Flying SIA suites

Mockngbrd

$23K only for suite ...

i thought first class seat to europe already that price

On aircraft with Suites (basically only the A380s), the Suites replace First Class..

Anyway, on SQ, the difference between First class SEATS and Business class SEATS, has not much difference when it comes down to the hard products. It's the service which made it different.

That being said, if one can afford it, should try at least once flying in longhaul in the suites just for the experience.. [:)]
Edited by Shull

i see ... sorry ... never tick First in booking airticket online not even Business ... couldn't care less to find out the price ... lol

i only need Economy in the dropdown list ... muahahaha

$23k ok what ... for elite salary ji ba ban per annum ... sign visa card $23k got miles and points somemore ...

Edited by Wt_know

i see ... sorry ... never tick First in booking airticket

not even Business .... i only need Economy in the dropdown list ... lol

One of the middle eastern airlines has got a whole farking 2 room apartment as first class product on it's B787.. Cost USD30k a pop for a 6hr flight..

SIA suites experience is pretty good

in fact the experience starts from Check In itself

There is a separate check in lounge with its own drive way at Terminal 3. Its like a hotel lobby with bell boys taking your luggage from your car. Where you usually turn up in your chauffeur driven S class or Rolls Royce

Then you check in at a hotel lobby like setting, seated and served drinks while they fiddle with your boarding pass

after check in, you have your own personal immigration counter to yourself, it is only for Suites/First passengers, so no queues at all.

then you are invited to the Silver Kris lounge. There is a special area where you sit down and are served like in a restaurant. Fresh fruit juice sir? no the lobster noodles please.

At your seat you think, where do i put my bag - on the seat, below the seat, below the other seat for guests, under the magazine counter? too many choices

Do i get to keep the Bose over the ear headphones i wonder?

On board, the staff ratio to passengers is almost 1 to 1 if you are lucky. Sometimes even 3 staff to 1 , which gets a bit too much because everyone tries to talk to you. Yes i am fine, no i do not need more Evian, i just want to watch Megan Fox's boobs thanks.

you will get a personal stewardess if the flight is empty, and they will kneel next to you to chat, heh heh heh , much easier to look down the kebaya

BUT - the stewardess are uglier! They assign the senior crew in Suites, so no eye candy

ALL the magazines are offered here first - thanks i will have Top Gear and CARS.

Food of course is better, but probably not too big a difference from SIA Biz class. You eat as and when you feel like it, and you can choose to have everything on the menu if you desire. I would like the Chicken & the Beef & the Fish too thank you.

It is always a cheap thrill having a kebaya clad stewardess asking you would you like to sleep now Mr XXX? Yes i would, care to join me?

One thing about Suites/First is that it is a lonely experience! you see no one at check in, no one in the lounge, no one on board, and no one when you get off

Edited by Aventador
  • Praise 8

Well, i have yet to even try SQ Biz.. although going to do it in nov..

Booked 2 SQ Biz ticket to Taipei for holiday with wifey.. and wiped out most of my frequent flyer miles in the process..

What makes this more worth than redeeming for economy ticket is, the tax and fuel surcharge for redeeming SQ Biz is only about 10% more than redeeming for SQ economy. Just that the number of miles is doubled..

Booked 2 SQ Biz ticket to Taipei for holiday with wifey.. and wiped out most of my frequent flyer miles in the process..

What makes this more worth than redeeming for economy ticket is, the tax and fuel surcharge for redeeming SQ Biz is only about 10% more than redeeming for SQ economy. Just that the number of miles is doubled..

Only the A380 & 777-300ER had the bigger seat for Biz class. The rest are smaller.

Redeem upgrade from Incheon and HK, both on the 777-200. Service is very good though.

• Praise 2

On aircraft with Suites (basically only the A380s), the Suites replace First Class..

Anyway, on SQ, the difference between First class SEATS and Business class SEATS, has not much difference when it comes down to the hard products. It's the service which made it different.

That being said, if one can afford it, should try at least once flying in longhaul in the suites just for the experience.. [:)]

I had the privilege of flying SQ Business Class to Zurich on A380 2 years back. It was a really pleasant experience. The Chief Steward commented that it was equivalent to the old First Class. In fact, other than the privacy the suites in the present First Class gave, there was not much diff he commented.

Price was almost 3 times from Business class though IIRC.

Of course, if you have $ then by all means splurge but frankly you won't be very far off in Business Class which is def a step-up from Economy and therefore worth paying IMO esp for long flights as u can have a good night's sleep!

Enjoy your holiday and if have chance again, u must try the A380 one cos I think it's different!

• Praise 4

Only the A380 & 777-300ER had the bigger seat for Biz class. The rest are smaller.

Redeem upgrade from Incheon and HK, both on the 777-200. Service is very good though.

Yup.. only the long haul biz on 777-300ER and A380 has the full lie-flat seats.. while the regional ones (A330-300) has the ski-slope biz seats. The 777-200 still has the old 'wide' seats.

One thing about Suites/First is that it is a lonely experience! you see no one at check in, no one in the lounge, no one on board, and no one when you get off

Is SIA still making profits in recent years? I remembered they pull out the longest flight route of recent due to low demand.

• Praise 1

Liked the part where he said there was only three passengers so he could have a bed room, dining room and living room just for the kicks. =D

I don't yet have enough to live this kind of life, but I want to, at least once.