Urgent! Dog Blood Drive for Scottish Terrier

Qpik

Hi Fellow Members,

I'm helping a relative appealing to those with healthy dog less than 6 years old, weighing 25kg and above to donate blood.

Her dog by the name of Baby (Black Scottish Terrier) is going for operation to remove spleen at Mount Pleasant @ Gelenggang. The clinic do not have enough blood and the operation requires blood transfusion. The blood testing will start at 8.30am tomorrow (1/10/14).

Address of the clinic:-

2 Jalan Gelenggang

Singapore 578187

Tel:62517666

Your help is greatly appreciated, even those who help to pass on this appeal to your family and friends.

To those who don't understand when a pet becomes part of a family, I will accept it and respect it if you could refrain from replying to this thread with insensitive remarks.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I dont have a dog that heavy, but I still can pray for him/her.

Thank you Hamburger. I've been praying for a miracle too.

Hi Fellow Members,

I'm helping a relative appealing to those with healthy dog less than 6 years old, weighing 25kg and above to donate blood.

Her dog by the name of Baby (Black Scottish Terrier) is going for operation to remove spleen at Mount Pleasant @ Gelenggang. The clinic do not have enough blood and the operation requires blood transfusion. The blood testing will start at 8.30am tomorrow (1/10/14).

Address of the clinic:-

2 Jalan Gelenggang

Singapore 578187

Tel:62517666

Your help is greatly appreciated, even those who help to pass on this appeal to your family and friends.

To those who don't understand when a pet becomes part of a family, I will accept it and respect it if you could refrain from replying to this thread with insensitive remarks.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

I went thru a similar situation like you - mine a Golden Retriever- only 6 years plus left this world 2 days back because of severe gastro intestinal issues and was bleeding profusely- many dog owners in my Neighbourhood were more than willing to donate their

post-157298-0-35862600-1534279855_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 12

I went thru a similar situation like you - mine a Golden Retriever- only 6 years plus left this world 2 days back because of severe gastro intestinal issues and was bleeding profusely- many dog owners in my Neighbourhood were more than willing to donate their ð blood for mine- more than 5 came and all were rejected Cos mine was DEA-ve and all the other 5 were DEA+ve... and after 2 days of hospitalization and when the 6th donor came he called it quits and left us all as he was bleeding profusely- after this incident I too wonder why there is no proper blood bank in Singapore nor a requirement by owners or Vets to tag the blood type..... it was a harrowing experience to loose a loved one whom never asked for anything except attention and gave nothing but joy and love with his silly antics ... RIP in your heavenly abode......i am sorry i failed you to live your full life

Have lost my puppy due to unknown causes 3 years ago. Was devastated even though we spent just a month together, so I’m sure with the years of friendship forged between your family and your pup, the pain would be indescribabe.

On the bright side, I’m sure your fur baby is at the other side of the rainbow bridge, happy.

• Praise 4

I contacted SPCA today by email .... they too dont have any blood registry of any sorts or kind

The most harrowing experience was that there was a hospital or clinic having the necessary blood but they wanted the patient to "transfer to them" How to transfer a wired up dog with all the fluids unless again there is a special ambulance and trained staff to do it; They would not even want sell the blood too for a fee , i did not want to delve or question them any further as I knew they had records of dogs with the similar blood but wanted the bigger cake of it... I'm just a layman; I might offend some docs in our forum here or rather they could share their inputs ; anyways a simple Registry by some NGO would really help to at least match and the rest can be done between owners if they can give a small token amount (though of course they will discourage it) but one would definetely give a token for this kind of things    

talk about medical ethics..... its all business as usual in this world today     

Ya, there should have a blood bank.

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

I used to have a golden too. Not sure if it’s badly bred or what, plenty of health issues and very blur but that makes her really lovable. It never could fetch. Miss that dog.

I used to have a golden too. Not sure if itâs badly bred or what, plenty of health issues and very blur but that makes her really lovable. It never could fetch. Miss that dog.

Golden’s are like that - they make you think they are silly and do loving silly things with that buck eyed look Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1