Stupid pedestrians cross roads without looking

cllq

Twincharged

If you horn them, you better have a dash cam, alot of siao gina like to challenge nowadays. Let them know they will be on STOMP, they will guai guai walk away.

Better have dashcam pointing every direction. Just had a bad experience. My dad was called down to assist in a hit-and-run investigation. The IO said someone made a police report claiming he hit him and never stop to render assistance. Based on the location it happened, my dad roughly remember it was probably a guy whom he honked at. He was turning right when the green arrow showed up and the pedestrian just dash across the road. Luckily the guy stopped so never hit him but it was close. Seems like he not happy and report that my dad hit-and-run.

Luckily he never go doctor or what cuz the IO gave a warning only since the pedestrian got no injury and no other witnesses.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Better have dashcam pointing every direction. Just had a bad experience. My dad was called down to assist in a hit-and-run investigation. The IO said someone made a police report claiming he hit him and never stop to render assistance. Based on the location it happened, my dad roughly remember it was probably a guy whom he honked at. He was turning right when the green arrow showed up and the pedestrian just dash across the road. Luckily the guy stopped so never hit him but it was close. Seems like he not happy and report that my dad hit-and-run.

Luckily he never go doctor or what cuz the IO gave a warning only since the pedestrian got no injury and no other witnesses.

This type of driver darn chee bye.. If got video evidence I am sure go dig out even to the extend of go to professional to retrieve overwrite files just to submit to police and file the said person make a false police report. Make sure he tio jia lat from the authorities..

• Praise 3

True story. I was sent to evacuate someone who got knocked down at a traffic junction last year. Dun tell u where cos u might then know where I was posted then.

Anyway, it was raining heavily. What I heard happen was this. The person was crossing the road. The green man changed to red but she was still on the road.

The light for vehicles turned to green and the first car to move off knocked her down. As she was hospital staff and it was near the ane, I was arrowed to lead the medical team for evacuation back to ane.

Moral of story

If the green man is blinking, please do not start to cross or hurry to complete to your crossing.

If the light turns green in your favour, as a driver, dun be in a hurry to move off.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 4

What the far? ???

Singapore drivers never run red light? Always give way?

You idjit

To cross the road, very risky to just follow traffic light signal. Cos in Sgp you have so many drivers from other countries who may not follow the traffic rules. Better observe the traffic light signals and watch out for "SIAO" drivers on the roads too.

• Praise 2

Moral of story

If the green man is blinking, please do not start to cross or hurry to complete to your crossing.

If the light turns green in your favour, as a driver, dun be in a hurry to move off.

But the truth is:

For pedestrians, if green man is blinking, look straight and stroll across because as long as you don't look at the waiting cars, you won't see the pissed off looks from the drivers.

For drivers, before the light turns green in your favour, keep inching forward as if you are in a hurry to catch your missy having an affair and speed off the moment it turns green.

• Praise 2

For drivers, before the light turns green in your favour, keep inching forward as if you are in a hurry to catch your missy having an affair and speed off the moment it turns green.

great! and send the mother f**ker that decided to just dash across the road last min flyinGGGGGGG!!!!

• Praise 1

Supercharged

But the truth is:

For pedestrians, if green man is blinking, look straight and stroll across because as long as you don't look at the waiting cars, you won't see the pissed off looks from the drivers..

what u dun see can't hurt u [:p]

As a pedestrian, I often raise my hand and gesture a thank you to driver who gives way to me and my family when we cross the road.

Knn, I have came across pedestrian who uses eye power open big big towards me even when I slow or stop to let them cross the road. Really Dafuq man lol

• Praise 3

Some people believe in fate

so why bother looking out for cars

when crossing the road?

If its your time to go, its your time to go.

So just look at your hand phone and cross

without looking lah. [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

I read somewhere scammers do this.

They go near your car, maybe slap your car with his hand and pretend to fall down.

But he will ask for money only.

when crossing the road?

The worst fear is the pedestrians have already taken out a personal accident plan.....looking for a sudden impact

Today met a young indian boy age about 15 ~ 16 years old.

At Single 2 ways traffic. He saw my car coming yet to cross the road slowly,

For me is ok, I don't horn or highbeam etc.

Guess what, he look at the right and look up and stop infront of my car, so no choice

have to keep right ( against the traffic) to avoid the boy dreaming for $$$ drop from the sky....

I think this is very common nowadays. Hardly met this issue but not my first time.

Edited by Tailgatepro

I got a question,

Why other countries, pedestrian don't dare to jaywalk the road blindly?

WORST, pedestrian don't even dare to walk Zebra crossing as they like. WHY?

Here is different, King and Queen walking slowly along Zebra crossing, that ok for me.

King and Queen slowly jaywalk across the road, well- driver suck thumb.

King and Queen nowadays block the road as refuse to let you go, how la?

I also encounter 12 ~ 13 persons walking horizontal line which enough to block 2 ways traffic at carpark area.

This is Singapore pedestrian act nowadays? LTA or Police can't do anything or LL only?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

This is Singapore pedestrian act nowadays? LTA or Police can't do anything or LL only?

coz here pedestrian is king!

u knock them is u neber "keep proper look out", even if they were jaywalking or watever...

llst.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I read somewhere scammers do this.

They go near your car, maybe slap your car with his hand and pretend to fall down.

But he will ask for money only.

This one more like taking revenge against my dad for honking at him.

• Praise 1

Nowadays they rather look at their smartphones and tablets instead of the traffic. :ph34r:

Exactly...i had an encounter in a car park.

Man and woman crossing the road from one side of car park to the other, where their car was parked. Man in front, woman behind. Man saw my car coming some way off and hurried across. Woman, staring at her hp, bo chap just cross without even looking up to check. I stopped. No horn since may scare her and no impatient horning was one of my resolutions for the new year. Halfway across, woman stopped and looked up. Saw my car....then looked down again at her hp and continue leisurely stroll across car park : (

My new year resolution ended...

when crossing the road?

Bro Jamesc, for those who believe in fate, they should also get to know fate better....fate doesn't like to be tempted...

• Praise 3

Hey Bro Aukang...

You made my day!

My resolution ended too... [grin]

Exactly...i had an encounter in a car park.

Man and woman crossing the road from one side of car park to the other, where their car was parked. Man in front, woman behind. Man saw my car coming some way off and hurried across. Woman, staring at her hp, bo chap just cross without even looking up to check. I stopped. No horn since may scare her and no impatient horning was one of my resolutions for the new year. Halfway across, woman stopped and looked up. Saw my car....then looked down again at her hp and continue leisurely stroll across car park : (

My new year resolution ended...

Bro Jamesc, for those who believe in fate, they should also get to know fate better....fate doesn't like to be tempted...

• Praise 1

coz here pedestrian is king!

u knock them is u neber "keep proper look out", even if they were jaywalking or watever...

llst.

haha, since we are allowed "honest mistake" or "isolated incident", I will shrug and say my pedestrian monitoring system does not detect jaywalkers so my car didn't brake. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2