Good WS to diagnose suspension issue

DarkFly3r

Hi, i am driving Vios NCP93. I have recently replaced my shock absorbers to KYB in JB. Now whenever i go over hump, it makes noise especially when going over at a faster speed. No noise issue during cruising.

Please recommend me a experience workshop locally that could solve this issue. Thank you guys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Did you change the top rubber mounts aka strut mounts.

Probably it is due worn mounts or the bearing in it is worn and maybe one of the bolts that tighten both the mounts and shocks is loose.

You should inspect in a reverse order of the above.

• Praise 2

sry TS borrow ur thread for question - when turning into parking lot in reverse til certain point, there is a tok sound from rear. what could be the issue? other than that, no leaking in shocks & normal travel no sound, though travelling over paving blocks may have slight "loose clocking" sound from rear.

Edited by Fuelsaver
  • Praise 1

Fuelsaver, I suspect it's the ball bearing worn out. Driving big car? Big rims? Aging car?

Bro it's at the rear only n during normal driving no sound very smooth. My wheels big bt not rims, ride is 7yo n 115k km

Most people never replace the rubber mounts when replacing the shocks. The fact is both have to be replaced together.

sry TS borrow ur thread for question - when turning into parking lot in reverse til certain point, there is a tok sound from rear. what could be the issue? other than that, no leaking in shocks & normal travel no sound, though travelling over paving blocks may have slight "loose clocking" sound from rear.

It could be sway bar links or sway bar bush.

Fuelsaver, I suspect it's the ball bearing worn out. Driving big car? Big rims? Aging car?

If wheel bearing worn out, will have constant helicopter sound.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

It could be the bushing issue.

My experience is when going to the humps, it has the "crack" sound. The mechanic told me it was the bushing that has worn out.

It could be sway bar links or sway bar bush.

If wheel bearing worn out, will have constant helicopter sound.

vios rear suspension is torsion beam setup dont have sway bar one unless you install after market. I suspect is when mechanic replace the absorber they never install back the abosrber bump or cushion that when it completely compress the spring the bump act as a cushion. Another possibility is that the bushes that hold the torsion beam is worn out and need to be replace.

see the parts in square.

post-22326-0-73439000-1412444648_thumb.png

Edited by Ivanpaseo

Hi, i am driving Vios NCP93. I have recently replaced my shock absorbers to KYB in JB. Now whenever i go over hump, it makes noise especially when going over at a faster speed. No noise issue during cruising.

Please recommend me a experience workshop locally that could solve this issue. Thank you guys.

why not go back to the workshop where you changed?

Mine also have the same issue but my ride is an Altis. Please share if you found out what is causing the sound, [thumbsup] .

Mine also have the same issue but my ride is an Altis. Please share if you found out what is causing the sound, [thumbsup] .

rear top mount might be faulty. but this part seldom spoil as compare to front one as front has bearing but not impossible.

I'm driving a MAZDA a nd currently have the same problem. Changed the bushing, absorber and rear rubber stop at the top of the shocks. Problem persists.

Workshops I been to can't find the problem and only put grease on the bushing and absorbers.

One even dare tell me it's because my exos is hitting the bumper.

So do recommend a good workshop for us if anyone has any.

↡ Advertisement