WOMAN Soccer: Who are the best ladies team in ASIA?

Camrysfa

Seems like the North Koreans are the best as far as 2014 is concerned.

In SG, hardly see any female soccer matches.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/n-korea-beats-japan-in-womens-soccer-to-win-gold-at-asian-games

INCHEON —

North Korea upset defending champions Japan 3-1 to win the Asian Games women’s soccer gold on Wednesday—and again it was all down to leader Kim Jong-Un for sharing his wisdom.

Kim Yun-Mi, captain Ra Un-Sim and Ho Un-Byol were all on target as the North Koreans totally outplayed World and Asian Cup holders Japan to avenge their loss in the final four years ago.

The North’s players squealed with joy, some bursting into tears, at the final whistle as around 60 of their flag-waving comrades in official tracksuits hopped with delight in the stands.

After the match, their coach dedicated the gold to North Korean leader Kim, a big sports fan who is reportedly ailing.

“This was an inevitable result as the North Korean players trained with dedication and never stopped fighting to return the warm love of our dear leader Kim Jong-Un, who watched over us” Kim Kwang-Min told reporters.

“Our respected leader visited our training camp on July 11 and gave the team valuable instruction on how to win the gold medal at the Asian Games. This victory reflects the boundless feelings of the players for our dear leader.”

South Korean fans chanted support for their neighbors from north of the border throughout, many waving unification flags showing the Korean peninsula in blue on a white background.

The North’s players sprinted over to the main stand after a celebratory team hug and unfurled their country’s flag as thousands of local fans seated behind huge unification banners with the same design serenaded them with: “We are one

At the medal ceremony, local fans and the delirious North Korean delegation continued to chant the same mantra to each other from opposite sides of the pitch.

“When our team was being cheered on by South Korea I felt we are one nation,” said coach Kim. “We are all brothers and sisters. I could sense a feeling of Korean unification.”

North Korea took the lead after 12 minutes when midfielder Kim stabbed home from close range following some dreadful Japanese defending.

They produced a moment of true class to double their lead seven minutes after the interval, Ra latching on to a long diagonal from Jon Myong-Hwa to finish with a clinical right-foot shot.

post-114176-0-01349000-1412288316_thumb.png

post-114176-0-14821900-1412288360_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sorry TS . . OT a bit.

Wah! Like that can excuse 2 years of military service . . .

South Korea overcame North Korea 1-0 with virtually the last kick of extra time to win a cliff-hanging Asian Games men's football final on Thursday.

Defender Rim Chang-Woo smashed home a last-gasp winner from close range to deliver the knockout blow in an emotionally charged final, giving South Korea their fourth title and a first since 1986.

When the final whistle blew a matter of seconds later, the crowd of 47,000 rain-soaked fans erupted with joy as both sets of players slumped to the turf sobbing, having battled each other to a standstill.

"I'm very proud of my players for winning the gold medal for the first time in 28 years," South Korea coach Lee Kwang-Jong told reporters after his players had completed a jubilant lap of honour draped in national flags. "It was a tough game but they were terrific."

Sitting alongside him an awkward distance away, North Korea coach Yun Jong-Su raged about the officiating, insisting there had had been a foul before the winning goal.

"The referee's assistant raised his flag, then put it down," he fumed. "Our players saw the flag go up and stopped but then play continued and they scored. The officials should be fair but the referee did not want to blow his whistle for us at all."

As a reward for their dramatic and symbolic victory in Incheon, South Korea's players will be excused their two years of mandatory military service.

The home side survived a major scare in normal time when targetman Pak Kwang-Ryong thundered a header against the crossbar after 75 minutes for the North, who dished out some rough stuff throughout a game played 120 miles (195km) from the world's most fortified border.

- State of war -

The countries remain technically at war after the 1950-53 Korean War ended in a truce, not a peace treaty, and over 1,000 riot police stood guard in and around the stadium as security was heightened for the gold medal clash.

The communist North claimed the women's gold medal with a 3-1 victory over Japan on Wednesday, but their male counterparts struggled with the pace after being taken to extra time by Iraq in the semi-finals.

South Korea, 2-0 winners over Thailand in the last four, largely dominated a fiery encounter but lacked the killer touch, the winning goal resulting from a corner as the clocked ticked past 120 minutes played.

As panic struck the North Korean defence, Lee Yong-Jae nudged the ball goal-wards and it appeared to have crossed the line before Rim made sure with a fierce volley after it dropped to him.

Yun angrily shook his fists at the officials as his players wept uncontrollably, although replays suggested that the only infringement had been a handball on the line by a North Korea defender.

"It's not fair," he barked as he stormed off the pitch.

"I want to thank my players for giving every bit of energy. They fought right to the end," he added after the ceremony, before taking one last swipe at the officials.

"The referee missed a lot of calls against Iraq and it was the same tonight. That's what I want to tell you journalists. There should be no home advantage. The referees must be fair."

Gotta admit . . the NKs are good in football.

• Praise 1

front row second from left looks like got constipation [laugh]

or let the plane land [laugh]

Do they also take off their jersey do the airplane run?

you are reminded of runways?

post-114176-0-24763600-1412345139_thumb.png

I am puzzled about front row #3 - sure the player not from the other national team? sorri, that's what puzzles me.