Water patch on the back seat floor mat

Donut

Supercharged

need some advice.

recently i found some water patch on the floor mat, at back seat, behind driver's seat.

my car never kena flood before. and i don't rem my doors leak in rain water. I didn't even wash my car for few months liao.

can't be air con water coz back seat has no air con vent. Front seat floor mats are all ok.

can't be bodily fiuld coz i don't do anything on back seats. [laugh][laugh]

any possible cause of this?

today, i park under hot sun, remove the floor mat, roll down windows abit to allow drying

will monitor over few next days.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

what car you drive?

I know of a Mk5 Golf has this problem. Agent strip the car also can't find the root cause. [sweatdrop]

your car got accident before? Check your car front and back bumpers. Most cases is because accident not properly repaired and cause the leakage

need some advice.

recently i found some water patch on the floor mat, at back seat, behind driver's seat.

my car never kena flood before. and i don't rem my doors leak in rain water. I didn't even wash my car for few months liao.

can't be air con water coz back seat has no air con vent. Front seat floor mats are all ok.

today, i park under hot sun, remove the floor mat, roll down windows abit to allow drying

My old car a 8 yrs old toyota vios also have the same problem... but its only on the driver side... When i lift up the rubber car mat and found the original fabric looking damp, i put up the fabric and saw 2cm deep water ponding [sly]... suspect is the heavy rain so i try to trace the water leakage whenever it rains but cant find it... however it seems like an one off issue as when the water dries up i dont see it happens again when there is heavy rain... until now it x-files for me...

maybe u want to see if the rubber lining along the door got cracks...

Edited by Xers007

Supercharged

Rear windscreen wiper fluid piping leaking?

rear windscreen got no wiper.

your car got accident before? Check your car front and back bumpers. Most cases is because accident not properly repaired and cause the leakage

my car is 120% no accident. double confirm plus chop with my blood. [laugh]

a VW?

any sunroof?

no sunroof.

its a Honda

need some advice.

Do u have kids? maybe kids urine [laugh]

• Praise 1

nope. definitely not kids urine.

y dun u try drying it first with hair dryer and obvious...

if it becomes wet again without u driving in the rain or wet roads....means it comes from within...

ask you mech to take a look or try to swing your doors after driving during heavy rain. if you can hear water swishing around in the door, it can be that your rear doors weather seals are hardened/gone and water don't get drain fast enough from bottom of the doors.

Very high chance there is a seepage of water somewhere. I suggest u check your boot, lift up all the mat and stuff till u see bare metal. Check spare tire well and side to see if it is wet. I had similar experience with my previous car. Changed the rubber liner of the boot...still couldn't solve. Took the car out for a spin during heavy downpour, then drove it to MSCP for inspection. Finally spotted the seepage location. It was from rear light assembly. Having said that, the car had a rear accident before so I knew immediately it must be due to poor repair workmanship. Since yours is 100% accident free, maybe it could be due to worn out rubber liner or something.

Aircon drainage pipe choked. Get it clear by shop.

A/C drainage problem usually can be spotted from passenger seat foot well. Am I right?

It hasn't been raining for don't know how long liao. That could also mean it was soaked for don't know how long liao. Your only fear is will it cause rust to the body. It occurred to my old car and the result from prolong soaking was rust at the corner of the boot. Since it was old car coming to end of life...I can't be bothered.

need some advice.

↡ Advertisement