New SPC&U card 17% discount in Oct

Sg2303

From 1 oct 2014...........if you reg online with the new SPC card is 17%...........if you pay by UOB card is every $62 you get $3 off...........it is not $60 .........and $50 is before 1 Oct...........

Only using POSB everyday card is still $50 gets $3 off............

I am very sure because I pumped yesterday morning................and I was asking the cashier why $62 for UOB cards ............so odd..............she replied is stated by the bank not by SPC................so the best card to use at SPC together with SPC card now is POSB everyday card..........

The UOB card I'm using gives extra 0.5% rebate, so its better than Everyday card, at least for Oct.

By the way, is there a minimum pump amount for Everyday card before the 6% rebate kicks in? Thought they give 6% regardless of the pump amount?

↡ Advertisement

$62........sibei odd number sia...........and i did not see any notice on the change..............I think the cashier must have gotten alot of scolding the last few days...............everyone in the queue she had to ask if they have POSB everyday card............ [laugh] [laugh]

Ya lor she told me $62 I also stun. But heck lah, just use the everyday card

The UOB card I'm using gives extra 0.5% rebate, so its better than Everyday card, at least for Oct.

By the way, is there a minimum pump amount for Everyday card before the 6% rebate kicks in? Thought they give 6% regardless of the pump amount?

Yah, depends on the UOB card. I seldom use UOB card.

I thought there's no min amount for everyday card? Any amount also 6% right?

$62........sibei odd number sia...........and i did not see any notice on the change..............I think the cashier must have gotten alot of scolding the last few days...............everyone in the queue she had to ask if they have POSB everyday card............ [laugh] [laugh]

Actually $61.50 should do the trick liao.

This is calculated based on the initial arrangement of $60 for 15% + $3 discount.

Wonder if the attendant can select $61.50 or not. Hahaha

Ya lor she told me $62 I also stun.

Nevermind, next time I pump, will ask for $61.50, or to be even more exact, $61.45. Lol...

Update here if I ever try that, just for the fun of it, and if I can remember this amount.

Edited by Kingkong
  • Praise 1

i dont know leh...........i dont really keep track of the rebate.........and i dont use POSB everyday card............... [:p] [:p]

Ya lor she told me $62 I also stun. But heck lah, just use the everyday card

the cashier also koh lian...............in front of me there were 3-4 persons.................she was like a recorder............so when she told me $62 i was also stun but i look at her..............i think also too much also no use........ [laugh] [laugh]

This is calculated based on the initial arrangement of $60 for 15% + $3 discount.

Nevermind, next time I pump, will ask for $61.50, or to be even more exact, $61.45. Lol...

Update here if I ever try that, just for the fun of it, and if I can remember this amount.

KNN..........you eat full nothing to do is it???........ [laugh] [laugh]

actually how you derive at $61.45 ah............ [:p]

KNN..........you eat full nothing to do is it???........ [laugh] [laugh]

actually how you derive at $61.45 ah............ [:p]

Yalor, nothing better to do lor...

Actually based on the initial promo of $60, after 15% disc, we pay $51. UOB will capture it and apply the extra $3 disc automatically.

So if we count backwards using $51 and 17% disc, the amount of $61.45 comes out.

Now the only problem is whether the uncle can key in 6145 or not... Hahaha

I tried it before with the birthday disc voucher. Similar calculation and it works.

• Praise 2

The pump the input the exact amount to be used.

Hey guys, can i know what does the new SPC&U card offers as compared to the old SPC card? Besides the discounts, are we able to redeem something using the points? Cause i'm able to redeem stuffs using the caltex thanks card. Hence, just wanna compare the difference between these two companies. Thanks.

Hey guys, can i know what does the new SPC&U card offers as compared to the old SPC card? Besides the discounts, are we able to redeem something using the points? Cause i'm able to redeem stuffs using the caltex thanks card. Hence, just wanna compare the difference between these two companies. Thanks.

Not sure if there will be any changes compared to the old card.

But what I think is they want us to sign up the new card, and give them the right to send us marketing materials.

Just protecting their backside against the PDPA violation lar.

Not sure if there will be any changes compared to the old card.

But what I think is they want us to sign up the new card, and give them the right to send us marketing materials.

Just protecting their backside against the PDPA violation lar.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I was still hoping we could accumulate points using the new card so that we can use it for redemption.

Twincharged

Hello Guys,

everytime I pump at spc

the counter folks will ask me keep or redeem ???

may I ask what is the difference ? Thanks

Which card you using? I know for UOB will accumulate some points and can redeem the points.

Keep, you continue to accumulate everyday$ for current purchase (for POSB Everyday CC).

Redeem, you use your accumulated everyday$ to offset current purchase, but no everyday$ will be rewarded for current purchase.

So, reckon if you want to maximise everyday$, use it offset CC bills instead? Not sure how to do it since never done before as I take the easy way out to redeem for "free" petrol. Feel very shiok too! :D

Hello Guys,

everytime I pump at spc

• Praise 1

Hello Guys,

everytime I pump at spc

I believe you may be using Everyday card.

As bro Kangadrool said :

Keep - you get to earn maximum rebate for this purchase.

Redeem - the Daily$ you accumulated so far will be used to offset current purchase.

The final amount to pay, in my opinion, will earn you rebate based on the new amount.

I'll always keep, and end of month login to redeem to offset monthly bill.

This will ensure maximun rebate lor.

Others may find this troublesome, so they prefer to redeem as they pump, though lesser rebate earned.

Differing style, just do the step that you prefer, and enjoy.