In-Car Camera Installation

Sparcoray

Hi all,

Yesterday I was quoted $568 for Blackvue DR650GW - 2 ch + $60 power magic + $120 installation.

I am quite overwhelmed by the prices quoted, especially the installation.

I had initially wanted to buy a local set from agent for the warranty and support. But amazon or qoo10 seems to be really much cheaper.

I read through this entire thread and it was inactive since July this month. I wonder if there are any newer and better products during these 3 months that you have experienced.

Thanks.

Vicp

Agree. I was also looking around. Very good profit margin....

↡ Advertisement

no matter where I put my camera, down or above the windscreen, the video always got reflection from my dash, esp day time :(

but the hook is made such that the camera lense is a bit far from the windscreen instead of touching the widnscreen so that no gap in betweem the lense and the windscreen to capture the reflection from my dash...

One year ago, I bought the Lukas camera and Lukas portable battery pack to replace my overheating Blackvue camera. The battery packs allows me to do recording even after the car engine is off and I need not have to mess around with the fuse box.

Bought it from ebay and DIY the simple installation. Power supply is via the cig lighter.

One year later, the portable battery is still able to let the camera operate on parking mode for about 10 hours after a full charge. No fear of draining the car battery.

Decent image quality from Lukas yet does not cost an arm and a leg. Uses the cheaper SD card up to 128GB capacity. Never overheats even when operating in parking under the hot sun. Have been very satisfied with it. No need to dismantle and clean the lens periodically unlike my Blackvue.

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Yesterday I was quoted $568 for Blackvue DR650GW - 2 ch + $60 power magic + $120 installation.

I am quite overwhelmed by the prices quoted, especially the installation.

I had initially wanted to buy a local set from agent for the warranty and support. But amazon or qoo10 seems to be really much cheaper.

I read through this entire thread and it was inactive since July this month. I wonder if there are any newer and better products during these 3 months that you have experienced.

Thanks.

Vicp

bro,

u can go Sitex next Thursday to check out car cam there. Usually there'll be discount. Thus far i know Iroad will be there. 

I find that the sd card on my lukas is much more reliable, has not screwed up once since I got it compared to my blackvue which has screwed up twice already (ie require formatting etc)

One year ago, I bought the Lukas camera and Lukas portable battery pack to replace my overheating Blackvue camera. The battery packs allows me to do recording even after the car engine is off and I need not have to mess around with the fuse box.

Bought it from ebay and DIY the simple installation. Power supply is via the cig lighter.

One year later, the portable battery is still able to let the camera operate on parking mode for about 10 hours after a full charge. No fear of draining the car battery.

Decent image quality from Lukas yet does not cost an arm and a leg. Uses the cheaper SD card up to 128GB capacity. Never overheats even when operating in parking under the hot sun. Have been very satisfied with it. No need to dismantle and clean the lens periodically unlike my Blackvue.

bro,

u can go Sitex next Thursday to check out car cam there. Usually there'll be discount. Thus far i know Iroad will be there. 

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have already installed 2 units of iroad V9 at an authorised agent to get a 360degree recording.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I have already installed 2 units of iroad V9 at an authorised agent to get a 360degree recording.

bro,

can pm me where u purchased ur V9 and price. thks

Anyone want to get iRoad V9 from Korea?

Certainly much cheaper than the retail price in Singapore. Singapore authorized dealer is selling at S$540. 

PM me for price and information.
PS: No local warranty. Will test the camera before shipping from Korea to Singapore.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Can advise what do you mean by 360 degree recording? 

Can advise what do you mean by 360 degree recording?

Hi.

1 set has main (front) and sub (back)

So I put set A main at front. Set A sub at right side of car at the door

Set B main at back. Set b sub at left door of car

no matter where I put my camera, down or above the windscreen, the video always got reflection from my dash, esp day time :(

but the hook is made such that the camera lense is a bit far from the windscreen instead of touching the widnscreen so that no gap in betweem the lense and the windscreen to capture the reflection from my dash...

use a CPL filter.. but i doubt your car cam has such a add-on...some other car cams have this accessory and it'll minimise the reflections during day and night too..

Hi.

1 set has main (front) and sub (back)

So I put set A main at front. Set A sub at right side of car at the door

Set B main at back. Set b sub at left door of car

bro, this could be the best coverage around the whole car possible. but not yet 360 degrees though.

cos there is a limit of coverage angel for each main and sub.

read from somewhere that, in order to have a full 360, will need at least 6 units, which are 3 pairs..

bro, this could be the best coverage around the whole car possible. but not yet 360 degrees though.

cos there is a limit of coverage angel for each main and sub.

read from somewhere that, in order to have a full 360, will need at least 6 units, which are 3 pairs..

Hi,

Of course there are blind spots, I can live with it.

3 sets is overkill for me.

I don't want to jump start my car every Monday if I leave it alone over the weekend.

One year ago, I bought the Lukas camera and Lukas portable battery pack to replace my overheating Blackvue camera. The battery packs allows me to do recording even after the car engine is off and I need not have to mess around with the fuse box.

hi can i check where did u purchase the lukas camera and which model 

Hello.

In most cases, cigarette lighter point is switched.

And for fusebox it can be switched and unswitched.

Switched is that the power is controlled by your ignition switch/key.  When engine is turned off, so is the supply to cigarette.

My car have 3 cigarette lighter point, 2 switched and 1 unswitched.

A problem with tapping from fusebox, cutting wire harness of your car is most likely required.

hi. need some advise.

what's the difference between tapping battery from fuse box and cigarette lighter?

thanks.

↡ Advertisement