Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Hanan_ho

Bro TM, go easy on new tyres ok?

Think you too excited wear new shoes want to chut pattern :D

Think you experienced driver already should know to don't rev too much nor brake hard

for 1k mileage at least (?)but thanks for the feedback and write-up [thumbsup]

Yes Sir!!!!.......... [thumbsup][laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just called the recommended tyre shop. I was offered efficient grip instead of triple max. The shop owner mentioned that though my tyre size is available in the triplemax brochure, they did not bring it in as the very size (215/50/17) of my tyre are made in China, not Thailand like the rest of the size of triplemax...:( So they offer other series instead.

Edited by Janling3
  • Praise 1

Just called the recommended tyre shop. I was offered efficient grip instead of triple max. The shop owner mentioned that though my tyre size is available in the triplemax brochure, they did not bring it in as the very size (215/50/17) of my tyre are made in China, not Thailand like the rest of the size of triplemax...:( So they offer other series instead.

Bro.............check the load index first.........the load index on this size for their other products are about 90........efficient grip is only 50 on paper............

If I were you...........i properly go for directional5 instead......

Bro.............check the load index first.........the load index on this size for their other products are about 90........efficient grip is only 50 on paper............

Bro TM, good review and thanks for highlighting the load index. All along I just thought getting one with the same size will do. Indeed, it;s good to know more about the types specification e.g. load index, max speed, etc. to choose one that's suitable for the ride. [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

Bro, thank you for the more comprehensive approach in choosing a right tyre, besides just the size alone.... cheers...:)

• Praise 2

Bro, thank you for the more comprehensive approach in choosing a right tyre, besides just the size alone.... cheers...:)

Hi Janling3, I'm currently on Goodyear excellent. You may wish to consider this, good grips and comfort tyres. Somehow it's not found on GY website but saw it in one tyre shop.

Btw, did you up your rim to 17 ? If yes, can share the original size? I'm tempted to up mine, currently 195/65 R15. Not sure what is the best fit. 215/45-17 or 205/55-17.

Hi Janling3, I'm currently on Goodyear excellent. You may wish to consider this, good grips and comfort tyres. Somehow it's not found on GY website but saw it in one tyre shop.

Btw, did you up your rim to 17 ? If yes, can share the original size? I'm tempted to up mine, currently 195/65 R15. Not sure what is the best fit. 215/45-17 or 205/55-17.

my stock tyre size is 205/65/R15, so the closest match for 17 upgrade is 215/50/R17... :) As for your tyre size would be 205/50/R17 (0.4% slower, speedo runs 60m/h but you are actually traveling at 60.2m/h [:)]

my stock tyre size is 205/65/R15, so the closest match for 17 upgrade is 215/50/R17... :) As for your tyre size would be 205/50/R17 (0.4% slower, speedo runs 60m/h but you are actually traveling at 60.2m/h [:)]

kam xia kam xia... I am also thinking 205/50 R17 would be a better fit. Worry to hit sidewall if the width up sized too much.

[thumbsup]

bro.....just sharing what I think I know............actually it helped me too..........after doing some reading.............. [laugh] [laugh]

now i look at the car gross weight before i decide if I want to upsize or downsize............ [laugh] [laugh]

quick update........

manage to try out a full wet grip ................driving in a heavy down pour last Friday...........

Was raining very heavily last Friday from JB all the way to jurong...........rev up on BKE after clearing custom............the tyre grip well in the wet raining condition.............had to do a e-brake because the car in front braked when crossing a pool of water............the tyre hold well braking from 90Km/h to 60km/h while cross water............overall quite impress with the wet grip and braking over water............

FC is so far so good................but I think have to pump up a bit more................I did 36psi (2.5bar) when new.............FC seem to have increase a little the last 2 days.............could be time to pump up again................. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

I saw quite a long list of people interested in this tyre over at the Goodyear MU thread, but seem like no other feed back at all here. Nobody else install this tyre? Anyone else has anything to share?

• Praise 6

Changed to GY Assurance TripleMax 2 days ago and clocked 180km so far.

Was using KU31 before that.

Huge difference in noise level and roll resistance.

Can't comment much about fuel saving at the moment, but I believe fuel consumption will be lower with Triplemax due to it lower roll resistance.

Dry grip wise, I feel that KU31 is so much better, but KU31 noise level is [knife][furious]

I'm using 195/50R15.

• Praise 1

I just installed Threesome Triplemax on my existing car as the last owner has 4 of them installed.

Since the front 2 were botak, might as well give it a try as it's cheap.

Noise Level is much lower then KU31, almost the same as PS3 (but if you ask me which is louder, I cannot tell).

Dry Grip & dry grip: PS3, TM/KU.

Wet Grip: PS3, TM/KU.

Summary, if one can stand the noise but dont have the extra budget, go for ku31.

But there are reviews that Ku31 has high FC and TM might just pays itself over the petrol cost.

Overall, TM might be a better choice over Ku31.

Personal choice, will not mind to pay more for PS3 but didn't regret having TM on.

• Praise 1

This tyre will start to crack/peel off on the edge after around 15k km. Im on this tyre from nov 2012 to july 2013. Its quiet and good in wet but cornering is bad.

Give Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance a try too.

I got them from Tyrepac but haven't install. 195/65R15 for $88, no installation. Made in Germany.