2008 BMW 320 vs Merc C180

Hondaes8

Mr.Yuan, you should try first and see for yourself, a serious note.....6 potter and above IL or V, listen carefully how the engine notes are playing from 1 ~ 6 gears, release gas pedal then heavy step on to feel the gear box kick down and pulling away into reline.

It's fun in driving when the car never looses it's breath.

Sometime my wife :angry: jealous over with the car [mad] , you know ? [:/][:(]

That's why must drive a car that says "It's good to be bad". [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

In terms of drivability, the 320i beats the C180K anytime

I really got to experience this drivability thing of a BMW one of these days. Keep hearing about it, but don't know what it is.

• Praise 1

I really got to experience this drivability thing of a BMW one of these days. Keep hearing about it, but don't know what it is.

Celicar is also [thumbsup] a nice sport car [:p][laugh]

• Praise 10

Dear forummers,

Looking to buy either of the above.

Please advise which is a better buy.

It seems like C180 commands at least 10K above the 320, while the 320 has a higher OMV than C180....

Any reason on the lower resale value of the 320 ?

thanks in advance. :)

In terms of look and reliability of cos the C180 (w204) than the 320 (E90)!

Heavy, quicker steering, bumpier ride. Had a E46 on sports suspension B4.... din like the ride and tire roar except the skinny steering wheel was nicer to hold.

• Praise 3

Heavy, quicker steering, bumpier ride. Had a E46 on sports suspension B4.... din like the ride and tire roar except the skinny steering wheel was nicer to hold.

Any BM series with 6 pots would makes a lot of differences, my first test drive with a BM 316 with 4 potter wasn't impressive enough, my own opinions it looses to many MIJ & MIK models in terms of pick-up and stability at 150 km/h.

Cheers.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Any BM series with 6 pots would makes a lot of differences, my first test drive with a BM 316 with 4 potter wasn't impressive enough, my own opinions it looses to many MIJ & MIK models in terms of pick-up and stability at 150 km/h.

Cheers.

There is an Old Saying ... If it isn't 6 Pots ... It's not a BMW ...

We used to have one of those 316i in our home ... Wah Lan Ehhh ... Vomit Blood ... That was the day I told myself never to buy entry level cars ...

But that's just me ...

In terms of look and reliability of cos the C180 (w204) than the 320 (E90)!

Looks I choose E90 ...

Reliability I choose W204 ...

Resale Value I choose W204 ...

To Drive I choose E90 ...

Given me to purchase ... My heart is with the E90 ...

Edited by Chowyunfatt
  • Praise 1

You may find the steering heavy at first but will come to appreciate & enjoy it at higher speeds.

• Praise 1

Cheers.

Alamak, system doesn't allow me to praise u yet.

I dislike the 4 potters......becos of the tiak tiak tiak noise.

Alamak, system doesn't allow me to praise u yet.

I dislike the 4 potters......becos of the tiak tiak tiak noise.

I am very impressed :o with it's splendid [thumbsup] Engine Air Induction into combustion chambers that provides superb power surges and nice engine notes from every accelerations :wub:[inlove]

• Praise 1

There is an Old Saying ... If it isn't 6 Pots ... It's not a BMW ...

We used to have one of those 316i in our home ... Wah Lan Ehhh ... Vomit Blood ... That was the day I told myself never to buy entry level cars ...

But that's just me ...

Looks I choose E90 ...

Reliability I choose W204 ...

Resale Value I choose W204 ...

To Drive I choose E90 ...

Given me to purchase ... My heart is with the E90 ...

Can't agree more with the above statement.

Can't agree more with the above statement.

I am a late comer to drive UDM, all my previous MB's has good memories in long distant ride [drivingcar] comfort, but the 5'er provides everything's that a driver needs [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

I am a late comer to drive UDM, all my previous MB's has good memories in long distant ride [drivingcar] comfort, but the 5'er provides everything's that a driver needs [thumbsup]

If you have driven on Malaysia B road, the difference will be more apparent.

↡ Advertisement