National Stadium - Where the Green Grass (won't) Grow

Darryn

In light of the soccer today, the great Brazilian tradition of beach games (and hot girls in tiny bikinis) as well as special hovering lights, just some light entertainment for all of the fans attending tonight's sellout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aENJoceTXA

Then some tips, I teach the groundsman how to suck eggs ok....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swycdFTpA5M

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Singapore sports hub unveils state-of-the-art, multi-functional pitch at the national stadium
News - 22/5/2014
fid-10146-singaporesportshub.jpg

Singapore, 21 May 2014 - SportsHub Pte Ltd today unveiled to the world the National Stadium pitch that will play host to football, rugby, cricket and athletics for years to come. With the Desso GrassMaster system delivering a state-of-the-art pitch, the National Stadium will fulfill its role as a multi-functional venue for sports and entertainment.

As the focal point for the 55,000-seater National Stadium, the pitch is a blend of two types of grass seeds – Rye and Blue Grass.

The 100%-natural grass is injected with artificial fibres 18 centimetres deep, every two centimetres across the pitch.

This results in the natural grass roots growing around some 114 million protective filaments (20 million fibres), thusthus anchoring the field.

This unique system, also used in London’s famous Wembley Stadium and many other world-class venues, offers stability and reinforcement, ensuring a uniform, reliable and visually attractive surface in perfect condition at all times. Since the installation of the Desso GrassMaster pitch in 2010 at Wembley Stadium, more than 150 football, rugby and NFL matches along with six months of concerts have taken place at the stadium.

The criticism comes amid concerns that the stadium’s pitch would not be in proper shape for the highly-anticipated friendly between Brazil and Japan on Tuesday evening and the AFF Suzuki Cup on Nov 22.
sports-hub-stadium-pitch.jpgFile photo of the National Stadium pitch. (Photo: TODAY)

SINGAPORE: Former Lions captain Baihakki Khaizan and current national team player Khairul Amri have criticised the management of the National Stadium.

In a strongly-worded post on his Instagram account on Sunday (Oct 12), Baihakki said that the new National Stadium, which opened in June, “look(s) prettier now”, but has “sold out”, hashtagging “#stadiumforconcerts”.

“You’re (the National Stadium) all fancy these days, with all the bells and whistles, but I remember the plain you, and they are wonderful memories,” he wrote. “We won championships on the platform you provided, I became a Lion on your lawn.

“Hey, you made many legendary Lions who inspired the young me, and roused the nation. And not just Lions, C Kunalan, James Wong, Glory Barnabas, all names that shine form our sporting past shone on your lap. Let’s not forget all the National Days we celebrated on your hallowed ground – a sacred battlefield for everyone that wore our flag.”

But, “you’re different now,” Baihakki said. “And I’m not convinced by how you’re behaving now. You don’t seem to know your priorities anymore, and I don’t see how new stars will be born in you again. You’ve sold out, haven’t you? You’re more about money, moving in a direction I don’t understand.”

• Praise 1

World class stadium with a lousy pitch.

LoL.... can't praise you yet... but this is the kind of people we have in the gahmen. Truly "world" class. <_<

In light of the soccer today, the great Brazilian tradition of beach games (and hot girls in tiny bikinis) as well as special hovering lights, just some light entertainment for all of the fans attending tonight's sellout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aENJoceTXA

Then some tips, I teach the groundsman how to suck eggs ok....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swycdFTpA5M

Very nice country songs, ask Mrs.Darryn [gorgeous] what does "Grass Dies Calculation" in Chinese 算 死 草 [scholar]

It means someone extremely calculative, greedy and takes everything's :angry: , did I mentioned our gahment [confused]

• Praise 1

LoL.... can't praise you yet... but this is the kind of people we have in the gahmen. Truly "world" class. <_<

God bless singapore if we truly have this and lui tuck yew to bring us forward.

• Praise 1

God bless singapore if we truly have this and lui tuck yew to bring us forward.

I'm sure there are many like him, just that they have not open their mouths to talk yet

• Praise 2

just lay artificial grass la

$$ can solve is not a problem liao

if u played on artificial turf before.. its a different feeling to real grass..

can get injured quite easily on artificial...

Supercharged

Spend $800K on angmo grass, another $1.5m for special lighting to make the grass grow. Worse than Vivien and his YOG bughet bust!!

• Praise 6

Spend $800K on angmo grass, another $1.5m for special lighting to make the grass grow. Worse than Vivien and his YOG bughet bust!!

when money comes so easily, it is hard to feel any pain even if you are flushing it down the toilet

• Praise 1

it doesn't end there.

in Today's paper, there's the expert which was specially flown in, then there's additional special supplement for the grass... dunno what next...

any grass whisperer?

looks like its all panic stations now.... and 205 international media reps will be there to witness

also, now this is in the news, lawyers from barcelona, psg, man city, chelsea etc must be busy making calls to brazil fa reminding them of some clauses.

Those fellas got power. Last year, the game between Barcelona vs Malaysia in KL was shifted to another stadium in KL at the last minute as the original stadium was deemed too uneven. Messi wasn't even fielded after the shift.

....wouldn't want to be in the sportshub ceo's shoes

Edited by Karoon
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1