Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Hello fellow mates,

i need some advice:

1) I went to the show room on Sat (26/9) and wanted to test drive the manual version but was told by an old SE that there wasn't one at all, is this true because I read in some of the posts that someone actually had driven one for the test drive.

2) I was told that manual transmission is only a 5-speeder not a 6. I was shocked and said to that old man SE that then why in your website, it stated 6-speeded. He replied varies according to country but in SG, it is 5 speed only. Is this true because I read in some of the posts that someone actually had driven a 6 speeder for the test drive.

3) When I test- drive the automatic transmission, i was told that it is a 5-speeder transmission. Is it correct?

4) Has anyone have a better SE recommendation cos mine is just simply bulls**t.

thank you

Yeap. Your SE is bull. I remember there is a manual for the Accent, and its a 6-speed. Because that is one of the main reason why people go for it, manual transmission.

Can ask Ivan_06. He has a 6MT Accent.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yeap. Your SE is bull. I remember there is a manual for the Accent, and its a 6-speed. Because that is one of the main reason why people go for it, manual transmission.

Can ask Ivan_06. He has a 6MT Accent.

Dun get the mt. Difficult to sell later on

Dun get the mt. Difficult to sell later on

If there's a choice, I would. Why, you might ask?

1. Its fun! Provides a more engaging drive.
  2. What better way to deter using your phone while driving.
  3. More control over the car, and power when needed.
  4. Less trouble when the car ages.
  5. More fuel efficient.

But sadly very very little manual cars in Singapore, and I don't think I will be able to afford a new car, so will probably be driving mine to the end.

• Praise 1

I went from manual to auto and back to manual. Reason simple, auto made me damn sleepy liao especially coming home late at night. Of course, if you have knee or leg problem, better stick to auto. I think many are not confident drivers when it comes to driving a stick. ;)

• Praise 1

Hello fellow mates,

i need some advice:

1) I went to the show room on Sat (26/9) and wanted to test drive the manual version but was told by an old SE that there wasn't one at all, is this true because I read in some of the posts that someone actually had driven one for the test drive.

2) I was told that manual transmission is only a 5-speeder not a 6. I was shocked and said to that old man SE that then why in your website, it stated 6-speeded. He replied varies according to country but in SG, it is 5 speed only. Is this true because I read in some of the posts that someone actually had driven a 6 speeder for the test drive.

3) When I test- drive the automatic transmission, i was told that it is a 5-speeder transmission. Is it correct?

thank you

SGcarmart recent review have lah. Better show that SE this article. Shoot him gao gao!!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=918&PN=1

918_14_l.jpg

Hello fellow mates,

i need some advice:

thank you

Hi Jayy25 if you don't mind PM me the old SE name, I will avoid him big time!!

Turbocharged

Cerato and Avante in MT are moving fast in the 2nd hand market.

What's the reason? Going cheap? Because yesterday I saw someone in a Cerato doing a 3-point look as if never drive it before, stall three times while gonstan. [smash]

Speaking of 6-MT nowadays, I been reading in user manuals etc. that you must "pull up the collar" when engaging reverse gear. Can someone elaborate on this? The gear knob need to be pull upwards when reversing?

Edited by 7hm

Speaking of 6-MT nowadays, I been reading in user manuals etc. that you must "pull up the collar" when engaging reverse gear. Can someone elaborate on this? The gear knob need to be pull upwards when reversing?

yes, u need to pull the gear knob up before can shift into reverse gear.

I went from manual to auto and back to manual. Reason simple, auto made me damn sleepy liao especially coming home late at night. Of course, if you have knee or leg problem, better stick to auto. I think many are not confident drivers when it comes to driving a stick. ;)

Manual car is nice to drive if the gear stick is easy to engage.

• Praise 1

Interested in getting the hatchback MT, anyone here bought that? And how are you finding it so far? Any problems with stock from Komoco for this version?

Komoco specs state that the Accent comes with a "1.4L Kappa MPI" engine, but I cant seem to find info related to this engine on the net. The only 1.4L info that I could find was the older 1.4L Gamma engine

What's the reason? Going cheap? Because yesterday I saw someone in a Cerato doing a 3-point look as if never drive it before, stall three times while gonstan. [smash]

One thing is cheap. Second is probably cause less problem in a long run. Imagine a second-hand car, first-hand driver never take proper care of the transmission (AT needs more regular services and oil change), then second-hand driver sure jialat.

Is either he not used to MT, new driver (orange triangle?), or the new car clutch too heavy. Haha but sure damn paiseh for him.

Yes, thats correct. If you see the image posted above for the shifter in the new Accent. Can you spot the slight sliver lining below the shift knob? Thats a "button" you engage in-order to shift into reverse, which in the new Accent is away and up.

I think the best manual tranny is one with short but notchy shifts, paired with a lighter clutch for our start-stop traffic.

best manual stick is lorry.

high torque in low rev makes it idiot proof to stall it. :XD:

haha, can move off in 2nd gear

↡ Advertisement