Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Thanks bro for the info. How much is your mileage per tank. Mine was pretty Low, not sure if it's cause I'm a heavy footer. And anyway does your boot opens all the way up? Haha

550-590km till before the low fuel tank lights up. Thereafter, can pump in around 38 liters of petrol.

For you, it's still running in and still on mineral oil. How much are u getting a tank? Our fuel tank is only 43 litres maximum.

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement

550-590km till before the low fuel tank lights up. Thereafter, can pump in around 38 liters of petrol.

For you, it's still running in and still on mineral oil. How much are u getting a tank? Our fuel tank is only 43 litres maximum.

Wow bro how did you do that?! My highest was 420km. Mine was a manual but damn that's a 100 difference. I went for my 1000km servicing alrdy and just hit 2000 today.

Wow bro how did you do that?! My highest was 420km. Mine was a manual but damn that's a 100 difference. I went for my 1000km servicing alrdy and just hit 2000 today.

Did you drive till low fuel tank lights up? Thereafter when pumping petrol, how much petrol did you manage to pump in?

For me, I used my own engine oil pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. I forgo their lousy shell engine oil which is 5w40. I also turned off the eco mode as I found that it eats up fuel faster and engine response becomes retarded. Haha. Also on manual transmission

Edited by Ivan_06

Guys guys... keep on track... the original question was whether the Elantra GLS was a good buy when compared to the Accent since the price difference is only about $3000. The equipment levels are comparable for both cars. And so you're just paying the difference for a better engine and much bigger car. In my opinion, it's worthwhile to get the Elantra if $85K is all that you want to pay, rather than the Accent. I think the equipment levels for the Forte EX should be similar to the Elantra GLS. If better, the Forte EX should cost more than the Elantra GLS.

Did you drive till low fuel tank lights up? Thereafter when pumping petrol, how much petrol did you manage to pump in?

For me, I used my own engine oil pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. I forgo their lousy shell engine oil which is 5w40. I also turned off the eco mode as I found that it eats up fuel faster and engine response becomes retarded. Haha. Also on manual transmission

You're using a lighter oil... is it within specs based on your manual...

Guys guys... keep on track... the original question was whether the Elantra GLS was a good buy when compared to the Accent since the price difference is only about $3000. The equipment levels are comparable for both cars. And so you're just paying the difference for a better engine and much bigger car. In my opinion, it's worthwhile to get the Elantra if $85K is all that you want to pay, rather than the Accent. I think the equipment levels for the Forte EX should be similar to the Elantra GLS. If better, the Forte EX should cost more than the Elantra GLS.

You're using a lighter oil... is it within specs based on your manual...

For accent can use as low as 0w20. It's recommended in the manual. In fact Mazda uses 0w20 for its new skyactiv engine but I feel it's really very thin hor? Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

For accent can use as low as 0w20. It's recommended in the manual. In fact Mazda uses 0w20 for its new skyactiv engine but I feel it's really very thin hor?

Wah... so thin...

Wah... so thin...

Best to use the oil from komoco. Dun be fanciful and use other oils. Komoco will not use oils that destroy their cars.however there many smart alecks who think otherwise
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

Pennzoil fanciful? You've got to be kidding... it's one of those branded oils. Very good reputation. Anyway, the oil weight is the most important. As long as within specs as specified in the manual, it would be fine. Doesn't matter what brand. I use the cheapest Carlube brand. Good enough.

• Praise 1

Pennzoil fanciful? You've got to be kidding... it's one of those branded oils. Very good reputation. Anyway, the oil weight is the most important. As long as within specs as specified in the manual, it would be fine. Doesn't matter what brand. I use the cheapest Carlube brand. Good enough.

There are indeed many branded oils.but are they better than shell helix?

Shell Helix got many different product lines for engine oils now. So it really depends on which product Komoco uses. I would hardly think they'll use the top of the line Shell Helix Ultra. Often we can get better oils outside than what they offer.

Shell Helix got many different product lines for engine oils now. So it really depends on which product Komoco uses. I would hardly think they'll use the top of the line Shell Helix Ultra. Often we can get better oils outside than what they offer.

http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550040865-6PK-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic/dp/B00JMCCGDQ

This oil is really good, using natural gas as the main product.

PurePlus Technology is a patented, revolutionary process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality, full synthetic base oil used in the Pennzoil Platinum line of motor oils

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

They are using the helix ultra 5w40. Cycle carriage is using that too.one of the best oils using pure plus technology in the world

Accent is pretty stubborn I Guess you have to floor it to feel the smoothness in driving. But that's a really nice fuel consumption by you. Yeah I always pump when the fuel light lights up. Maybe cause my job requires me to drive around more that's that fuel consumption higher. Gotta slowly test it.
  • Praise 1

So far pumped four times, data for my last three pumps are:

Distance (km) Amount (litre)

454                  37.213

472                  36.725

461                  36.444

Haven't made any functional changes to the car yet, except installing an audible car alarm that integrates with the original remote, and installing a OBD2 HUD speedometer which didn't work with my old Lancer GLX (old Lancer was using JOBD, not compatible).

Comparing it with my old Lancer, I'm very happy with this car. Surpassed my expectations so far. The only thing I don't like is the body roll when cornering.

• Praise 1

Accent is pretty stubborn I Guess you have to floor it to feel the smoothness in driving. But that's a really nice fuel consumption by you. Yeah I always pump when the fuel light lights up. Maybe cause my job requires me to drive around more that's that fuel consumption higher. Gotta slowly test it.

Turn off the economy mode. I find that I retards the acceleration where I had to depress it even more to get to my liking, in the process increasing FC.

Hope it helps.

So far pumped four times, data for my last three pumps are:

Distance (km) Amount (litre)

454 37.213

472 36.725

461 36.444

Haven't made any functional changes to the car yet, except installing an audible car alarm that integrates with the original remote, and installing a OBD2 HUD speedometer which didn't work with my old Lancer GLX (old Lancer was using JOBD, not compatible).

Comparing it with my old Lancer, I'm very happy with this car. Surpassed my expectations so far. The only thing I don't like is the body roll when cornering.

It will improve after your synthetic engine oil change. Dun use the crop shell helix ultra 5w40, that one is really cheap and lousy engine oil where you can buy at $38 per 5l bottle in giant during sales times.

The reason why ADs are using as it gives them huge profit margin. U can get it during sales for less than $40 but they are charging some $100+.

Amsoil, pennzoil ultra platinum, motul, redline are way better. Overseas, car enthusiasts even send in their oil sample to determine the engine wear and break down of the oil after certain mileage..

Edited by Ivan_06

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 is also using PurePlus natural gas basestocks.

In fact, Shell owns Pennzoil.

https://www.pennzoil.com/contact-us-pennzoil/

General Information
1-800-BEST-OIL
1-800-237-8645
Email: [email protected]

Rebate Status
Please call 1-866-707-6737 or visitwww.shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil

Technical Questions
1-800-661-1771, Option 3.
Available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm CST
[email protected]

Pennzoil Professional Customers
1-800-332-6457 (Transport & Industries Customers)
1-877-536-6324 (Retail Customers)
[email protected] (Orders)
[email protected] (Inquiries)

MSDS/TDS:
www.epc.shell.com

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 is also using PurePlus natural gas basestocks.

In fact, Shell owns Pennzoil.

https://www.pennzoil.com/contact-us-pennzoil/

General Information

1-800-BEST-OIL

1-800-237-8645

Email: [email protected]

Rebate Status

Please call 1-866-707-6737 or visitwww.shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil

Technical Questions

1-800-661-1771, Option 3.

Available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm CST

[email protected]

Pennzoil Professional Customers

1-800-332-6457 (Transport & Industries Customers)

1-877-536-6324 (Retail Customers)

[email protected] (Orders)

[email protected] (Inquiries)

MSDS/TDS:

www.epc.shell.com

Whatever it is , just use oil from komoco