Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Whats your mileage for one tank. Till around the low fuel light lights up.

I never keep track but average daily travel around 78 Km and pump SPC 95 once a week.

↡ Advertisement

Mind sharing your driving habits and pattern? How many percent city and highway.

At your gear shift at which speed fo

1st to 2nd

2nd to 3rd

3rd to 4th

4th to 5th

5th to 6th.

I thought my FC was good but yours is even tok kong. Heehee.

For one tank till low fuel indicator lights up, what's your mileage.. And how much can you pump. Thank you.

I believe it's just the kind of road that I travelled perhaps.

I try to shift above 2000 rpm, below 25000 rpm for every gear.

Manual got better control... I find it difficult to control when I change gears on an auto gearbox... maybe it's been only three weeks with the auto gearbox. Been driving manual all my life... first car with auto gearbox.

Servicing at Komoco took a horrendous 3 hour of waiting and what the hell are these people doing after all these years ?

It's been 7 - 8 years since I had my last service ( which was actually my 1st service on my new Avante that time ) and I can recall it was a long wait.

But somehow these facts didn't took a serious note on the Komoco service department.

First let me reason it out.

I called to booked a time slot for 9 am.

I arrived at 9 am.

I was attended to by the crew.

At about 10 - 15 minutes later I hand the car to them after much paper work as I'm on the 1st service and there's some signature to be done.

Went to have my breakfast for almost an hour.

Return to read newspaper and magazines.

12 O Clock and I received my car, after having to knocking on the staff's desk twice asking why isn't the car ready yet.

WHY is it that when I already had made a booking at 9 AM, it took 3 hours to complete the service ?

If I did it at outside work shop, it actually took me 30 minutes.

For a comparison, 30 minutes and 3 hours.. what really went wrong  inside the workshop ? 

Toilet breaks ? Smoking breaks ? Idling ? Chit Chatting ?

I can't accept that the day I went for service, there are many cars in the queue waiting to be serviced.

This is BULL SHIT.. because if there is already a long queue, during my call to book the time, the staff would had advise the customer that there is a high chance of waiting due to many cars booked for service during the 9 to 12 pm slot.

I would had avoided the 9 am. to 12 noon period.

Similarly, if outside workshop, they would usually tell me " dont' come. Busy. Many cars waiting etc ": or request me to go on following day instead.

So, WTF is really wrong ?

I am going to NOT take the 2nd free servicing. Yes I willing to void the warranty.

(edited)

Servicing at Komoco took a horrendous 3 hour of waiting and what the hell are these people doing after all these years ?

It's been 7 - 8 years since I had my last service ( which was actually my 1st service on my new Avante that time ) and I can recall it was a long wait.

But somehow these facts didn't took a serious note on the Komoco service department.

I arrived at 9 am.

At about 10 - 15 minutes later I hand the car to them after much paper work as I'm on the 1st service and there's some signature to be done.

12 O Clock and I received my car, after having to knocking on the staff's desk twice asking why isn't the car ready yet.

WHY is it that when I already had made a booking at 9 AM, it took 3 hours to complete the service ?

For a comparison, 30 minutes and 3 hours.. what really went wrong inside the workshop ?

I can't accept that the day I went for service, there are many cars in the queue waiting to be serviced.

This is BULL SHIT.. because if there is already a long queue, during my call to book the time, the staff would had advise the customer that there is a high chance of waiting due to many cars booked for service during the 9 to 12 pm slot.

Similarly, if outside workshop, they would usually tell me " dont' come. Busy. Many cars waiting etc ": or request me to go on following day instead.

I am going to NOT take the 2nd free servicing. Yes I willing to void the warranty.

You can try eurokars, my BIL sent in his Mazda 3 at 9 plus. Only managed to get back his car at 2pm.

There is no ADs where you can get your car back in 30 mins.

Having said that, my minor servicing with Komoco takes around 1.5-2 hours to complete.. They do in batches. I was nice to the reception person who served me. Just be nice to others, they will be nice to you in return. For me I told them specifically I would be waiting to get the car back and put it across nicely.

Have to be fair to them lah.. Last time I sent my ride in to BM, also around 2 hours.

I find its okay. You go and see Volkswagen and Mazda servicing turn around time before complaining.

For paid servicing of 20km and above, you can opt for express service where servicing can be done in under one hour.

For komoco, they allow cars to be sent in for as early as 8am on weekdays.

Edited by Ivan_06

(edited)

I think you need to know that the techs don't just service your car... they will gather all the cars for 1st servicing and do all together. It is more efficient for them as manpower is very scarce now... also they are working on the new cars that come in so that the new owners can get their cars asap... my first servicing at Komoco for my Sonata also took 4 hours... quite standard lar...

I'm going to send me car in tomorrow to deal with some matters... need to call tomorrow to talk to the tech directly... I expect a long wait for my car also... no choice... I also expect that I need to demo the fault to the tech as well... otherwise it will be looking for a needle in a haystack... if you put in effort and work with the techs, they will oblige you also...

Edited by teomingern

I think you need to know that the techs don't just service your car... they will gather all the cars for 1st servicing and do all together. It is more efficient for them as manpower is very scarce now... also they are working on the new cars that come in so that the new owners can get their cars asap... my first servicing at Komoco for my Sonata also took 4 hours... quite standard lar...

I'm going to send me car in tomorrow to deal with some matters... need to call tomorrow to talk to the tech directly... I expect a long wait for my car also... no choice... I also expect that I need to demo the fault to the tech as well... otherwise it will be looking for a needle in a haystack... if you put in effort and work with the techs, they will oblige you also...

Depend on luck also. Some techs not on the ball m heck care. As with any organisation, there are always incompetent staff doing your car

I arrived at 9 am.

For a comparison, 30 minutes and 3 hours.. what really went wrong inside the workshop ?

Is it a wise decision to void warranty?

Does anyone know where I can get cheap window visors for Accent? Saw it at $85 per set but felt it was too expensive.

Twincharged

I arrived at 9 am.

For a comparison, 30 minutes and 3 hours.. what really went wrong  inside the workshop ? 

3hrs sounds average la. I never went any AD that can do servicing under 1-2hrs.

3hrs sounds average la. I never went any AD that can do servicing under 1-2hrs.

Maybe most of them are short on manpower. Nowadays hard to hire China n Filipinos due to quota restrictions. That's why it takes so long. One danger of servicing with AD is that we cannot see what they doing.

Does anyone know where I can get cheap window visors for Accent? Saw it at $85 per set but felt it was too expensive.

Eh... $85 not bad already... too cheap then the plastic is not good quality, it will easily crack under the heat... you're paying for the quality.

Is it wise to void warranty and go to own workshop rather than to wait 3 hours at AD ?

Yes, it is not wise by many !

But I weigh the possibilities with a new car and the time + money you are going to spend at AD.

New cars generally have no problem.

If there is, then it would surface pretty soon during your first month or two.

If you drove Alfa Romeo you definitely want to have warranty. In fact, you want it to be 10 years flat , haha !

Ok, we're not talking about unreliable Alfa here anyway. But rather a robustly constructed, albeit simplistic design of the car, components, electronics, of Hyundai.

No electric seats, no power mirrors, no day driving lights, no auto head lights, no stop / start function, no 6 air bags, no hydraulic steering pumps, no auto rain sensor wipers, no LED headlights ( and no LED ballast / drivers ), no auto leveling suspension, so cruise control, no touch screen, no climate control A/C, no auto tint rear window, no auto door lock ( when speed exceed 20 km/h ), no timing belts ( uses reliable timing chain ), no ATF ( is a manual ), no turbo ( and all the pipes and intercooler tubing),.. ..

Basically it's a traditonal engine with nothing.

I would say, yes, go for void warranty and save all the trouble and money in the long run if you think this way.

It's a risk, but I can imagine myself spending only $26+$6+labour ( $20 to $30 depending on workshop ) for each simple oil change within 30 to 45 minutes ( with prior booking ).

That's only about $60 for a quick oil change.

Is it wise to void warranty and go to own workshop rather than to wait 3 hours at AD ?

Yes, it is not wise by many !

But I weigh the possibilities with a new car and the time + money you are going to spend at AD.

New cars generally have no problem.

If there is, then it would surface pretty soon during your first month or two.

If you drove Alfa Romeo you definitely want to have warranty. In fact, you want it to be 10 years flat , haha !

Ok, we're not talking about unreliable Alfa here anyway. But rather a robustly constructed, albeit simplistic design of the car, components, electronics, of Hyundai.

No electric seats, no power mirrors, no day driving lights, no auto head lights, no stop / start function, no 6 air bags, no hydraulic steering pumps, no auto rain sensor wipers, no LED headlights ( and no LED ballast / drivers ), no auto leveling suspension, so cruise control, no touch screen, no climate control A/C, no auto tint rear window, no auto door lock ( when speed exceed 20 km/h ), no timing belts ( uses reliable timing chain ), no ATF ( is a manual ), no turbo ( and all the pipes and intercooler tubing),.. ..

Basically it's a traditonal engine with nothing.

I would say, yes, go for void warranty and save all the trouble and money in the long run if you think this way.

It's a risk, but I can imagine myself spending only $26+$6+labour ( $20 to $30 depending on workshop ) for each simple oil change within 30 to 45 minutes ( with prior booking ).

That's only about $60 for a quick oil change.

Good.one Less car in the queue

Maybe most of them are short on manpower. Nowadays hard to hire China n Filipinos due to quota restrictions. That's why it takes so long. One danger of servicing with AD is that we cannot see what they doing.

Agree.

Without personally looking at what and who and how a mechanic touch or screw ( puns intended ) your car, it's not going to be a happy owner.

Well, for me at least.

Those who are not technically inclined, I agree, even when given the chance to see what the mechanics is doing, he also blur like frucks .. but for me, I definitely understand what a mechanics is doing.

If he looks blur to me , he definitely is blur. simply said.

One previous incident happens at one specific workshop in Lavender road years back, I was being targeted as a carrot.

They thought I was just a normal car owner.

Came the several multitude of "problems" after an oil change and a simple change of a bulb.

They claim and suggested that I :

1. use iridium spark plugs, which i rejected.

2. replace the head gasket because there was oil stain, which I refuse to replace.

3. pay for the broken bulb housing that his Jiu Hoo Kia Mechanics broke, which I refuse, because I saw him breaking it.

This is the problem you get when you don't see what your mechanic is doing.

↡ Advertisement