Any one bought a French baguette (Citreon DS5 Diesel)?

Meanmachine

I was contemplating a switch over to diesel engine car + aesthetic/ handsome look of DS5, heard engine clatter while on start, goes off when running gear, anyone care to share more on likes/ dislikes, performance and bad vibes.

Understand the french are good in fashion designs and culinary delights, but comes to car technology, it's a different piece of cake altogether, not particularly in favour of Peugeot or Renault, however have seen Peugeot 5008, priced $132K. Thank U

↡ Advertisement

Had a Citroën Picasso running a turbo 1.6 petrol. Was perfectly fine for 2 years and 60,000km. Then had engine fault twice within a month. Turbo will be deactivated. They have lots of electronics and sensors so kinda sensitive.....

Loved the interior of the Ds5 but didnt really fancy the driving experience of it.

On a side note, Peugeot and Citroën shares the same engine, but in most cases different gearboxes.

I may still switch back to a Citroën.... Mainly for its plush ride and usually quirky, interesting designs

Edited by Bravooc10

Had a Citroën Picasso running a turbo 1.6 petrol. Was perfectly fine for 2 years and 60,000km. Then had engine fault twice within a month. Turbo will be deactivated. They have lots of electronics and sensors so kinda sensitive.....

Loved the interior of the Ds5 but didnt really fancy the driving experience of it.

On a side note, Peugeot and Citroën shares the same engine, but in most cases different gearboxes.

I may still switch back to a Citroën.... Mainly for its plush ride and usually quirky, interesting designs

You can't put the entire blame on Citroen. It's a JV engine.

I was contemplating a switch over to diesel engine car + aesthetic/ handsome look of DS5, heard engine clatter while on start, goes off when running gear, anyone care to share more on likes/ dislikes, performance and bad vibes.

Understand the french are good in fashion designs and culinary delights, but comes to car technology, it's a different piece of cake altogether, not particularly in favour of Peugeot or Renault, however have seen Peugeot 5008, priced $132K. Thank U

Citroen doesn't manufacture all the components.

eg: The 6Sp AT is from Aisin.

Lots of controller are from Valeo

Displays are probably from VDO.

The AL4 gearbox is by them, but we have solenoids from Borgwarner.

Citroen did put in lots of efforts on the Ds range.

We have endless firmware updates for Smartphones, Computer OS...So Cars with certain level of intelligence are not spared.

Citroen has a Asia Technical dept in KL, so most faults that cannot be solved by local agent will be referred to them. Ofcoz the response is subject to the critical level.

Hi. Nope not " blaming" Citroën for its engine. They dun make engines really... Pretty much the mini, Peugeot etc gets pretty muc the same prob. ;) but wheb it comes to details in design, no one comes close.

Much has been said abt the new C, it's nice no doubt but the Ds5 is a notch above in design and materials used. BTW engine clatter in diesel engines is pretty much prevalent in most " low" capacity diesels

Yes, I heard a new owner has actuator issue during CNY period,has to wait 2-3 mth for a replacement, how can Citreon Sp has no spare part for an actuator .

Driving experience was wonderful and I know french are not good in electronics, only beginning to channel more efforts to compete against the German tanks

You can't put the entire blame on Citroen. It's a JV engine.

I am aware Peugeot 5008 shared the same platform with DS5, price difference was $14k, same engine capacity and overall looks a killer except aesthetics was excellent, looks more a hatchback, 5008 more like Mini MPV to me, my buddy driving up Penang mid November/14 and back Sp. will gather more information/ details when he returns . . .

Hi. Nope not " blaming" Citroën for its engine. They dun make engines really... Pretty much the mini, Peugeot etc gets pretty muc the same prob. ;) but wheb it comes to details in design, no one comes close.

Much has been said abt the new C, it's nice no doubt but the Ds5 is a notch above in design and materials used. BTW engine clatter in diesel engines is pretty much prevalent in most " low" capacity diesels

Another of my fern owned a Diesel Jaguar, it was evident than a trip to Pulau Tekong bumboat la, engine clattered all the way, how sad ! and she stay in Sentosa, wad a journey [lipsrsealed]

Citroen less reliable car

In wad sense, do share , Thx

I am aware Peugeot 5008 shared the same platform with DS5, price difference was $14k, same engine capacity and overall looks a killer except aesthetics was excellent, looks more a hatchback, 5008 more like Mini MPV to me, my buddy driving up Penang mid November/14 and back Sp. will gather more information/ details when he returns . . .

Another of my fern owned a Diesel Jaguar, it was evident than a trip to Pulau Tekong bumboat la, engine clattered all the way, how sad ! and she stay in Sentosa, wad a journey [lipsrsealed]

In wad sense, do share , Thx

Too many electronics and one of the worst in driver satisfaction survey

Citroen less reliable car

Agreed. My friend bought another model and was regretted. His car was unable to start and normal workshop cannot do and end up have to tow to Citron workshop. This happened twice. It has something to do with the car's electronic if i am not wrong.

So many years of car ownership I have not dared to get French! Only for the brave and adventurous!

In summary:

HEAVEN is where:

The police are British

The chefs French

The mechanics are German

The lovers are Italian

and it's all organised by the Swiss

HELL is where:

The police are German

The chefs are British

The mechanics are French

The lovers are Swiss

and it's all organised by the Italians!!

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

Agreed. My friend bought another model and was regretted. His car was unable to start and normal workshop cannot do and end up have to tow to Citron workshop. This happened twice. It has something to do with the car's electronic if i am not wrong.

Actually i do like citroen design and features however as u can see in the new C4 grand picasso through have many features but all these features are electronic based.

For eg turning on aircon through lcd screen, what happen if screen spoilt? They also have electronic handbrake. If they are japanese car then they will be more durable and reliable.

• Praise 1

I took a look / sit, in the showroom car. The interior is nice though not love-at-first-sight type. Not sure about French reliability.

Actually i do like citroen design and features however as u can see in the new C4 grand picasso through have many features but all these features are electronic based.

For eg turning on aircon through lcd screen, what happen if screen spoilt? They also have electronic handbrake. If they are japanese car then they will be more durable and reliable.

Oh you have nothing to worry. The aircon will kaput first before the screen does. LoL...

Dun worry lah. Hopefully they give you a Toyota as a courtesy car while your car gets repaired in the workshop. Have faith.

Well, having heard some of your admirations and critics, I must reiterate that German Shepherd do have high electronics stuff as well, and GPS in most of the high-end Beemers 7s and Merc 7G tronic, the Swedes are not far behind so in a way, it contradict some of your comments, I 'd take it in good faith for your sharing, anyway, I bet the french do go far and beyond boundaries in search of technologies by leveraging . . . isn't it ironic to see French Supersonic planes was bankrupted after few decades, an extraordinary display of size and display.

Back to DS5, it may be slow and tedious for Singaporean to rush down upon seeing one, how i wish to hear positive response . . . in term of Diesel Fc, euro 5, and diesel tax plus any comments encounter by Citreon Owners.

I went to Italy, and guess wad i see, most are Alfa , Ferarris, Lambo and Fiats & Vespa scooters

France usually support their own built ( Peugeot, Renault and Citreon ) , so do the Sweds on Volvo and Saab

And the Brits are on MiniCooper, Range Rover, Jaguar, Bentley & Rolls.

So many years of car ownership I have not dared to get French! Only for the brave and adventurous!

In summary:

HEAVEN is where:

The police are British

The chefs French

The mechanics are German

The lovers are Italian

and it's all organised by the Swiss

HELL is where:

The police are German

The chefs are British

The mechanics are French

The lovers are Swiss

and it's all organised by the Italians!!

Oh you have nothing to worry. The aircon will kaput first before the screen does. LoL...

Dun worry lah. Hopefully they give you a Toyota as a courtesy car while your car gets repaired in the workshop. Have faith.

You Damn Bad .... 😂😂😂

your friend probably got a jaguar knock off. Maybe it's a puma! Jag has very good insulation, you can hardly hear the engine while you drive. I own a jag diesel and I know it.

↡ Advertisement