Mercedes C Class or Jaguar XF

Kalmath

Which car would you choose considering both are priced approximately the same, although the XF is a class bigger than C Class.

The XF OMV is ~50k, while C Class is ~33k, but XF is 6 years old model, C Class (W205) is new

C Class is a good car, however, the high profit margin imposed by the dealer makes it a less attractive option.

Anyone can provide opinion on Jaguar vs Mercedes reliability and maintenance cost?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Which car would you choose considering both are priced approximately the same, although the XF is a class bigger than C Class.

The XF OMV is ~50k, while C Class is ~33k, but XF is 6 years old model, C Class (W205) is new

C Class is a good car, however, the high profit margin imposed by the dealer makes it a less attractive option.

Anyone can provide opinion on Jaguar vs Mercedes reliability and maintenance cost?

For desirability, go for the Jag.

For reliability and cost, just go with Japanese.

• Praise 5

Jag XF.

Granted it is a 6yr old model but both the exterior and interior don't look dated at all. At the current price which the AD is selling at which is even cheaper than the C200 but with a significantly higher OMV, what can you ask for? I will consider the C class only when the model is out for a longer time when the AD slashes its margins. Right now, at a margin of over 50k, I will not. That's just me, perhaps is also because I do not have the moolah but I just do not see why I would fork out such obscene premiums at the moment for a C200.

Reliability wise, can go check with the fellows at jagsg club. From the recent rankings, they are not the most reliable but also not the most unreliable.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The Jag.

C Class, whilst nice, profit margin is simply too much at this time. Once the novelty wears off, or newer competitors enter the market, AD would reduce their margins.

Having said that, if one really liked a particualr car, just go for it (regardless of margins/resale value etc....) else, if settle for another car, would always have a nagging doubt at the back of the head..... : "what if/if only at that time I opt for "XXXXX" instead"

• Praise 6

in terms of value, think the XF is more value for $$$ given the high OMV

but both very different class leh, 3L vs 1.8L

Merc spare parts many stockists have and not that expensive

Jag...... no idea, if not easy to find then go back AD, sure expensive

but for me, Jag, the more I see it the more I like it, got a class of it own

• Praise 1

in terms of value, think the XF is more value for $$$ given the high OMV

but both very different class leh, 3L vs 1.8L

Merc spare parts many stockists have and not that expensive

Jag...... no idea, if not easy to find then go back AD, sure expensive

but for me, Jag, the more I see it the more I like it, got a class of it own

Jaguar XF has 2.0L (petrol), 2.2L (diesel) variants as well. :D

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

The Jag is a total different class, british made and comfort level is excellent, drivability is top-notch as compared to C, better to use S class Merc as comparison best.

Merc parts can be found in any stockists here and it s really available and any ah being to ah kew can service a merc, I would say affordable & light in the pocket. Well, The Jag will be on a high mode if under repairs, Wearnes is never cheap, once go in servicing alone can cost an arm, later stage a leg too.

dun get me wrong, I have driven a jaguar and the sad part was the body was heavy, fc was around 7-8L/Km acceptable however it does not bode well older version as it tends to have nitty gritty wear and tear often.

• Praise 1

no doubt C-class,

if everything is approximately the same, choose the popular model,

bcos Singapore car workshops mostly are black shop, cannot imagine how high profit margin they are,

if a unpopular car like Jaguar got problem, you only can do is [knife]

i drive a C200 W205, just collected the car about 1 month ago

previously driving a Toyota Camry for 7 year plus

I would say the new C class is very nice, alot of new technology and gadgets

FC is on average 8.5L/100Km so far (12km/lit)

184hP, very good, i hardly use the sports mode, just comfort mode under Agility Control and already its very powerful

However, having driven a Camry for many years, i have to admit size wise, C class is really much smaller especially for the rear passengers

It is afterall a compact luxury saloon, and being RWD, there is this ugly hump near the rear seat floor

i would say behind cannot seat more than 2 adults for comfort

I have friends owing Jaguar XF, XJ, its nice, but i heard FC is bad and cost of repair..hmmm.....damn ex

I wont recommend the Merc E Class although its undergone a new Face Lift, but a brand new Model will be launch probably end of next year or 2016

In comparison, my business partner just bought a BMW 520I (F10)

i would say thats a much better car than the E Class of XF

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3