General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

Yep, its no joke, if it really means that not having the needful, results in the garbage stacking 3 storeys high.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

my wife ask her grandmother a question some time ago..

on sg50..

"if you could have a choice, which country will you want to stay/ live in? anywhere? "

Her answer is still in singapore .. she's in her 70s so lived through the ww2.. all the hard life like many of our parents and grandparents. Also they saw the improvement and experienced now the psoperity of the nation.

It is definitely a very proud moment for us to reach this level today.

Whereas more of the young generation think of immigration to other 'greener' pastures but im pretty sure none will be the same as in singapore.

Im going to listen to WP rally this time around with some friends even though my area is not contested by them. But im willing to hear what they want to say and chance.

"Let them fight..!!" [laugh]

• Praise 3

I rather have friends then tell my friends to follow my thinking

Else they also land up in Woodbridge [grin]

Yesterday I receive a call from a friend and he simply says:

Remember to wear white and vote white.

I'd rather have friends and keep quiet else i land up in wood bridge.

• Praise 2

i disagree with their stance on that one too.

I really 火滚 when I heard their target is 40% of each cohort to be degree holders. I interact with a lot of engineering people in my line of work. And I think I respect and value their diploma much more than their degree which many of the university 听都没听过。

And the worse thing is they think they are degree holders, hence, a lot of hands and legs work they just want to use eye power. Not that I mind. I am a contractor so the more I hands on, the more I charged them. So is ok for me. However, I am already nearing 45 and hope to slow down in 10 years time. Who is going to take over to keep the country humming?

• Praise 2

There are some 1st class candidates. The people should support them if they are in their ward.

Prof Tambyah is definitely worth any Singaporean's vote. [thumbsup]

But there are still many 2nd class candidates and parties.

Beside Tianmo..................I think you are the other one .................that speaks the truth.............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

hope we can have a more mature debate without the name calling.... something which I never could understand..... why the need to name call

thot they say Son of Punggol also got good approval ratings last time?

dr-koh-waving-at-trees.gifkoh-poh-koon-03.gif?0abc32

this one funny..... must be laughing at himself.... siao liao what did I get myself into..........

looks like Chelsea BPL trophy parade

• Praise 2

This is clearly Minister material! @turboflat4

Call a spade a spade...he is better than some out there within the ruling party

Am impressed with this chap, sensible, eloquent and touched on the few key topics which we are concerned with

May I ask who is this guy?

Beside Tianmo..................I think you are the other one .................that speaks the truth.............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

my truth is not sessi truth [grin]

Anyway i've no vested interest in this election.

NSP is coming to my constituency [lipsrsealed]<_<

Yes they are the dark horse. We old men might be discouraged by csj past year entices but those younger or first time voter might not be aware. We have to admit beside ltk, csj also a very good speaker able to capture the audience heart.

What I love to see is csj and gang get sent into parliament as ncmp. No power but can still make noise. Force the paopies to try even harder when implmenting policies.

NCMP no powerful leh..................seriously i hope to see him in parliament as.................MP...........and see is there a different before and after elected...........somehow I still feel SDP is a strong party.......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Am impressed with this chap, sensible, eloquent and touched on the few key topics which we are concerned with

May I ask who is this guy?

Prof Paul Tambyah.

While i think the holland-bt timah GRC MPs are generally ok (bar vivian with his occasional gaffes), can definitely consider giving prof your vote.

• Praise 1

Someone well into Taoist ever told me the gate close at evening time 5pm plus local time. Not twelve midnite. Maybe coffin men can verify. Anyway if on 12/9 by the time vote count end old men would have miss the gate.

last day a lot of people busy burning offerings........ not good to vote that day...... later too rush...

Happened to see CSJ on TV yesterday. He is questioning the timing of this GE. :a-confused:

Wah piang, I thot is already an open secret that the GE is coming and most likely is in Sep. And everybody is already preparing for it before the national day. Why question the PM on this? Can we discuss something with more substance?

• Praise 1

Nsp (except karyn lim kekekeke), rp, ppp can forget about them. This GE they are there to make up the number.

NSP...RP...DPP....SPP....SDA...............I think all can write off liao..............look like so many...............actual is no many........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

I really 火滚 when I heard their target is 40% of each cohort to be degree holders. I interact with a lot of engineering people in my line of work. And I think I respect and value their diploma much more than their degree which many of the university 听都没听过。

And the worse thing is they think they are degree holders, hence, a lot of hands and legs work they just want to use eye power. Not that I mind. I am a contractor so the more I hands on, the more I charged them. So is ok for me. However, I am already nearing 45 and hope to slow down in 10 years time. Who is going to take over to keep the country humming?

While i appreciate hands on work as well.

Now degrees are important in the economy. It's not just a govt thing, the world economy demands as such.

If it's not important, you won't see so many people trudging into SIM at night to do night classes no matter what the govt says. And these people pay good $$ to do so for their own benefit.

While the govt has influence over the economy, definitely there's a global trend towards higher education requirements even among normal jobs.

• Praise 2

ppl must know we are voting for new people of PAP, not the old guards.

we sldnt look back the past, keep harping on the past achievements and not look at the current situation now. the old guards didnt draw exorbitant salary at that time too.

cant imagine if other countries keep voting for the same party based on 100-200yrs of old achievement lol

• Praise 4

WP = Hammer = Hardware. But, not bad lah, they now have Microsort Excel to sort out the acclaimed, alleged acowting "mess". Although not as good as AIMS, hope it "upgrades" over time. :D

you mean AIMS?
If Aim is windowsXp, I use windows 10.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1