General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

Turbocharged

how much lesser ?

I got a standard shield plan with NTUC n d optional rider at that time I enquired is about $2xx but it does not ride off d deductible completely. I can't remember exact amount less but still quite substantial. Only d enhanced shield plan with rider then deductible is ride off completely. My wife got tis enhanced shield plan. In the end, I think pointless to get d rider.

↡ Advertisement

I got a standard shield plan with NTUC n d optional rider at that time I enquired is about $2xx but it does not ride off d deductible completely. I can't remember exact amount less but still quite substantial. Only d enhanced shield plan with rider then deductible is ride off completely. My wife got tis enhanced shield plan. In the end, I think pointless to get d rider.

thanks ... At the end , as we age , our premium will only go higher since the risk is higher.

• Praise 8

Good question which I'm also scratching my head n I don't ever remember PAP fielding a newbie in an SMC before so sounds like political suicide to me. Maybe shld hv put Khaw there to hara kiri😜

Is better to lose a FengShan than to lose East Coast GRC

• Praise 1

lai liao lor....

http://www.straitstimes.com/politics/workers-party-potential-candidate-daniel-goh-denies-allegations-of-extramarital-affair

danielgoh.jpg?itok=SsRpIROR

Workers' Party potential candidate Daniel Goh denies allegations of extra-marital affair

SINGAPORE - Workers' Party (WP) potential candidate, National University of Singapore sociologist Daniel Goh, has denied allegations that he had an extra-marital affair with a former student, in the wake of an e-mail to the press.

Dr Goh issued a denial in a text message to The Straits Times on Thursday night, which was followed by a posting on his Facebook page.

He wrote: "Someone wrote a poison pen letter to WP and to the media to smear me with the allegation that I had an affair with a former student of mine whom I supervised for her thesis.

"And the media is going to run the story online and in print. The timing is sensational. I categorically refute the baseless allegations and I question the timing of the poison pen letter coming immediately after the candidate introduction.

"I have been in the public eye, involved with WP, for over two years, and if the intention is to alert the party to alleged moral failings, it would have been done earlier and directly to the party leaders.

"I have always maintained a professional relationship with my students. This is very hurtful and unfair to my family."

Dr Goh, 42, is married to a full-time time housewife, 39. They have a three-year-old son.

A letter sent by a "Max Chan" to several newsrooms on Thursday night alleged that Dr Goh had an affair in 2008 with a post-graduate student from his department.

The writer questioned Dr Goh's character and morals. He also claimed that the woman's boyfriend, whom he referred to only as J, had found out about the alleged affair through her phone messages.

The e-mail was also sent to the opposition party's secretary-general Low Thia Khiang and chairman Sylvia Lim.

Dr Goh said he was advising the female student in her master's thesis from 2007 to 2009.

After she graduated, the student left Singapore to get a PhD. She had returned to Singapore to be a teaching assistant but was said to have left this post in 2012.

Dr Goh told The Straits Times that they still keep in contact "because she respects me a lot as I advised her on the PhD studies in the US".

When asked if he knows who may have written the letter, he replied: "I have no idea! I don't even know who is Max or J!"

Dr Goh was officially introduced as the WP's potential candidate on Wednesday. He has been spotted walking the ground in East Coast and is expected to be part of the party's team in the group representation constituency.

Edited by AhJason
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

6.9 million is mostly foreigners who are here on work permits, some may become citizens.

Most of them will not retire in Singapore. It will be way too expensive healthcare as they are not citizens. There will be a turnover capped at 6.9 m (hopefully haha).

This is totally in our favor: we extract their economically productive years and leave them to die (richer) in their home country. [:p]

The problem while d figure is slowly approaching 6.9M, many of our PMETs are displaced of jobs. I google n found one of d foreign bank, I was shocked to discover, d whole bunch of local senior staff of a particular dept were laid off while d foreigners were not. d superior of tat dept is a FT. I am many other companies got tis happening. Is tis wat we want to happen to our true blue Sporean?

Daniel Goh 吴佩松

25 mins · Edited ·

Hello everyone, thank you for your amazing support thus far. Thanks for encouraging me to stand strong. Someone wrote a poison pen letter to WP and to the media to smear me with the allegation that I had an affair with a former student of mine whom I supervised for her thesis. And the media is going to run the story online and in print. The timing is sensational.

I categorically refute the baseless allegations and I question the timing of the poison pen letter coming immediately after the candidate introduction. I have been in the public eye, involved with WP, for over two years, and if the intention is to alert the party to alleged moral failings, it would have been done earlier and directly to the party leaders. I have always maintained a professional relationship with my students. This is very hurtful and unfair to my family.

Edited by AhJason

Turbocharged

thanks ... At the end , as we age , our premium will only go higher since the risk is higher.

Definitely, d report mentioned, it can go up to several K when we reach 80+ 90+. For my wife & I, we possibly will migrate to Medishield life when d B1 plan kick in before June 2016. As d saying goes: eat little nvr mind but cannot afford to get sick n hospitalized. There is nothing free in Spore. Haha Edited by keanie

Graduated income criteria?

Full for the lowest 25%, 75% subsidies for household income 25-50 percentile, half for 50 to 75 percentile?

All I want to say, is less subsidies please.

Every time some subsidy come, the base price of the item goes UP.

Since this one car forum, I give car example: You want to buy new car, trade in old car, but old car not enough value to offset the downpayment. Dealer offers "subsidy" in the form of "overtrade". End of the day, the price of the new car goes UP, loan amount goes UP, interest payments go UP, only dealer and banker earn.

Just think of the subsidies we've gotten in the past few years can liao.

I want the base price of the things (we need / buy) to come down, but I understand it is hard to bring them down because of vested interests. So, I'll settle for a stagnation of prices (for a few years, maybe) and a slow inflation afterwards. Of course I have my own interests too (eg: I want a place of my own, with my future wife, etc), but tumbling prices wouldn't help me either, because my parents would have lost a lot of the value of their place.

• Praise 5

Is better to lose a FengShan than to lose East Coast GRC

They put in an A team for east coast grc, i m confident they will retain this grc

Turbocharged

Let me gaze into the crystal ball of our beloved island post September..after PAP's landslide victory...after the strong mandate we have given the MIW....

1. PM announces that because too many Pioneer packages and baby bonus benefits have been given, therefore need to claw back by raising GST to 10%. But knowing his style, he will announce this to be a phased approach. GST will be immediately adjusted to 8.5% and will be fully 10% by 2017. Something lidat lah..

2. PTC will come out and cry father cry mother that transport costs have been rising because of MRT added maintenance etc, so need to have a fare hike of 10cents or more. (Really again? when oil is below USD 40 per barrel?) .. mark my words...

And let us not forget we are staring at a potential global recession maybe next year..these rising costs will be hard to swallow. :brzzzzz:

• Praise 1

All I want to say, is less subsidies please.

Every time some subsidy come, the base price of the item goes UP.

Since this one car forum, I give car example: You want to buy new car, trade in old car, but old car not enough value to offset the downpayment. Dealer offers "subsidy" in the form of "overtrade". End of the day, the price of the new car goes UP, loan amount goes UP, interest payments go UP, only dealer and banker earn.

Just think of the subsidies we've gotten in the past few years can liao.

I want the base price of the things (we need / buy) to come down, but I understand it is hard to bring them down because of vested interests. So, I'll settle for a stagnation of prices (for a few years, maybe) and a slow inflation afterwards. Of course I have my own interests too (eg: I want a place of my own, with my future wife, etc), but tumbling prices wouldn't help me either, because my parents would have lost a lot of the value of their place.

Hello strawberry, think its really difficult to be the g o v t

No subsidies people complain

Too much subsidies, also complain

One thing is for sure, higher income group will always also be the higher tax payers group

Earn more $$$, contribute more $$$

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hello strawberry, think its really difficult to be the g o v t

No subsidies people complain

Too much subsidies, also complain

One thing is for sure, higher income group will always also be the higher tax payers group

Earn more $$$, contribute more $$$

Actually, sometimes retailers merely jack up the price knowing you have subsidies..

better solution may be to tackle the root problem, the actual cost of the item itself..

• Praise 1

but RP took all the rest in leh............only left her out............ [laugh][laugh][laugh]

In the 1st place, RP shouldnt take the rest in too

All the bo liao candidates should be barred from wasting public time

We want good quality candidates, not substandard ones

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

In the 1st place, RP shouldnt take the rest in too

All the bo liao candidates should be barred from wasting public time

We want good quality candidates, not substandard ones

They have to live up to their name.... Rojak Party.....

Actually, sometimes retailers merely jack up the price knowing you have subsidies..

better solution may be to tackle the root problem, the actual cost of the item itself..

Very true, just like car workshop jack up price knowing got insurance covered, but someone is paying for these i.e. Higher premiums next year

Agree with ur point on solving the root cause, but easier said than done, these are tough issues to tackle

They have to live up to their name.... Rojak Party.....

Quite true now

Hee hee, so late still no sleep?

Tiagong lao lang always koon early [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Medical? Pay and pay and still not fully covered! Time to read what Teo Soh Lung got to say about universal healthcare way before medishield life...

------------------------------------------------------

SDP boldly proposed that our defence budget be reduced as health care must take priority. I always have the feeling that our government loves investing in super weapons and gadgets to frighten Singaporeans and our neighbours. Expensive weapons may give our ministers some false sense of security. But we must bear in mind that todays weapons like our mobile devices, get outdated too quickly. And worse, they cost millions. Do we keep spending because we need to feel secure with the latest weapons? I think it is irresponsible to do so. We should give priority to improving lives and not encourage people to live in a seige environment forever.

Eh, no doubt our country is small and an enemy jet can streak across our island in the blink of any eye, I don't think stinging on defence budget is ideal as well...I disagree with tsl in this aspect. The rest of her dissertation is all right

If Fengshan had poor showing last round, why did PAP carve it out and risk a loss this round?

Maybe it's strategy. They rather lose one seat than lose a whole slate in East Coast GRC (which, if you remember, was a very close fight last time round).

↡ Advertisement