General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

.......lol.........sounds like momo got a good strategy in place to attract voters [:p]

Better keep ur momo pants well hor, high risk of losing them....Kekekeeeeee

Of course lah...............because i will only say the correct thing mah..............which voter doesnt like to hear the correct thing..........they will feel is their lose if they dont vote for me...........they will lose sleep and blame themselves if their dont vote for me........ [:p]

Listening to Lim swee say these 2 days..........my momo pants felt a little loose...............so I went to join little just now.............bought a belt and now tie tight tight.............wind blow also wouldnt lose ........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

somehow I feel that Lim swee Say make sense this election.............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

his analogy abit off, catch no ball leh

He added: "As far as we are concerned in East Coast, we believe in not just doing something legal, we believe in doing everything that is right for the residents."

The debate over AHPETC has left the public "quite confused", Mr Lim observed.

He shared an encounter with a resident who had commented that "if (WP) have done something wrong send them to jail, if they have not done something wrong, please stop all this debate and argument".

Mr Lim told reporters he gave this analogy as an explanation to the resident: "As a father, as a head of the household, if we do not take care of our children and our spouse, I said is it wrong?

"He said of course it is wrong. I said if it is wrong but would the head of the household be sentenced to jail? He said of course not.

"Therefore there is a difference between right and wrong versus legal and illegal," said Mr Lim, who would not comment further on the issue.

Mr Lim told reporters he gave this analogy as an explanation to the resident: "As a father, as a head of the household, if we do not take care of our children and our spouse, I said is it wrong?

"He said of course it is wrong. I said if it is wrong but would the head of the household be sentenced to jail? He said of course not.

"Therefore there is a difference between right and wrong versus legal and illegal," said Mr Lim, who would not comment further on the issue.

He is absolutely right! He is not stupid unlike those recommending to learn dialects.

If the PAP govt does not take care of the people, it is not illegal but wrong.

If they recommend and approve high salaries for themselves while steadfastly refuse to ensure the lowest level of workers made a living wage, it is not illegal but is it right?

If they open the doors wide for foreigners, so that more taxes can be collected, but taking away our living space, it is not illegal but is it right?

If they continue to inflate the population, claiming to support the aging group, but in fact it is a big Ponzi scheme kicking the problem down the road until the scheme collapses like a house of card, it is not illegal, but is it Right?

• Praise 4

Agreed, good points there on a leader. it takes more than jus intelligence. Partly why the ministers are placed in different ministries to prove themselves before being emplaced as full ministers.. but this system is not foolproof and we do see some fools placed in wrong places.

What i meant to say is, there must be a certain balance here on how we perceive talents. It would be equally wrong to say that a general is not suited for parliament just because of certain stereotypes we have against the army. This runs against meritocracy?

general can be a gd defence minister, or even home affairs. but when u put an ex general in smrt, they will have the idea of triggerring the armed forces to clear their shit! and they are damn proud of it!

• Praise 3

but it is fixed throughout the loan term....... while bank is usually fixed only a couple of years

You're incorrect. HDB is not a fixed loan but a floating loan.

The floating rate formula is CPF rate + 0.1%.

For commercial banks, DBS has a similar floating rate that they promise will be lower than the CPF rate (but only for 5 years - used to be 8 but they cut it down).

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/loans/home-loans/dbs-hdb-loan

his analogy abit off, catch no ball leh

He added: "As far as we are concerned in East Coast, we believe in not just doing something legal, we believe in doing everything that is right for the residents."

The debate over AHPETC has left the public "quite confused", Mr Lim observed.

He shared an encounter with a resident who had commented that "if (WP) have done something wrong send them to jail, if they have not done something wrong, please stop all this debate and argument".

I can't help but think of AIM-gate with his comments on right and wrong versus legal and illegal. hahaha..... Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

general can be a gd defence minister, or even home affairs. but when u put an ex general in smrt, they will have the idea of triggerring the armed forces to clear their shit! and they are damn proud of it!

our general are all paper generals ... in a real war ... I think ground troops will be half hearted to charge blindly ... at the end, our generals here are all appointed , not by virtual .

• Praise 2

Feel the need to warn fellow drivers:

There are huge posters with a big face strategically placed at driver's eye level to endanger u while driving. More so when the person that the face belongs to isn't running for election in my GRC ( East Coast).

Seriously, it's very distracting; besides keeping a lookout for other cars, motorcyclist, pedestrians/cyclists, now there's an additional hazardous distraction, ........

So, please drive safe everybody !

• Praise 2

Just had to post this, after listening to Sylvia Lim's speech. What arrogance at that time from our PM . Didn't realise he actually said these words: "Buy my own supporters over".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WhJKsYb50

Can't believe, as a pm, can said such words spending his time fixing the Oppo MPs. Why so fearful of Oppo in Parliament. I am sure today Oppo MPs are passionate ppl n ready to serve d country too. If d policy is good, they will support. If no good n they oppose or give their views then can work together to improve it. For d benefit of Spore should capitalize on d talent of d Oppo. An additional eye can see better. Think, Spore is still far away from being democratic leh.

• Praise 1

Feel the need to warn fellow drivers:

There are huge posters with a big face strategically placed at driver's eye level to endanger u while driving. More so when the person that the face belongs to isn't running for election in my GRC ( East Coast).

Seriously, it's very distracting; besides keeping a lookout for other cars, motorcyclist, pedestrians/cyclists, now there's an additional hazardous distraction, ........

So, please drive safe everybody !

I will avoid looking at it, else my face will turn white and pale :D

Well said from CSJ :))

post-34883-0-31833700-1441381632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ktglfc
  • Praise 9

I wanted to reply Invigoratid, but couldn't find his original post.

So if you do not mind I add my opinions.

The issue I have is, we are NOT placing the best person to run GIC or important posts, but using these positions, say CEO of SMRT like some training/test ground, or Tour de Singapore for potenential Minister candidates!

(please note the differences between capable to be in an appointmemt & the best for the appointment)

This isn't just about anti-meritocry, but more importantly, lack of common sense. I work in a big corporation, & it will be madness if someone is appointed into a key position without knowledge of the industry, and job nature. Obviously we don't, just about any private major corporation. The corpoarte world is not a palyground. Its a competitive world, & everyone wanted the best people to run the kex positions.

I know the government can do these as there are no serious risks like in private sections. If SMRT screw up, its not like there is another alternative, and government can always subside if there are in the red.

Does not made it right though.

I am just speaking as someone with basic common sense, & not because I am against government, but the best interested of the oprating body must come first, not finding appointment for military generals or poptiential MPs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3