General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

I​ think partly is because this time round, a lot of cannot make it opposition candidates. Look at Roy Ngerng, look at HHH, look at Ravi and also many unfamiliar opposition suddenly appear when come election. I expected PAP vote count to increase too but did not expect the margin to be that high, and the same time expect WP to maintain more or less the same of +- few % difference. Did not expect WP vote count also dropped a lot too.

I guess many really worry that their TC will lose money..

Ya lo. She say she want to retire so might as well just retire now.

the residents of PP granted her ..................her wish............she sld come back to PP and give a thank you party............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

One question, how can a sample count based on 100 votes has a deviation of +/- 4% from actual result?

I dont think sample count is 100 only lah. Where u see?

I dont t

can you care to comment why the PAPzis improved despite all of the major snafus over the past 5 years? what are the improvements and who worked the ground so hard? maybe my constituency is in Mars , so i dun get to see the things that you did..

No offense here bro, I just dun see them as well as this....

Infastrutres along the canal, lift, car park, etc has been improved or are currently been worked on. I also hear some stall saying nice thing about the current MP (quite different from before GE2011).
  • Praise 1

Something to share:

He is right. A simple sample proportion confidence interval calculation shows that for the range of 30 to 50% (or equivalently, 50 to 70%), the 95% CI for a sample of 100 against an "infinitely large" population (i.e. sufficiently large electorate) is about +/- 9 to 10%.

Here, try for yourself:

https://www.easycalculation.com/statistics/population-confidence-interval.php

Honestly, I don't know what powderful statistics the CNA people (or the Elections Department) are basing their brash estimates on. But something strange happened in the Presidential Election last time - and I posted about it here. In my opinion, the final outcome of that election was extremely unlikely based on earlier sample-based predictions too.

Who the hell knows with these things?

Tonight will be a test of the sample count system.

We will see, when the actual results come in, whether the actual results are within 4% from the sample or not.

All will be known in a few hours.

Why so many Singaporean are so pro 6.9M??? Still not enough of over-crowding meh???!!!

This is the decision of the many

This is the case, then it is so

• Praise 4

Tonight will be a test of the sample count system.

We will see, when the actual results come in, whether the actual results are within 4% from the sample or not.

All will be known in a few hours.

Sample count is not new. Its just the first time they are publicising it.

I also attended WP rally. No WP in my area though. The group of friends I went with all no WP in their area also. Guess there are many like us. Go there kaypoh only.

KNN.............ppl like you lah...............give ppl salah hope............ [:p][laugh][laugh]