Lithium jump starter

Kb27

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

This is the most common assistance for Mini.

I claimed a new battery within 3 years.

My R56 is using AGM. It will not last beyond 3 years.

My previous AGM voltage dropped till 11v.

I just recalled I installed a 3rd party car cam that runs 24/7. So the battery warranty is thus voided. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, badlammy said:

Alamak, I have the same one, never jumped before. Siao liao.

Frankly at the rated 400A, don't think it could start your SS, unless it's the newer Pro version at 800A.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, Hamburger said:

Finally get to use the Anker jump starter that i bought it few years ago. 

The Mini battery went dead after almost 3.5yrs with 24/7 in car camera running and its time for the Anker to shine!!

Except that it failed to work despite being fully charged. Turtle.... 

Still need to pull out the good old jumper cable from my car to get the job done. 

You have been warned. Turtle again. 

I encountered a similar issue and posted my encounter in this forum.  These starter batteries are useless if the battery voltage drops too low or is nearly dead.  The only thing that can start the car up is using another live car.

What I intend to do is to standby a new car battery and a toolbox in my car after the lifespan of my current battery is about 1 year old.  It will only cost $80 but will save a ton of headaches if the battery suddenly died.

20 minutes ago, awhtc said:

I encountered a similar issue and posted my encounter in this forum.  These starter batteries are useless if the battery voltage drops too low or is nearly dead.  The only thing that can start the car up is using another live car.

What I intend to do is to standby a new car battery and a toolbox in my car after the lifespan of my current battery is about 1 year old.  It will only cost $80 but will save a ton of headaches if the battery suddenly died.

Might as well Battery Tester to check health of battery.

Change it before it dies.

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

alot of time its not the power of the jumper pack too low. its the wire too thin if the wire heat up too fast u not going to start

and many time when the breakdown battery is too low voltage. u really need a good connection with the crocodile clip. must shift the position around for max  surface contact . 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Must get those 2000A one. Don't buy those 400, 600A small small one. 

I am also of the opinion that the power bank capacity plays a part. If a 400 A can't do the job, then a 2000 A should suffice. Size matters after all as it's made bigger for that reason. 

On a side note, 

After I jumped started my mini with another car and turned it off after 15 mins, it still cannot ignite on his own. 

This time the 400A did the job and was able to start it. The 15 mins recharge properly added some juice into the CCA. But only once. Turned off the engine and it could not be started anymore. 

The battery is afficially dead with impedenace of more than 10 miliohms and with less than 40% of CCA left in it. 

• Praise 3