Lithium jump starter

Kb27

why need to carry them in the car? high risk of battery explosion or fire.

veh road site rescue team cover singapore and Malaysia, so no need to worry about car breakdown, weak battery, tire issue... when driving in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
On 6/14/2019 at 6:04 AM, Mkl22 said:
On 6/14/2019 at 2:19 AM, Fcw75 said:

What Jump Starter are you guys using now?

My Noco one is crap. Put it in my car all along then 2 days ago went to jump start my car. Did start the car but after that the Noco became bloated. Threw it away.

My Powerall also became bloated.

Is it a common issue for this type of battery pack?

Anyway, saw 2 models at Qoo. One is Anker 9000mAh and the other is RAVpower 10000mAh. Both is 400A. Anyone using these 2 brands?

I think all the same. After a while the lithium cells will bloat. Lithium cells like to be semi charged and stored in cool environment.

Yah man, you are right. After a year, the battery sure become bloated no matter how fanciful the casing is...knn.

Twincharged
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yah man, you are right. After a year, the battery sure become bloated no matter how fanciful the casing is...knn.

yeah, all these jump start boxes are not that cheap. Easily $60-150. And likely you ever only use it once before it self destructs. 

So in the end 2 options. 
1. change the car battery often. Say every 2 years regardless. For stingy/calculative jokers, maybe not a good option as cannot use up the battery till the end of Life.

but then most hassle free as unlikely you will ever get stuck with a dead battery. 

2. Wait till it spoils and then call for recovery or a kind soul to help jump start. 
but hassle of waiting for recovery and paying more. 

I have been practicing option 1. I try to stretch it sometimes as I have bought a ancel battery tester. So can somewhat predict roughly when it’s end is near. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
42 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

yeah, all these jump start boxes are not that cheap. Easily $60-150. And likely you ever only use it once before it self destructs. 

So in the end 2 options. 
1. change the car battery often. Say every 2 years regardless. For stingy/calculative jokers, maybe not a good option as cannot use up the battery till the end of Life.

but then most hassle free as unlikely you will ever get stuck with a dead battery. 

2. Wait till it spoils and then call for recovery or a kind soul to help jump start. 
but hassle of waiting for recovery and paying more. 

I have been practicing option 1. I try to stretch it sometimes as I have bought a ancel battery tester. So can somewhat predict roughly when it’s end is near. 

Mine less than 1 year become bloated. 😵

Some said cannot leave in car because too hot and should leave at home but it defeat the purpose of the jump starter isn’t it? 😅

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Mine less than 1 year become bloated. 😵

Some said cannot leave in car because too hot and should leave at home but it defeat the purpose of the jump starter isn’t it? 😅

Yup. That’s why I never bought one. The price of one is a 45ah battery. Might as well replace periodically. Pay a little bit more for zero down. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

i bought a 70mai one shopee for $55 after disc abt 2 wks ago

cheap and good

used it once already

very good

Feedback again after a year. [laugh]

I have used 3 different brands (Powerall, Nocco, RAVPower), end result all the same...bloated battery.

Unless you don't leave it in the car but that defeat the purpose isn't it? 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I have used 3 different brands (Powerall, Nocco, RAVPower), end result all the same...bloated battery.

I set my calendar for May 2021 to kiv liao

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, Fcw75 said:

I'm back after 1 year!

Car is a Fit Hybrid. 

Charger is a 70mai. Bought in Jun 2020 and only had a full charge since then.

2020 Jun was the CB period and i had to jump a ocassionally to get the car to start esp after aft 4 days - but once started and driving around the 12V held voltage and was able to start normally.

2020 Oct the car was 2 yrs old (12V from new too) and showed signs of weak batt. the jump intervals started  from 4 days to 3  to 2 to 1 day. it was until every drive that i had to jump that i decided it was a no brainer to chg a new 12v. changed to a new 35AH Amaron non-start stop.

2021 Mar the other car also had issues starting after parking a few days - used the same charger a couple of times until I decided to change to a new 12V

All in all over the year 1 year - I prob used the charger over 10 times, as of today still has 3 out of 4 dots on the charger.

Overall 70mai is a very good quality product. Will recommend to anyone who drives to keep one in the glovebox for that crucial moment.

Can be used as a powerbank too.

I still have the trusty jump start cables in my cars since 20 years ago - they still work too! 🙂

Edited by Wildfaye29
add info
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

I'm back after 1 year!

Car is a Fit Hybrid. 

Charger is a 70mai. Bought in Jun 2020 and only had a full charge since then.

2020 Jun was the CB period and i had to jump a ocassionally to get the car to start esp after aft 4 days - but once started and driving around the 12V held voltage and was able to start normally.

2020 Oct the car was 2 yrs old (12V from new too) and showed signs of weak batt. the jump intervals started  from 4 days to 3  to 2 to 1 day. it was until every drive that i had to jump that i decided it was a no brainer to chg a new 12v. changed to a new 35AH Amaron non-start stop.

2021 Mar the other car also had issues starting after parking a few days - used the same charger a couple of times until I decided to change to a new 12V

All in all over the year 1 year - I prob used the charger over 10 times, as of today still has 3 out of 4 dots on the charger.

Overall 70mai is a very good quality product. Will recommend to anyone who drives to keep one in the glovebox for that crucial moment.

Can be used as a powerbank too.

I still have the trusty jump start cables in my cars since 20 years ago - they still work too! 🙂

Wow, you really feedback after a year. Hahaha.

Thanks for feedback, will get a 70mai next time.

Your cars are parked shelter or open?

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

sheltered most of the time at home and office

i set calendar to remind me to come back to reply to the post mah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I also should get a 70mai too.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

sheltered most of the time at home and office

i set calendar to remind me to come back to reply to the post mah

Haha 👍🏼

My carpark is open type maybe that’s why.

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Discoburg said:

I also should get a 70mai too.

Yes you should bro. I will get one too.

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Yes you should bro. I will get one too.

Organize a GB la. I see cheapest in Shop at $58.50/set.

• Praise 1

Currently below $60 on shopee - local sellers 

dont buy so early

wait for the the monthly sale and use free disc vouchers

likely to get ard $50 or less if you are lucky

stack stack stack

hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3