Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

Turbocharged

Honestly 3 months car is almost impossible to sell as it's too much hassle to arrange for insurance. Better to drive it until scrap.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Insurance will rebate you balance of unused months... ^_^

Bro, dont say until like that leh... its more than 3 months...

22nd september... min parf 10k...

Ok. Thank you.

Honestly 3 months car is almost impossible to sell as it's too much hassle to arrange for insurance. Better to drive it until scrap.

It is not a hassle for buyer if the price is right and the seller willing a take a smaller profit like few hundred above minimum PARF....

Edited by Dgeralds

Hi my colt plus ralliart turbo is expiring in end July 2015 . I wonder heat should I do . To renew the Coe is around 66k cat A for 10 years. The car is in good condition and it's a waste to just scrap it. However the paper value now should be left around 11-12k . Appreciate all advice. Thanks

• Praise 1

(edited)

If you can afford $66k PQP, jolly well better to buy a new car. There are some brand new entry Kor/Jap models which you can secure at below $100k. Take a walk to the scrapyard in woodlands Industrial park E and Sungei Kadut, a lot of 10yrs old Nissan/tToyota/ MIT scrapped, queuing up waiting for body to be dismantled

Edited by Amazon777
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi my colt plus ralliart turbo is expiring in end July 2015 . I wonder heat should I do . To renew the Coe is around 66k cat A for 10 years. The car is in good condition and it's a waste to just scrap it. However the paper value now should be left around 11-12k . Appreciate all advice. Thanks

Given you can get a KIA Rio or something similar for around $100k, you may want to consider such and use your $66k to put a downpayment.

But since you have one of those 'gems' from that era - the RalliART Turbo ... I think some will suggest you renew.

If you adore your car, I believe go with your heart. If your heart says its time to let go, let go. If your heart still loves your RalliART, you should keep it.

I like this car as it is good enough for the normal small family and storage due to the 'plus' model. It has legal HIDs and turbo and I feel to get a car like this nowadays , it would be under the cat B Coe , but to renew the Coe it will still be under car A . The only letdown is I will loose the 11k parf and the depreciation will be kept at 7.6k per year. Also the mileage is already at 180k+ and engine is loud but it's still healthy and powerful which make it a shame to scrap it. Car quotz quoted me $0 for my car body which I feel is really .....even Chao to also worth $300 right . So I just toying with the idea of renewing and give it a full overhaul :) . I really hope this type of car can have people renewing on the road. The YRV turbo, swift sports , celica mrs rx8 s15 . All these are nice cars which I feel should be renewed .

• Praise 1

U guys are comparing a ralliart Colt plus turbo wif Kia Rio? Tats a shocker..if I haf to spend 100k on tat 1.4l rio I rather spend 66k to renew the colt

I like this car as it is good enough for the normal small family and storage due to the 'plus' model. It has legal HIDs and turbo and I feel to get a car like this nowadays , it would be under the cat B Coe , but to renew the Coe it will still be under car A . The only letdown is I will loose the 11k parf and the depreciation will be kept at 7.6k per year. Also the mileage is already at 180k+ and engine is loud but it's still healthy and powerful which make it a shame to scrap it. Car quotz quoted me $0 for my car body which I feel is really .....even Chao to also worth $300 right . So I just toying with the idea of renewing and give it a full overhaul :) . I really hope this type of car can have people renewing on the road. The YRV turbo, swift sports , celica mrs rx8 s15 . All these are nice cars which I feel should be renewed .

I think it's worth to renew. U just lose the scrap value. Whatever ur coe is, u can get back at the time of scrap.

Tbh, if I can find a 2006 yrv turbo I dun mind swooping for it.

Hahhaha. U.S. The YRV turbo ...think still got quite a few around especially the last batch of 2006. Ever drove one before and it's a fun car . Actually, my car still got 2 more months left so waiting to see if the Coe will be coming down a bit or not. :)

I wouldn't spend a 100k on a Kia Rio for sure . The renewing of 66k is rather ex imo as I have seen many cycles of ups and down in the Coe . I would think it will be going around 40k soon or even lower . 2015 is the first wave of cars reaching the 10 years Coe expiry and followed by 2016 and 2017 which made up of around 50% of the total car population on the road . Am I right about this ? Many people who scrap their 05,06,07 cars are getting them at less than 20k for the Coe , so in my opinion , Coe at 66k is a bit too hard to swallow , even at 30 or 40k! currently waiting for a quote for my car form direct cars . If price is good I may consider selling it off. Just curious as I seen Altis being renew and selling in market makes me feel the colt plus ralliart deserve a second lifespan extension .

• Praise 1

I wouldn't spend a 100k on a Kia Rio for sure . The renewing of 66k is rather ex imo as I have seen many cycles of ups and down in the Coe . I would think it will be going around 40k soon or even lower . 2015 is the first wave of cars reaching the 10 years Coe expiry and followed by 2016 and 2017 which made up of around 50% of the total car population on the road . Am I right about this ? Many people who scrap their 05,06,07 cars are getting them at less than 20k for the Coe , so in my opinion , Coe at 66k is a bit too hard to swallow , even at 30 or 40k! currently waiting for a quote for my car form direct cars . If price is good I may consider selling it off. Just curious as I seen Altis being renew and selling in market makes me feel the colt plus ralliart deserve a second lifespan extension .

It's a good car I would say. Has a turbo, has space and most impt boot space as well. Only down side for u at this point of time is..time. Cuz it's expiring in July. But dun renew 5'yrs. it's not worth it.

Yrv turbo, Colt plus ralliart and Colt version r are good for 2nd term imo if u wanna cat A car tat is affordable and can go alittle faster when u want them to

I am selling my grey Cefiro 2.3 due for scrap on 2 Sep 2015. In good condition and no repair needed.

Selling at paper value + 500 for 2.5 months use. Cheaper than renting.

PM me if interested.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If you can afford $66k PQP, jolly well better to buy a new car. There are some brand new entry Kor/Jap models which you can secure at below $100k. Take a walk to the scrapyard in woodlands Industrial park E and Sungei Kadut, a lot of 10yrs old Nissan/tToyota/ MIT scrapped, queuing up waiting for body to be dismantled

Cannot be all car owners of Nissan/Toyota/MIT would renew their coe, sure to have lots of these cars waiting to be scrap since these make/model are the most popular cars back then. But there are still some car owners who renewed their coe.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Sometimes some of these car ads on sgcarmart really make me laugh.

For example, this one: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=482386&DL=1000

" One Of The Highest OMV In The Market, With Lowest Depreciation Comparable To 3series."

Depreciation

$19,259 / year

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Perhaps he meant a new 3 series, but his 6 series is already 10 years old...

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Sometimes some of these car ads on sgcarmart really make me laugh.

For example, this one: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=482386&DL=1000

" One Of The Highest OMV In The Market, With Lowest Depreciation Comparable To 3series."

Depreciation

$19,259 / year

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Perhaps he meant a new 3 series, but his 6 series is already 10 years old...

[laugh]

Edited by Sunset73
  • Praise 1

I am selling my grey Cefiro 2.3 due for scrap on 2 Sep 2015. In good condition and no repair needed.

Selling at paper value + 500 for 2.5 months use. Cheaper than renting.

PM me if interested.

How much the price

• Praise 1

Anybody has a car left about 8mths to 18mths that wanna let go?

Will definitely offer a better price than dealer. Ready buyer here. Will take care of the loan n transfer procedures.

Looking at

Civic type R

Euro R

Integra Type R

PM or Msg at 91446085

• Praise 1