Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

You are handing over your car in Oct 2015 and the car COE expires in Apr 2016 right? That's 6 months of ownership and you are still asking 10k? Didn't your original asking price of 19k work out to 11k for 6 months = 22k for annual?

Please lah, people here are really not stupid one. At your "revised" asking price, I can get a 730, Audi A8, Merc S-Class *EASILY* at the same annual depreciation.

((18000 - 13301) / 6)*12 = $9398 depre

Where go 22k?

↡ Advertisement

You are handing over your car in Oct 2015 and the car COE expires in Apr 2016 right? That's 6 months of ownership and you are still asking 10k? Didn't your original asking price of 19k work out to 11k for 6 months = 22k for annual?

Please lah, people here are really not stupid one. At your "revised" asking price, I can get a 730, Audi A8, Merc S-Class *EASILY* at the same annual depreciation.

Maths fail....

Selling price 18k

Hw e hell 22k depr

i am lost for words..... u didnt take in account of the parf that the buyer will get,.

I also looking for a temporary ride. Any cheap car that lasts beyond March next year please PM me. Cheap refers to depreciation =<$5k.

Thanks!

Personally for me, buying cars with 6 months and less left is about risk management. Depreciation is not as important as the difference between purchase price and paper value. Imagine buying a car with less than 6 months less and the gearbox kaput, $2k-$3k overhaul job...

What will one gonna do? spend $2k-$3k to drive for 6 months? to deregister car? thus, the so called price above paper value one pay is to hedge against such risk

For example,

Paper value of a car with 6 months less is $14k, buying at $18k is carrying a risk premium of $4k at the point of purchase (not including 6 months road tax if it's not been paid for)

Hi all

Im looking for a car left with 6 months COE. Note that this is for personal use and I can pay you only about $500 + paper value (cash). Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Supercharged

I agree with you. that's why I never think of selling my 8 year old ride after I have done most of the parts renewal. if I put it to resale market, I am gonna get slapped with penalty for this risk the buyer will think he is undertaking but for which I know there is no risk at all for him.

for a long tenure car, say still left with 8 years, a depreciation difference of 1k translates into 8k difference. but for a short tenure car of say 1 year, a 1k difference is depreciation only translates to 1k difference in price paid. more risky is the cost of potential repairs. if you have to incur a 3k repair cost, it wipes out whatever low depreciation you have bargained for the short tenure car.

having said that, many buyer of short tenure car tends to mitigate their risk by going for Toyotas which they deemed as unlikely to incur sizeable repair bill even when they are 8 or 9 years old.

Personally for me, buying cars with 6 months and less left is about risk management. Depreciation is not as important as the difference between purchase price and paper value. Imagine buying a car with less than 6 months less and the gearbox kaput, $2k-$3k overhaul job...

What will one gonna do? spend $2k-$3k to drive for 6 months? to deregister car? thus, the so called price above paper value one pay is to hedge against such risk

For example,

Paper value of a car with 6 months less is $14k, buying at $18k is carrying a risk premium of $4k at the point of purchase (not including 6 months road tax if it's not been paid for)

For example,

at most pay 2-3K above paper or scrape for 6 months use. take it or leave it as every day the car value drops so the seller will be under pressure to sell.

• Praise 2

at most pay 2-3K above paper or scrape for 6 months use. take it or leave it as every day the car value drops so the seller will be under pressure to sell.

actually maybe i should not post the yearly depre.. look more daunting...

i should post i sell 3 to 4k over paper.. haha.. works out to be the same yearly depre..

Hi all

Im looking for a car left with 6 months COE. Note that this is for personal use and I can pay you only about $500 + paper value (cash). Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Low ballers spotted. Aka dealer

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Low ballers spotted. Aka dealer

Yup. And of course it cash la. Who would loan you for 6mths?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I also looking for a temporary ride. Any cheap car that lasts beyond March next year please PM me. Cheap refers to depreciation =<$5k.

Thanks!

Only 1 car in the entire Singapore falls within your budget of =<$5K annual dep - Chery Cute Cute 800cc @ $4.6K a yr.

If you up your budget by $1K to $6K and your choice widens to an extensive array of China made cars like Geely CK/MK, Chery A1/A168, Hafei Minz, Chana Benni and more.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Only 1 car in the entire Singapore falls within your budget of =<$5K annual dep - Chery Cute Cute 800cc @ $4.6K a yr.

If you up your budget by $1K to $6K and your choice widens to an extensive array of China made cars like Geely CK/MK, Chery A1/A168, Hafei Minz, Chana Benni and more.

Yea, <5k days are over now. 8k is the new 5k.

• Praise 1

i am lost for words..... u didnt take in account of the parf that the buyer will get,.

Dammit, another drunk post. My Maths really fail. I apologize for my horrendous miscalculation. Dunno what I've been smoking.

OK lah, 18k u might be able to find a buyer here...

• Praise 1

Yea, <5k days are over now. 8k is the new 5k.

8k might as well buy a new car. Hyundai 4D only 83k for new.

if I wanna get from those used car dealers also easily get 8k per year.

5k annual depreciation is possible because the I am looking for <1 year car!

• Praise 2

8k might as well buy a new car. Hyundai 4D only 83k for new.

if I wanna get from those used car dealers also easily get 8k per year.

5k annual depreciation is possible because the I am looking for <1 year car!

5k is not impossible, but will need to hunt.

many would want to drive new but cash may not be enough.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My friend has a car left 6 months before scrap asking scrap plus $500, the catch is, the car needs a engine overhaul and change gear box. Anyone ?

• Praise 1

My friend has a car left 6 months before scrap asking scrap plus $500, the catch is, the car needs a engine overhaul and change gear box. Anyone ?

Siao boh, u give me at scrap value, I also dun want. Ask your friend to scrap it lah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1