Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

Actually, bro... no offence but if your car is a Mercedes, BMW,  maybe... 3-4K body. But it's a Ford. Really, $1K above paper is not an unreasonable asking price. If you bring to a dealer to scrap, you really get only paper (and a roax tax refund, if that makes you happier). I can understand you have some pride on your car especially that you have had mods on it, but TBH, mods are worth nothing at the end. You can dekit your sound system and probably get more money out of it than the car body.

Don't get emotional. You are here to sell your car. Willing buyer willing seller. If you are unwilling, find another buyer. That's all.

Thanks for your views. I am not getting emotional over offers. Valuation is in the eye of the beholder.

However, I draw the line when there are false figures/facts being made on what I have offered for sale.

I have stated clearly my price is based on a $7k/annum depreciation and I am correcting inaccurate/misleading comments being deliberately made by a sour individual on this.

I am waiting for delivery of my next car in the next 2 weeks and I welcome any reasonable offer above paper value of $11,893 + $600. But don't deliberately lie or misrepresent the facts of my figures in the hopes of obtaining a car at paper value. That's all.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for your views. I am not getting emotional over offers. Valuation is in the eye of the beholder.

However, I draw the line when there are false figures/facts being made on what I have offered for sale.

I have stated clearly my price is based on a $7k/annum depreciation and I am correcting inaccurate/misleading comments being deliberately made by a sour individual on this.

I am waiting for delivery of my next car in the next 2 weeks and I welcome any reasonable offer above paper value of $11,893 + $600. But don't deliberately lie or misrepresent the facts of my figures in the hopes of obtaining a car at paper value. That's all.

Didn't somebody offer above $11,893 + 600 (~$12.5K?)

Anyways, instead of getting angry, no need to comment, just drive the car to the end... bash it around also fun, or bring it to Sepang for a track day. That's what I did to my Subaru Impreza before I scrapped it. I got $0 for the body at the end, and the f**king dealer almost wanted to charge me an "admin fee" somemore, but f**k that really -- the fun I had in M'sia bashing it around the kampung gravel roads (4WD ftw?) and throwing it around Sepang is priceless. Why so upset. For $1-2K Is it worth the high blood pressure? Relak. Go order a carrot cake and kopi-si. Enjoy the last few months of the car (and also take the time to sell your audio system which is probably worth $500-1k).

• Praise 1

Anyways, instead of getting angry, no need to comment, just drive the car to the end... bash it around also fun, or bring it to Sepang for a track day. That's what I did to my Subaru Impreza before I scrapped it. I got $0 for the body at the end, and the f**king dealer almost wanted to charge me an "admin fee" somemore, but f**k that really -- the fun I had in M'sia bashing it around the kampung gravel roads (4WD ftw?) and throwing it around Sepang is priceless. Why so upset. For $1-2K Is it worth the high blood pressure? Relak. Go order a carrot cake and kopi-si. Enjoy the last few months of the car (and also take the time to sell your audio system which is probably worth $500-1k).

i was quoted $300 for impreza body.... than reduced to $150 because mileage 240+k... then when gasket blow... the dealer still gave me $100 

not too bad i guess

audio system still have to dekit... not sure if it is worth the effort.......

i was quoted $300 for impreza body.... than reduced to $150 because mileage 240+k... then when gasket blow... the dealer still gave me $100 

not too bad i guess

audio system still have to dekit... not sure if it is worth the effort.......

If it's a good audio system, why not? I think the equipment can be worth several hundreds. I think he can try posting in the new car threads (like Vezel? Mazda 3? something...) then see if anybody wants and they can co-share the labour. Anyway, dekit is easy for sound system. Just cut all the wires and leave it on the old car. Take out speakers very fast one. Max 1hr job. It's the installation that is xiong.

If it's a good audio system, why not? I think the equipment can be worth several hundreds. I think he can try posting in the new car threads (like Vezel? Mazda 3? something...) then see if anybody wants and they can co-share the labour. Anyway, dekit is easy for sound system. Just cut all the wires and leave it on the old car. Take out speakers very fast one. Max 1hr job. It's the installation that is xiong.

if it is a good audio system, it likely will have good wires... if you mean just take the hardware without wires then maybe worth it... depends used how long also

Yeah. No point getting upset over honest remark about your car, all the people here own car and know how to calculate.

At the end you will still sell to the highest offer whether that come from dealer, scrapyard or end user.

Neutral Newbie

Dec'17 Honda Odyssey Absolute

OMV: $28,059

Minimum Parf: 15,432 (drive til scrap)

Asking: $10k depreciation per year

Mileage: 260k

Colour: Deep Purple

Condition: Major parts changed including gearbox, steering pump, engine mount. One month engine warranty. Some wear and tear with leather upholstery, good for short time use, no mechanical issues, quiet engine.

Accesories: Original 17" sports rim, vcool, sunroof.

Bidded Number: S**6777Z (Add $1000)

• Praise 1

Again, I did not respond to the $12.5k offer or get emotional over it. I wouldn't bother with such offers anyway.

The only remark I took offense to was when that fellow deliberately painted a false picture of my selling price being $9k depreciation, when it was in fact $7k depreciation or lower if taking road tax into account.

Not sure how many times I have to repeat this.

Neutral Newbie

2009 White Hyundai Avante. 

Good condition, comes with nice interior and sport rims. This car has a spacious boot as well. 

Accident free. Good petrol consumption. & goes for regular servicing. 

Original Registration Date: 27 Mar 2009

OMV: $10,871

Asking $33,500. Good to handover anytime as this vehicle is a spare car which we no longer need it. It is very well taken care of. 

Please PM me if interested. Thank you. 

Good condition, comes with nice interior and sport rims. This car has a spacious boot as well.

Asking $33,500. Good to handover anytime as this vehicle is a spare car which we no longer need it. It is very well taken care of.

Whats your company name ? Edited by Ingenius

I'm a direct owner.

oh I see. But your price is higher than dealers in sgcarmart selling same car same year. Lol. Edited by Ingenius

Neutral Newbie

oh I see. But your price is higher than dealers in sgcarmart selling same car same year. Lol.

There are similar prices like minevitable or even higher than mine. The price should be negotiable reasonably. If you are keen, you can pm to view the car.

can sent photo of the car to me?

ronnie 91884948

oh I see. But your price is higher than dealers in sgcarmart selling same car same year. Lol.

to say its high is kind of understatement.

i bought my ride 4 months newer than this but with a omv thats almost double of it.

only thing is price i bough is similar to the selling price.

• Praise 2

Looking for car that can drive at least for 12months upon transaction (I want to clock whole year of NCD)

Depreciation ard 8k is OK.

PM me. Thanks. Looking to transact in Oct.

Edited by Ralliart_ray
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1