Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

you think dealer can offer $10k ?

then how can they resell?

I think any dealer will also offer higher price leh.

$500 for 8 months drive undercut a bit too much. Minimum current value should be 10K?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Dealer may not pay $10K but Uber agent will. IMHO direct buyer/seller may look at $500 per month.

• Praise 2

$500 for 8 months drive undercut a bit too much. Minimum current value should be 10K?

Lol. He is the trademark lowballer here. Every time he offers the "best" price. No wonder he is still offering.. Lol
  • Praise 3

exactly. $500 for 8 months is crazy la...low baller.

Twincharged

exactly. $500 for 8 months is crazy la...low baller.

:) its like saying someone bid 50K COEand transfer over for 5K.

Got such lobang I also want.

Lol. He is the trademark lowballer here. Every time he offers the "best" price. No wonder he is still offering.. Lol

Resident lowballer  [:p]

• Praise 1

Clutched

Would like to add on that as the sale of the car is urgent, my colleague is willing to lower her asking price to $3800. Would need to deal by this week as she's leaving Singapore in May. Please PM me your contact number and name if interested. Would have gotten it from her if I had not just purchased another car.

Hi, is it still available?
  • Praise 2

i can offer $7500 for this.

interested pm me

If he says market offering $14-18K, do you think he will accept your offer?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Nowadays, most AD accept trade in with $2K over scarp value. So if you decide to sell your car outside with no trade in, do they still give the $2K discount?

If not, why do AD want your old scrap car and pay $2K? Anyone can share their knowledge?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Nowadays, most AD accept trade in with $2K over scarp value. So if you decide to sell your car outside with no trade in, do they still give the $2K discount?

If not, why do AD want your old scrap car and pay $2K? Anyone can share their knowledge?

I think they will take the old car near the Parf + prevailing COE value (months left).

If you sell outside, the buyers price is about 3-4K above this value.

So the offered price is still Win win as it's easier to wait to direct exchange and there is an increased chance of you buying from the AD. People who feel they can reach direct buyers and don't mind the trouble can work to "save" the 1-2K.

some just paper value arounded up a bit for car less than 1 year.

so selling a few thousand more to direct buyer is definitely a win. just a matter of how big is the seller's appetite.

• Praise 1

It depends on AD profit margin, it just another way to close the sales when other AD may not offer you the atleast the same trade in price.

Of course, AD will try to sell/rent to maximize their profit after handover.

2 cents worth

• Praise 1

Pricing game? It's like giving a $2k discount on the car price, but in this instance make customers feel good about trading in their car
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

There are some convenience also.

Not many people want to or can afford to spend time liaising with direct buyers to meet here meet there settle this document that document etc, although there are some who are able to. Easy to retain number and other convenience.

For trade in, drive to pick up new car, at one designated place. Sign what you need to sign and go. No hassle, no headache.

In some instances, it also motivates the AD or PI to faster bid and settle COE and the new car (because the trade-in price had been fixed). They delay is their loss.

Pricing game? It's like giving a $2k discount on the car price, but in this instance make customers feel good about trading in their car

Edited by Showster

(edited)

I think they will take the old car near the Parf + prevailing COE value (months left).

If you sell outside, the buyers price is about 3-4K above this value.

So the offered price is still Win win as it's easier to wait to direct exchange and there is an increased chance of you buying from the AD. People who feel they can reach direct buyers and don't mind the trouble can work to "save" the 1-2K.

when i went to KM, they only offered parf upon scrap and a negligible few hundreds extra for 8-9 months balance. pretty lousy deal.

Edited by Metalslug2

My understanding is that AD offered higher trade in price for my relative jap car recently when he bought a new car from them. Reason being AD did not want to deflate their new car selling price, hence, the discount was given onto the traded in car by offering him higher trade in price.

The new car was a beemer.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1