Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

I have one question.

I current have an old 2005 Sunny with about 7 years COE left. Fully paid. The rebate is about $40,000 if I deregister today. No point holding on to a high COE.

I am currently looking for a year 2009 Teana 2.0. Hopefully the price is about $19k.

Lazy to go through the paper work process of deregistering the sunny and then get another car.

If I were to buy that Teana through a dealer, would they provide a one-stop solution for me? That is, give me that old Teana and then deregister the sunny for me. And payment of that Teana is directly from the proceeds of that Sunny without having me to write a separate cheque to settle that Teana first.

In short, I give them my Sunny, they give me the Teana and at the same time pay me $21k, instead of me paying them. Does it work that way?

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement

I have one question.

I current have an old 2005 Sunny with about 7 years COE left. Fully paid. The rebate is about $40,000 if I deregister today. No point holding on to a high COE.

I am currently looking for a year 2009 Teana 2.0. Hopefully the price is about $19k.

Lazy to go through the paper work process of deregistering the sunny and then get another car.

If I were to buy that Teana through a dealerï¼ would they provide a one-stop solution for me? That is, give me that old Teana and then deregister the sunny for me. And payment of that Teana is directly from the proceeds of that Sunny without having me to write a separate cheque to settle that Teana first.

In short, I give them my Sunny, they give me the Teana and at the same time pay me $21k, instead of me paying them. Does it work that way?

Thanks for your advice.

Unlikely because the COE rebate of the Sunny will go back to you , not the delaer. And LTA will take time to process the rebate after a car is scrapped, at least a few days if not weeks.

But you can ask the dealer to do for you a bridging loan to tie you over if you do not want to come out cash in between. Bridging loan interest is higher but for a short duration it should not cost you a lot in net dollar. Not sure about admin fee though. No harm talking to the dealer. You can at the same time testing how sincere and professional they are.

Edited by Ct3833

Hahaha...ððð

Luckily you post here to clarify, i cannot imagine what if you rush in to on with him thinking it was a steal. But his price for a camry with that condition is good.
  • Praise 1

Selling my 2006 Toyota Wish Mileage @ 150000km.

2nd car in the family. Well taken care. Recently change evaporator coil and aircon compressor.

First Registration: 27 May 2006

COE Expire: 26 May 2021

32 more months to drive.

Selling 19k.

Sms: Eight288three2five1

• Praise 2

I have one question.

If I were to buy that Teana through a dealer, would they provide a one-stop solution for me? That is, give me that old Teana and then deregister the sunny for me. And payment of that Teana is directly from the proceeds of that Sunny without having me to write a separate cheque to settle that Teana first.

Thanks for your advice.

I dont see why not. It works as a trade-in. Just that it has balance returnable to buyer of the Teana. 

You just need to pass them the PIN for them to transfer in and deregister and wait for the money from LTA to return to them (if they are ESA)

IN this case, i feel they will deduct 1% less paper rebate for the sunny due to the duration of the wait. 

• Praise 2

I dont see why not. It works as a trade-in. Just that it has balance returnable to buyer of the Teana.

You just need to pass them the PIN for them to transfer in and deregister and wait for the money from LTA to return to them (if they are ESA)

IN this case, i feel they will deduct 1% less paper rebate for the sunny due to the duration of the wait.

Thank you. I was thinking along the same line of trading-in too.

If it works, that means I could probably drive until the point of Sunny/Teana handover while at the same time, I dont have to fork out additional cash for Teana and the dealer could choose to send the handed over sunny to scrapyard if they want.

I have one question.

Thanks for your advice.

Yes they can. I traded in my old car with super high parf value recently and bought one with a lower price than my parf.  the dealer paid me the balance and he walked away with my scrap car.

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 2

Thank you. I was thinking along the same line of trading-in too.

If it works, that means I could probably drive until the point of Sunny/Teana handover while at the same time, I dont have to fork out additional cash for Teana and the dealer could choose to send the handed over sunny to scrapyard if they want.

I rather dereg and be without a car for a while than to trust the dealer or pay 1%. Process so simple if you have fully paid.

Dealer can always delay the dereg and all the crap. Why give yourself more troubles.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

I rather dereg and be without a car for a while than to trust the dealer or pay 1%. Process so simple if you have fully paid.

Dealer can always delay the dereg and all the crap. Why give yourself more troubles.

As a dealer, i dont think delaying dereg is useful, because the money is not productive when held by LTA, not forgetting the balance has been paid for contra of the trade in. 

They will almost immediate transfer the car into their own company and hold the rights to the vehicle, whether or not they dereg on when or how, is no longer the question here, the key is to get the balance after the contra and make sure trade in car is transferred out from your name and the purchase is transferred into your name.

As a dealer, i dont think delaying dereg is useful, because the money is not productive when held by LTA, not forgetting the balance has been paid for contra of the trade in.

They will almost immediate transfer the car into their own company and hold the rights to the vehicle, whether or not they dereg on when or how, is no longer the question here, the key is to get the balance after the contra and make sure trade in car is transferred out from your name and the purchase is transferred into your name.

Good advice, thks.

Neutral Newbie

Selling Toyota Vios.

Mileage : 186000km

Just change engine oil last week.

1st owner

Open Market Value : $11,900.00

Parf : $5,950.00

COE expire: 4/2/19

New Car arriving, end Sep'18

SMS : 93864064

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Selling Toyota Vios.

Mileage : 186000km

Just change engine oil last week.

1st owner

Open Market Value : $11,900.00

Parf : $5,950.00

COE expire: 4/2/19

New Car arriving, end Sep'18

SMS : 93864064

Sold. Thank you

Neutral Newbie

Hi All... I am looking for Toyota Wish to renew COE 5 or 10y.

car left around 1-3months

2 owner or less

low mileage perfered

Pls contact me at whatapp 81863363

Thank You very much

• Praise 1

Assuming you are looking at a 9 year old car for 10year COE, which would you choose?

Car A with mileage 80,000km or

Car B with mileage 130,000km?

Most would choose Car A for the apparent lower mileage, but it is fast approaching 100,000km mark which might be a major timeline for parts replacement soon.

Or is it wiser to choose Car B? Hopefully most parts which need to be replaced, have been replaced.

Your thoughts please.

Edited by Albeniz

Assuming you are looking at a 9 year old car for 10year COE, which would you choose?

Most would choose Car A for the apparent lower mileage, but it is fast approaching 100,000km mark which might be a major timeline for parts replacement soon.

Or is it wiser to choose Car B? Hopefully most parts which need to be replaced, have been replaced.

Your thoughts please.

Choose one that has been serviced by agent. If not , service by workshop but have all the service records.

Mind sharing what car you are considering ?

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Your thoughts please.

Need to take the number of ownership into consideration

The actual mileage may not be what it showed

Edited by AHBA
  • Praise 3

Your thoughts please.

Care to share the actual car model or link? Maybe easier to contribute comments
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2