Which reliable workshop to repair Nissan Sylphy?

Aerosmith

my aunt's one a lot of problems, i need to help her solve it.

idling got jerking problem, moving off low power, i researched, seems like some ignition coil problem, may be engine mounting too.

air-con sometimes draw in outside air when too cold.

thanks all.

↡ Advertisement

this workshop i support.

unlike those major workshop where you depends on luck to see if the worker assigned to you is competent enough, this workshop popular with nissan are run by only the boss(kelvin) and his friend, both are very good.

some would say he is not the cheapest around, but i rather pay more for peace of mind.

currently changed my ride to legacy gt, already been to 2 pro-subbie workshop, but doesn't feel comfortable yet as the assigned worker seem to just go thru motion. seriously considering going back to kelvin but not sure if he is as competent with subbies.

• Praise 1

hi

Used kelvin a few times for my latio. he and his co worker are quite knowledgeable. they can explain things.

they are not the cheapest nor expensive.

you can bring the parts to them and they charge labour only.

the vios problem maybe ignition coil - did the fc drop a lot?

they should be quite ok with most jap cars i guess.

• Praise 1

thanks for some of the advice.

i happen to need to go to JB tmr, anyone knows if there are reliable mechanics there that can solve this issue too?

This workshop is run by ex-nissan technician. So should be good in troubleshooting nissan. Use them a couple of time and has been satisifed with their job. But their parts are not the cheapest. So if common generic problem like change car battery, other places can be cheaper. Chronic issue, you can try them.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, recently my 06 Sylphy aircon has aircon water leaking into front passenger area. any gd workshop tonrecommend? rough cost?

Hi Everyone,

I am driving a Sylphy 1.5 currently 6 yr old ride and mileage is 140K went for servicing and mechanic advice that this model after about 120K the radiator will leak and cause overheating problem. Currently my radiator is ok and would like to check if anyone has radiator problem after 120K mileage.

Please share if you know something.

Thanks.

Why 120K ?  Why not 90K or 130K or 160K ? What not 140K ?

BTW, how much did you pay for servicing at this WS ? Can you provide info to the WS like name, add etc.

Hi Everyone,

I am driving a Sylphy 1.5 currently 6 yr old ride and mileage is 140K went for servicing and mechanic advice that this model after about 120K the radiator will leak and cause overheating problem. Currently my radiator is ok and would like to check if anyone has radiator problem after 120K mileage.

Please share if you know something.

Thanks.

Hi .. i just changed my radiator box ...260km ..9.5yrs old. Spotted the leak on the top part of radiator (greenish coolant) plus need to top up spare water tank once every 2 to 3 days. Changed for 200 inclu labour

Why 120K ?  Why not 90K or 130K or 160K ? What not 140K ?

BTW, how much did you pay for servicing at this WS ? Can you provide info to the WS like name, add etc.

Hi Apple-Tree,

That is my point too why at these mileage? I was hoping someone whom have experience on this can share theirs.

BTW I have not change the radiator yet though being advise by the workshop.

And this workshop is quite popular with Nissan car being set up by ex-TC mechanic.

Hi .. i just changed my radiator box ...260km ..9.5yrs old. Spotted the leak on the top part of radiator (greenish coolant) plus need to top up spare water tank once every 2 to 3 days. Changed for 200 inclu labour

Hi Joshterran,

Can I know the workshop that you change the radiator for $200.0

Just curious is your job changing the whole radiator (Brand new or Recon)

Or servicing the radiator?

I was quoted between $450 to $490 from several workshop to change a brand new radiator.

Radiator is a very robust and rugged as there is no moving parts lor.

Most of the time leak are caused by over pressure valve (the filling cap) trigger.

Over pressure caused by high temp or loss of water lor

a) Water pump leak - loss of water to leak.

b) Thermostat failure - Fan OK but will not spin or spin intermediate 

Anyway, I usually get a free new radiator on most accident.

Hi Apple-Tree,

That is my point too why at these mileage? I was hoping someone whom have experience on this can share theirs.

BTW I have not change the radiator yet though being advise by the workshop.

And this workshop is quite popular with Nissan car being set up by ex-TC mechanic.

Hi Joshterran,

Can I know the workshop that you change the radiator for $200.0

Just curious is your job changing the whole radiator (Brand new or Recon)

Or servicing the radiator?

I was quoted between $450 to $490 from several workshop to change a brand new radiator.

Twincharged

Radiator is a very robust and rugged as there is no moving parts lor.

Most of the time leak are caused by over pressure valve (the filling cap) trigger.

Over pressure caused by high temp or loss of water lor

a) Water pump leak - loss of water to leak.

b) Thermostat failure - Fan OK but will not spin or spin intermediate

Anyway, I usually get a free new radiator on most accident.

Radiators are now made of plastic they crack overtime. They are also subject to vibrations on the car. Same with aluminum radiators. They can crack due to vibrations on the car. Also they can oxidize so not true just because no moving parts they last forever.

But since my very first car in the 90's already have plastic part in a radiator lor.  

Err ....... I did not say last forever, only cpf last forever or ones lifetime.

I only implied that component with moving parts tend to fail first then component with no moving part.

Radiators are now made of plastic they crack overtime. They are also subject to vibrations on the car. Same with aluminum radiators. They can crack due to vibrations on the car. Also they can oxidize so not true just because no moving parts they last forever.

Edited by Apple-Tree