Traffic congestion control without use of costly ERP infrast

Super7

Wu ngia bo?

For clearer page, see p8 ST today

post-944-0-85144900-1413762227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement

Won't work here. In SG, all major expressways and arterial roads are congested during peak hours. Shuffle here shuffle there all the same.

• Praise 2

To me there's much more than what meets the eye...

财路不可断? don't choke the money stream?

财路不可断? don't choke the money stream?

To me I read it as they save money on ERP infrastructure WHILE collecting the same, if not more money from users...

MIT test using only ten tokens and showed it works? Ten cars can simulate the crowd behaviour and traffic condition? Amazing Jason Gao!!

Or is the token just a quantity figure of cars that the particular road can handle.

Like a 1km stretch of road, can allow 150 cars, then only 150 tokens will be issued for this particualr road?

If so then there is nothing special about this MIT solution.

The ERP can easily be modified to work like this token method.

The rate of the car passing thru the ERP, can be measured and thus count the 'intervals' and 'spacing' between cars. Then the ERP can change the $$ entry fee upwards/downwards accodingly.

All the driver need is a Handphone Apps to show the active price of the various ERP and the driver can divert to small arterial road if necessary to avoid paying the fees and be stuck in the traffic jam.

• Praise 1

Why cant people trust ERPs?

Its afterall the best invention gahmen has made

ERP actually is invented by some students in NYP not gahment.

but if you still want to consider ERP as good invention.. I say COE no claim number 1, no one dare to claim number 2!

• Praise 2

if you are scared of paying bills, just take public transport....driving is for convenience, if it is too troublesome, just don't drive.

• Praise 1

Why cant people trust ERPs?

Its afterall the best invention gahmen has made

Ahh, if i always put my hand into your pocket and take money out, you still trust me?? just kidding [:p][:)]

MIT test using only ten tokens and showed it works? Ten cars can simulate the crowd behaviour and traffic condition? Amazing Jason Gao!!

Or is the token just a quantity figure of cars that the particular road can handle.

Like a 1km stretch of road, can allow 150 cars, then only 150 tokens will be issued for this particualr road?

If so then there is nothing special about this MIT solution.

The ERP can easily be modified to work like this token method.

The rate of the car passing thru the ERP, can be measured and thus count the 'intervals' and 'spacing' between cars. Then the ERP can change the $$ entry fee upwards/downwards accodingly.

All the driver need is a Handphone Apps to show the active price of the various ERP and the driver can divert to small arterial road if necessary to avoid paying the fees and be stuck in the traffic jam.

Agree that both current ERP or systems like this "token system" cant really solve our congestion problem which has the root cause in too many cars on too tiny an island. It's beyond solutions which rely on redistributions of traffic flows (eg ERP, token-system etc)

Drivers must be incentivised to give up, or drive less often. Go for a more efficient and comprehensive public transport system instead of using private cars.

To me I read it as they save money on ERP infrastructure WHILE collecting the same, if not more money from users...

Shhhh.... not too loud. [:p][sweatdrop]