Boring, accident with taxi...

Keithhiap

Twincharged

My uncle was a taxi driver and he ever got rear ended lightly with totally no damage to his taxi at all but his medical claims were more than 10k. Cuz he already had back problems and that accident made it worse. Now he walks with a limp and cannot walk for long distances.

I heard from taxi drivers that they always choose to claim if they are rear ended cuz other drivers also don't give them chance. For them once report, even if 50-50 they will lose $2k. But then alot of people won't even give them chance to negotiate for private settlement.

↡ Advertisement

I guess I shall let insurance agent handle ba.

Not sure how well my insurance agent when dealing accident case.

Just hope cause minimise the claim impact.

Ultimately is just scratches.

Turbocharged

I guess I shall let insurance agent handle ba.

Not sure how well my insurance agent when dealing accident case.

Just hope cause minimise the claim impact.

Ultimately is just scratches.

did the TD call you till now?

TD had never call me.

Well, i'm already able to read his mind, cunning TD, which i will never let any TD get off in near future.

lai liao lor...just as I expected. <_<

Relief driver some more. The actual taxi renter must have teach him a thing or two.

Btw what's your ins co bro? do try to get their lawyers to challenge the case since you had the video...though chances of winning is slim as you rear ended him but got fight is better than no fight...

Sorry is not a good news, the taxi driver is not kind enough.

He just file a report, and Comfort DelGro just called me that his car is at WS now.

Lost of income = $80

Rental per day = $110 to 120

WS repair = waiting for quotation

Guess he will file MC too.

Taxi driver is a relief driver.

I should be very lucky last time round...more than 10 years back drive a XMM going to watch Jay Chou concert, rented a civic. Rushing for time and raining that night, took a wrong turn (gan cheong mah coz got chio MM onboard) and rear ended a crown taxi.

The taxi was tough sia, nothing happened, no scratches, my rented civic EG headlight chui, bonnet abit bend in, radiator funny sound, although still can move.

Thereafter return the car the company own by my relative. Heng he settle for me, did not have to pay for anything. The taxi lau few days later call me to compensate $100 nia. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I kena kissed by a taxi afew months back. my damage is very very minor that I don't want to claim the TD...... but to my surprise, that TD ask me to report......... which I did......just to cover myself. [confused]

lai liao lor...just as I expected. <_<

Relief driver some more. The actual taxi renter must have teach him a thing or two.

Btw what's your ins co bro? do try to get their lawyers to challenge the case since you had the video...though chances of winning is slim as you rear ended him but got fight is better than no fight...

I should be very lucky last time round...more than 10 years back drive a XMM going to watch Jay Chou concert, rented a civic. Rushing for time and raining that night, took a wrong turn (gan cheong mah coz got chio MM onboard) and rear ended a crown taxi.

The taxi was tough sia, nothing happened, no scratches, my rented civic EG headlight chui, bonnet abit bend in, radiator funny sound, although still can move.

Thereafter return the car the company own by my relative. Heng he settle for me, did not have to pay for anything. The taxi lau few days later call me to compensate $100 nia. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I seriously compel to ask you one important question : Bringing XMM to see Jay Chou Concert ! By then are you married ? [sly]

• Praise 1

What would TS have done if the taxi rear him instead? Offer to settle on the spot and move on?

Direct hit.. My experience is private settlement for amount anything more than 1k.. No one pays one lah..

haben la bro...that time still 读书in poly nia...and this XMM is 7 years younger than me,,, [:p]

too bad nothing happened from there on, maybe she was too shocked still...now she already happily married... [laugh][laugh]

I seriously compel to ask you one important question : Bringing XMM to see Jay Chou Concert ! By then are you married ? [sly]

What would TS have done if the taxi rear him instead? Offer to settle on the spot and move on?

Direct hit.. My experience is private settlement for amount anything more than 1k.. No one pays one lah..

i got rear ended once and we settle for more than 1k.... this money is not a lot consider one will be at the mercy of those ins co waiting to load u heavily if u ever claim...

i got rear ended once and we settle for more than 1k.... this money is not a lot consider one will be at the mercy of those ins co waiting to load u heavily if u ever claim...

the last time I got rear hit, like TS situation.. I didn't claim injury etc.. Ask my workshop to quote a fair price and I quote the other car the price, around $1k.. Offered the other car private settlement for that amount., the other car ask me claim his insurance,,Not inflated as boot also dented.

Light impact only.

Been driving since 1998, never had accident b4, this accident ruins my 55% NCD.

I will face the fact tho but just feel uncomfortable with such kayu drivers.

When we learnt driving, instructor did said we can filter left most if no cars, but in this incident, i feel sad as nowadays all the newbie drivers is so sucks, can even wait till no cars then filter out.

Instructor also say dun kaypo and watch what is in front of u

Eyes also are meant to look at where the car is moving...

Even if no cars on main road, you still need to wait for car in front to move out from filter lane before you can move..

• Praise 1

I tio before with taxi uncle, same with TS. Filtering lanes, assume taxi will drive off but misjudged. For me I offered him to my workshop which I said I will pay for the repair.

The workshop is in Woodlands and he said ok. On the same night he called me to say he's actually the relief driver and the main driver doesn't want to go so far. He said pay them $800 for private settlement but I disagreed.

End up my insurance paid $2,000+ for a minor damage. Sorry for being skeptical but I don't believe in the crap about their deposit gone or need to top-up.

If really need to, he would have agreed for the vehicle to be repaired in my workshop he don't even have to fork out a single cent or make a report. End of the day, they just want to keep the easy cash, $800, dun report and dun repair.

u bang him... he loss of income and waste time travelling to woodlands to fix the car

lets say u have a new car, a car (not only taxi) bang u.... u stay at woodlands.... his workshop at changi(cannot go to your AD)... will you be agreeable?

i'm not trying to defend taxi drivers... but lets be reasonable here

u convenient and save money is reasonable.... ppl let company settle not reasonable?

You got taxi driver contact number? Call him directly tell him that you have video evidence and better don't do anything funny and inflate the claim, tell him don't say never inform and give chance hor. If he later go inflate the claim, his dai ji and good luck to him.

u guys are weird.... seems like the main criteria to be a taxi driver is to be dishonest.... lol

TD had never call me.

Well, i'm already able to read his mind, cunning TD, which i will never let any TD get off in near future.

how is he cunning when he is just following procedure?? [confused][confused][confused]

• Praise 3

haben la bro...that time still 读书in poly nia...and this XMM is 7 years younger than me,,,

too bad nothing happened from there on, maybe she was too shocked still...now she already happily married... [laugh]

Your above red bold words prompt me to ask another [idea] important question [confused] : How you know she is very happy [gorgeous] ? You still seeing her and bring her to :o ...................... ? [sly]

100% TS fault. Since taxi don't want to settle privately , no choice LLST .

But at least got video evidence to show that it was only a minor kiss , so at least the taxi cannot inflate the claims on the damage , or subsequent medical claims such as whiplash and required 6 months MC.

Submit the video to your insurers and good luck.

bro minor kiss..confirm they will replace the whole bumper and u have to pay....

many people kena b4...just have to be careful next time

bro minor kiss..confirm they will replace the whole bumper and u have to pay....

many people kena b4...just have to be careful next time

Not only pay for bumper,Taxi driver's daily earning & rental as well [furious] .Some suckers wil even go & see doctor claimed neck & back pain...

Not only pay for bumper,Taxi driver's daily earning & rental as well [furious] .Some suckers wil even go & see doctor claimed neck & back pain...

yeah bro i agree...

after taxi go workshop , driver go for holiday...

not to make u angry...but

u hit taxi...taxi will hit jackpot...the amt claimed will be high....one day can claim loss of income up to a few hundred dollars when during a normal day want to hit $200 also very difficult...

a lesson learnt.... when buy ur own insurance pls buy with NCD protector.....

but i believe in karma...if anyone over inflate their clams...one day he will suffer...just wait for the day.....

↡ Advertisement