33 Singaporean Injured In Hokkaido

Picnic06-Biante15

So far, no report of any Singaporean killed .... :huh:

Both the drivers (bus & truck) died ...... R.I.P. [angel]

CNA news : 33 Singaporean tourists in Hokkaido accident, several injured

A truck and a tour bus with 33 Singaporeans on board collided in Hokkaido's Nanae Town, reports Japan's NHK.

HOKKAIDO, Japan: A number of Singaporeans have been injured in Japan after a truck and a tour bus collided in Hokkaido's Nanae Town.

According to a report on NHK, the drivers of both vehicles have died. There were 33 passengers on the tour bus, all of whom were Singaporeans.

The Hokkaido police said they received an emergency call at 9.43 am (8.43am Singapore time) on Thursday (Oct 23), regarding a head-on collision between a cargo vehicle and a large bus on National Route 5, a major highway on Hokkaido island.

The cause of the accident is currently under investigation. The Singaporean tourists will be questioned at Hakodate Central Police Station.

A spokesman from Hong Thai Travel Services in Singapore, which handled the tour, said several of the Singaporeans suffered sprains, but none sustained major injuries. He said that the company is contacting the tourists in Japan.

A representative from Hong Thai Travel Services will be flying to Japan to get more details on the situation, and the company is still investigating, he added.

link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/33-singaporean-tourists/1430534.html

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hong Thai? Are they also the one that involved in the Philippines bus hijack case?

I just confirmed it is Hong Thai again.

Haiz.....

I just confirmed it is Hong Thai again.

Haiz.....

Accident is heng suay one. Too bad it's Hong Thai all the time [sweatdrop]