Transfer of property in Singapore

Luckcent

Guys,

What are the fees for transferring ( changing owner names ) a property to your siblings ? Of course don't ask me to enquire from the lawyers hor.

↡ Advertisement

Guys,

What are the fees for transferring ( changing owner names ) a property to your siblings ? Of course don't ask me to enquire from the lawyers hor.

Need to pay stamp duties? I also don't know.

Errr... That's like asking how much the legal fee is without asking an actual lawyer?

Transfer within 4yrs will tio seller stamp duty. That is separate cost from hiring lawyer to do the transfer legal paperwork.

Turbocharged

A rough estimate will be 3% of the property's value consisting of stamp duties and legal fees. As another forumer has pointed out , if the property falls within the sellers stamp duty timeframe , there will be a separate charge.

Welcome to Singapore.

Guys,

they won't charge you for such enquiry... so just ask for a better picture that will help to clear your doubts.

anyway you won't get to talk to them directly at first too. don't think of them like one that you need to pay just to listen to their voice.

Guys,

Legal fees are the least of your worry, only a few grand.

Stamp duties will put you back at least one solid gold Rolex easily.

Whats the estimated value of the property?

Edited by Throttle2

Legal fees are the least of your worry, only a few grand.

Stamp duties will put you back at least one solid gold Rolex easily.

Whats the estimated value of the property?

Sorry, how to gauge the value ? So far neighbors have not transacted any.

You tell me location and land size and age , i tell you the estimated value

Using URA website, u could check the caveats for your neighbours who sold it recently. Else, use Property Guru for an agar-ation.

I reckon this is a new property if no neighbours have transacted? You can also ask for a bank loan and they can give u a valuation.

Seriously, technically, it is cumbersome to do it on your own. That's why we pay the lawyers.

Wah even transferring to siblings is still charged with stamp duty?

ABO THEN?! Heeerrhehe

Stamp duties on property transfers account for billions of dollars in tax revs

If i recall correctly, it forms the highest tax rev category.

Way past that of COEs....

Guys,

Assuming it's pte, 3% of price minus $5400. And dun think u can suka suka underdeclare price hor.

Lawyer fee cheep cheep $2.5-$3k onli nia. Even O-Level qualification agent comm$$ more than that.....

You can get a desktop evaluation done by the bank's evaluation contacts, might cost a little.

I subscribe to a paid real estate data svc, you can pm your apartment details and I can look it up. I can't grantee it will get anything but its worth a try?

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page.aspx?id=8996#Seller's%20Stamp%20Duty%20(SSD)%20for%20Residential%20Properties Just don't transfer within 4yrs of obtaining that property then you won't tio seller stamp duty isn't it? It's time to call IRAS on Monday...

But the "buyer" (his sibling) will tio the stamp duty. So you can run but you cant hide..... Wahahahahah