Which are your favorite SUVs / Crossovers?

Super7

I think that's a Cross Over ... The ground clearance is a bit low to classify as an SUV ...

We have floods here too ... 😂

Sgp has lots of jams, a suv can make U-turn illegally crossing over the divider kerb in a bad jam when other saloons cant!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

With the higher ground clearance, SUV/Crossover also has a higher change to survive flood.

I drove a rental Subaru VX in Hokkaido, it was a really great feeling to drive there - there were many narrow, winding paths and they were mostly gravel or dirt roads... I remembered driving along one such road uphill to a lake observatory point (and saw a fox in the wild along the way!)...

Just sharing as sometimes having a SUV does add to the fun of driving in some terrain, and inspires more confidence esp. if it rains as well.

However, above is hardly applicable in Singapore context - here you pay much more for less enjoyment, just saying ...

Anyone knows if this is also called S-Cross in sgp market?

I sat it in last time after we had bak kut teh at Rangoon Rd, still remember the power!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

no lah, "got sound but no go ley" [sly]

SUV is halfway between hardcore 4x4, jeep and stationwagon/estate

Crossover is one more step close to stationwagon/estate ie halfway between SUV and Stationwagon/estate?? Some brands just increase the ground clearance of their estate/wagon and call it a crossover!

Crossovers are usually, but not always, based on the platform of a sedan/wagon, whereas SUVs have stand-alone platfrom, not shared with the estate/wagon.

This just my layman interpretation.

Subaru:- the legacy outback can be considered the pioneer of crossover, the forestor is a SUV

Suzuki :- S-Cross = Crossover, Vitara = SUV

some say a crossover is a soft SUV, and a SUV is a soft off-roader / jeep

If I remember correctly, Suzuki Vitara comes with 4WD diff lock so can really go off road, Subaru Forester is only AWD without diff lock.

• Praise 2

I saw this at Boon Lay STA few months back.

It may look like a pickup truck, but it is as big as a 14 footer truck!

2011_Ford_F-250_XLT_--_07-10-2010.jpg

talking abt SUVs, yesterday i saw a huge black colored police armored truck... looks brand new n super rugged... v high ground clearance... anyone knows wat it is?

• Praise 1

Crossover is one more step close to stationwagon/estate ie halfway between SUV and Stationwagon/estate?? Some brands just increase the ground clearance of their estate/wagon and call it a crossover!

Crossovers are usually, but not always, based on the platform of a sedan/wagon, whereas SUVs have stand-alone platfrom, not shared with the estate/wagon.

Subaru:- the legacy outback can be considered the pioneer of crossover, the forestor is a SUV

You made a good point about the platform sharing for crossover... I always thought:

1) it should be based on size (eg. Audi Q3 is crossover, Q5 is SUV)

2) with crossover, the car is still mostly meant for tarmac roads and there is usually at least one non-4WD variant (this is true with Q3 as well)

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Tks so now vehicles also very fusion. Looks like a hatch but with higher grd clearance r called xover.

I saw this at Boon Lay STA few months back.

It may look like a pickup truck, but it is as big as a 14 footer truck!

2011_Ford_F-250_XLT_--_07-10-2010.jpg

This is huge!! Meant for American market. It may have a 6 or 7 litres V8 engine. Good for tradesmen. Or those who need it to tow a boat or caravan. Or just terrorise the neighborhood. Hahaha

If I remember correctly, Suzuki Vitara comes with 4WD diff lock so can really go off road, Subaru Forester is only AWD without diff lock.

Yes. Btw my bro had an old gen Suzuki Jimny before, he had to stop the car n engage diff lock manually thru something near the wheel hub.

S-Cross is Suzuki?

Suzuki-SX4-S-Cross.jpg

XV is Subaru?

Subaru-XV.jpg

Thanks. I've got them mixed up. Checked the S-Cross yesterday at AD showroom, it looks good. Two versions, AWD, or 2WD.

Supercharged

Thanks. I've got them mixed up. Checked the S-Cross yesterday at AD showroom, it looks good. Two versions, AWD, or 2WD.

Seems like you are seriously looking to upgrade your current ride. Or perhaps getting a second car for beach run ? [thumbsup][sly]

Sgp has lots of jams, a suv can make U-turn illegally crossing over the divider kerb in a bad jam when other saloons cant!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

nowadays most of SUVs FWD and equiped saloons' tyresonly, don't think it can cross over the divider kerb :D

Edited by Quantum

Seems like you are seriously looking to upgrade your current ride. Or perhaps getting a second car for beach run ? [thumbsup][sly]

Window shopping, high COE, not time to even think of buying [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I dont owe LTA that I have to pay such prices.

nowadays most of SUVs FWD and equiped saloons' tyresonly, don't think it can cross over the divider kerb :D

Upgrade!! but as long as the ground clearance is good, any tyre will do [laugh][thumbsup]

Yes. Btw my bro had an old gen Suzuki Jimny before, he had to stop the car n engage diff lock manually thru something near the wheel hub.

The Vitara has a another lever next to the Gear level to lock the diff.