Hemorrhoids - piles treatment

Fishy

I had undergone the surgery twice at Mount Elizabeth Novena. The post-recovery maybe painful if one does not drink sufficient fluid to pass soft bowel.

I recalled my dreadful experience whereby i did not drink enough water, and the experience was a killer; bec of the open wound, the bowel motion through the anus is akin to a knife cut on your open wound. I can recall how I perspired when gg for my post-treatment toilet runs.

Till date, i feel good. I wun be afraid of the piles popping out and prohibiting my movements or strenuous activities. The discomfort is temporal; maybe up to1 week with long-term benefits.

Just my humble sharing. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Try using a squat stool first. Hemorrhoids or piles is normally caused by strain at the anus. After using it for awhile, observe the condition. Use aloe vera or other stuff that can help reduce swelling. See if it helps. If after all these and it doesn't improve, better get it surgically removed. See: https://www.guidetogettingridofhemorrhoids.com/

NTUC sell Psyllium husk.  This is very high in fibre with no side effects.

Three teaspoons a day in a mug of water and plenty of water intake throughout the day may well help any pain with the piles she has.

In fact it may help so much surgery not required.

Long term then Sultana Bran cerial from Sheng Shiong is great.

I eat now daily because I love the taste.

Re posting this because Psyllium Husk should be tried by all have difficulty with bowel movements.

Very cheap per dose and easy to use.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 10/21/2018 at 9:43 PM, 1314travel said:

Hi all, 

I just like to share my experience and also as gratitude to the doc that have treated me.

I had friends who went under piles treatment - the western ways, surgery or ligation (banding) and they all had told me recovery was a living hell. 

I have piles since secondary school, it doesn't really bother me, no pain, infrequent blood and i can always "push" it back. However, over the years, it seems to have grown and it was harder to push them back even though i still don't feel pain or blood. But i am very conscious about having a "flower" lumps growing outside my rear though only my partner get to see them, i am still super conscious and i was concern that it will just keep growing and if i get older, it would be harder to go under knife or endure the living hell recovery stage for 2-3 weeks.

I googled extensively for local and overseas treatment that i can "avoid" sufferings and i came across tonyo medical hall from various forums, fb and decided to go for a consultation. Dr. Kong is old, but still very alert and very details during the initial consultation and examination. He told me that i have about 8 internal and external piles altogether but it is not the worst he has seen or treated and assured me that during the whole procedure i would only feel "ant bite" pain that last less than few seconds. I was skeptical of coz and the price he quoted is not cheap so i told him to let me consider.

I talked to friends that had their piles fixed and they told me they would pay that sum Dr kong quoted anytime over the living hell during their recovery via western medical ways. My gf who is a mum of 2 told me it was worse than her c-sec recovery and another guy friend (ex-commando) told me he literally wish he can turn back the clock and not do the surgery if he knew the recovery is gonna be so intense. 

So in less than a week after the 1st consultation with Dr. Koh, i decided to go along with the procedure, which was yesterday (yay, i am now sitting upright and typing this experience while it is fresh on my mind). Yesterday afternoon he managed to treat 6 out of my 8 piles and this morning i went back to do another 2 big ones. Reason why he can't do all in one is because of the position of the 2 huge piles are behind the 6 piles so he needs to get to the front piles first, shrink them in order to proceed to the 2 huge ones. 

Now for the procedure, it was like what he said.. "ant bite" for few seconds on each pile coz he has to apply the med to "control and stable" them before the proceed to tackle the "root" of the piles. Yup it sounded easy but the whole procedure for my 6 piles took over an hour yesterday, and the 2 huge piles took 30mins today.

I came home with no pain, just abit of "discomfort" as the piles have started shrinking in my ass... i checked my underwear, no blood or whatever so, coz nothing was being cut at all like what he said. He advise me to work from home next few days, don't be too active with my walking so to not irritate the piles as it continue shrinking and will eventually fall off. 

He gave me some cream to apply and also told me to do sitz bath with salt  (you can google that). Glad i bough the sitz bath from Qoo10 prior to the procedure, it will speed up the recovery so even though it is painless i wanna get the "discomfort" feeling out of the way so i can start running. 

I will share more the next few days on the recovery. 

how come the story stopped? painkiller wore off and paralysed from pain next day?

Anyone done Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty Procedure before? Is it more effective than rubber band method?  This was recommended by my doctor for treatment as he said less painful and heal faster. But no study on the long term effect yet as this is rather new procedure. Now deciding should I go for it, as right now it seems that running is aggravating my pile condition.

21 minutes ago, Ender said:

Anyone done Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty Procedure before? Is it more effective than rubber band method?  This was recommended by my doctor for treatment as he said less painful and heal faster. But no study on the long term effect yet as this is rather new procedure. Now deciding should I go for it, as right now it seems that running is aggravating my pile condition.

mine was stapled 15 yrs ago.

Day surgery, pain for almost a week but some only couple of days. 

It is usually the post-procedure whereby pain slice through the wound...unsure if laser procedure would reduce this pain..the traditional removal procedures, while effective, just scares me as the pain when passing motion really feels like slicing through your open wound....ouch, the thought of it scares me still.

• Haha! 1

On 11/10/2020 at 2:59 PM, Jman888 said:

mine was stapled 15 yrs ago.

Day surgery, pain for almost a week but some only couple of days. 

No wonder you keep telling me last time that you' have a pain in the arse. 

1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

No wonder you keep telling me last time that you' have a pain in the arse. 

I  blame the elites ... they gave all of us Hemorrhoids (foc somemore) 

😜

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1