Tengah New Town

Scion

Eh, don't be confused between Tengah new town and tengah airbase, they are totally different location.

Thanks for the update.. but the TNT residents will have hearing problem in no time... :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

Eh, don't be confused between Tengah new town and tengah airbase, they are totally different location.

If the new Tengah new town is build on the existing land of lim chu kang army training ground, then how come the new town name is not call lim chu kang? Tengah area thought should be somewhere near the tengah air base?

Not that same area ah? Sorry haven't seen the map...

Thanks for the update.. but the TNT residents will have hearing problem in no time... :wacko:

not as if the residents in Jurong not having the problem................this issue has been there for decades...............no different to residents at tengah NT anyway...............

If the new Tengah new town is build on the existing land of lim chu kang army training ground, then how come the new town name is not call lim chu kang? Tengah area thought should be somewhere near the tengah air base?

if go by the logic.............they sld name it "Area D new Town" liao lor.............in any case LCK is the bigger area.............Tengah is part of LCK............who knows they have plan for "neo tiew new town" as well..........and later form a LIM CHU KANG GRC leh........... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

I also didnt see the map..................but from pure memory..........the airbase is on the right of the main road................while the training area is on the left...............so higher chances of the residents can get an airbase view when they move in.............. [laugh] [laugh]

If you drive along Bukit Batok Road, you will see the entire stretch of jungle area. That is TNT.

I also didnt see the map..................but from pure memory..........the airbase is on the right of the main road................while the training area is on the left...............so higher chances of the residents can get an airbase view when they move in.............. [laugh] [laugh]

That won't happen bro... Tengah is a full military base so they won't let anyone look inside...

If you drive along Bukit Batok Road, you will see the entire stretch of jungle area. That is TNT.

Huh that's Tengah?

I learn something new today...

bro..............bukit batok road towards bukit panjiang???....................those on the left belongs to bulim estate leh...........that area link up upper jurong road to hillview area via bukit batok road leh...........

TNT is LCK area D training area ............opp tong ho market that place leh...........how you link them up???............

That won't happen bro... Tengah is a full military base so they won't let anyone look inside...

Huh that's Tengah?

I learn something new today...

now i wonder how high will the buildings be..................max 14 floors high???............ [laugh] [laugh]

actually i dont understand how did tengah get link to bukit batok............I know from neo tiew can link to sugei kadut via krangi.............and link up to bukit batok via the new road...............

but bukit batok road and tengah???............

Yup, the patch of green (on google maps view) stands out like a sore thumb... developers are salivating for sure...

It's too bad this is near my area, and I've been enjoying the quiet and unobstructed view all these years. Now at that corner of bukit batok road, an international school has sprung up, followed recently by massive works to build HDB housing blocks... it really suprised me that the flats are being built surrounding the school (residents will get a good view of their pool and playing field), and right up to the shell petrol station at the corner!!

Like many, I also wonder for whom are all these homes being built for, and in the first place, do we really need all these people. [confused]

With high-rise HDBs (Skyline 1 and 2) coming up quickly, in between jurong east and bukit batok towns... I can foresee that the bukit batok road-jurong town hall road will be super jammed; not even thinking about the crowd at the already overcrowded jurong east mrt station. Good luck!! [crazy][dead]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

OT abit

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/pm-lee-singapore-fully-accepts-tribunals-decision

boleh is so special that they dun need to pay development charges... pretty obvious when it comes to bilateral issues, who is really in charge...

Relax.

The real prize is removing the railway corridor, not some development charge. .. That's just extra dessert.

There are people up north who would gladly reverse everything if they can.

Singapore Malaysia ties worth much more than a billion dollars.

And by saying we follow law. . It will come in handy in future disputes.

• Praise 3

Tarzan's get ready. . .

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/tengah-the-first-hdb-town-since-punggol-to-have-forest-fringe-car-free-town-centre

SINGAPORE - Singapore's newest Housing Board town, Tengah, will be set apart by its rich greenery and sustainable features, with the first flats there to be launched in 2018.

As part of Singapore's efforts to go car-lite, all roads in Tengah will have dedicated walking and cycling paths on both sides.

Tengah will also boast Singapore's first car-free town centre, set in lush parkland and with traffic running underneath the town centre.

Bounded by Kranji Expressway, the Pan-Island Expressway, Brickland Road and Bukit Batok Road, the Tengah area today is largely forest and scrubland. But it will eventually contain 42,000 new homes: 30,000 units of public housing and 12,000 units of private housing.

• Praise 2

Tarzan's get ready. . .

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/tengah-the-first-hdb-town-since-punggol-to-have-forest-fringe-car-free-town-centre

SINGAPORE - Singapore's newest Housing Board town, Tengah, will be set apart by its rich greenery and sustainable features, with the first flats there to be launched in 2018.

As part of Singapore's efforts to go car-lite, all roads in Tengah will have dedicated walking and cycling paths on both sides.

Tengah will also boast Singapore's first car-free town centre, set in lush parkland and with traffic running underneath the town centre.

Bounded by Kranji Expressway, the Pan-Island Expressway, Brickland Road and Bukit Batok Road, the Tengah area today is largely forest and scrubland. But it will eventually contain 42,000 new homes: 30,000 units of public housing and 12,000 units of private housing.

car free town center seems funny to me.

How are the shops going to move their goods in?

Still need parking for vans and loading bay right.

Hahaha

For Goods vehicles only

Good good!!!!! :XD:

Use helicopter to bring in goods.

• Praise 2