Appeal for witnesses for accident at Havelock Road 30/10/14

The_Bear

I am posting this appeal for witness on behalf of @sgcmlycan. Hopefully someone who has witnessed or recording of the event can step forward and render assistance.

Hi,

Is there anyway that I can create a post in this forum to check if anyone managed to capture the video of the cab hitting me and left the scene without helping me?

I am a motorcyclist riding to work yesterday afternoon.

After exiting CTE, towards Havelock exit at about 12:40PM 30/10/2014. Shortly after the ERP Gantry, a comfort cab tries to filter to my lane from the right but he got too close. As the traffic was heavy, the vehicle in-front of me had to brake and I had to brake too. Here was where the cab drive hit my bike from the side and caused me to drop my motorcycle. I was expecting him to stop at the side to render assistance but he chose to drive off. I was in shock for a while when the public came to my assistance to lift up my motorcycle and also advised me to catch up with the cab on foot(as the traffic light was red). I tried running to the front but before I do, the light turns green and the cab drove off. A nice driver shouted the plate number across the road but the number turns out to be invalid. I have already made police report and now I can only hope that someone actually captured what really happened so that I can submit it the police. I believe hit and run drivers should be taken off the road.

Kindly advise me on how can I ask for witness in this forum.

Thank you so much.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

I am posting this appeal for witness on behalf of @sgcmlycan. Hopefully someone who has witnessed or recording of the event can step forward and render assistance.

So kind hearted, tall and dark. I will tackle you if I'm a girl. Heck I'm ready to turn g a y for you 😂

Bump for the one who needs assistance anyway

• Praise 3

Let's keep this thread up so that if anyone happen to have witnessed the incident .................please step forward.......... [bounce2] [bounce2]

• Praise 5

So kind hearted, tall and dark. I will tackle you if I'm a girl. Heck I'm ready to turn g a y for you 😂

Bump for the one who needs assistance anyway

you not gay liao meh............ [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

Thank you Bavarian for helping me out.

Just to update the case, I posted the same story at Singapore Reckless Driver.

One helpful member, William Lee was suggesting that I might have heard the number wrongly.

I told him what I hear which was SHA 7227 F.

He used a check sum and found out that the last letter is supposed to be S

SHA 7227 S.

i tried calling the IO for this case but he didn't pick up.

Right now I just hoped that someone captured the video and can send it to me or something.

Fingers crossed.

• Praise 5

What cab was it? Report to the cab company who can track the driver. Also, most cabs are now equipped with car cams and since this incident is still fresh, the company may be able to retrieve the video recording.

Got to act fast to hope for some favourable assistance from the cab company while waiting for a kind soul who can come forward as a witness and/or with video recording of the incident.

Hope you will receive appropriate justice for the unfortunate incident.

One helpful member, William Lee was suggesting that I might have heard the number wrongly.

SHA 7227 S.

Right now I just hoped that someone captured the video and can send it to me or something.

Fingers crossed.

• Praise 7

SHA 7227 S.

Fingers crossed.

hit and run is serious case..............and usually "F" and "S" can be confusing..........

anyway............if he hit you by the side.............for sure there are marks on his left side door.........cannot siam I think.......

Have you gone to to doctor???...........how are you and your bike??...........

• Praise 8

Call Comfort and log in your report asap. Good luck and hope you recover soon. If I see the cab on the road, I'll update also if I see any damage.

• Praise 4

Today I drove a truck and the teksi driver not happy I managed to filter in front of him and what did he do? He pointed the third finger to me when I allowed him to overtake me. Few days ago, a teksi driver squirt his water onto my car when he was horned for abruptly cutting into my lane to pick a passenger. Little wonder why many dislike teksi drivers.

How I wish victim was driving a Tua Lori
Teksi lah can crash all he wants [laugh]

• Praise 4

Keeping this thread alive in the hope that some witness made read

and come forward. Hv a nice weekend to all!!!

Helping to keep this thread alive.

Have a great weekend to you too bro.

:D

• Praise 8

I have a appeal for witness too. just too new in the forum to start a new topic and not sure where I can go to report this. here's my story

On 29th Oct at 07:19, I was fetching my son to school in the morning. Along Holland Road going towards Orchard (near Esso Station), I was travelling on the middle lane going straight. On the left lane, there was several cars stopped along due to some harzard. Suddenly, a Silver BMW decided not to wait and swing out from the left lane towards the middle lane and hit the side of my car. As I could not stop in time, I drove and parked along the side and took down the drivers particulars. She was apologetic and advised we should go get our car fix with our car workshop. I drove to Kah Motors and did that. A few days after, to my shocked did I realized through Kah Motors that she went to her insurance company and filed that I was the one that hit her in the front by swinging into her lane and she is now claiming her damages against me!!!! Pls help!!!
I'm a housewife driving a Honda Jazz and shés a Doctor driving a BMW. To think that a rich person and a Doctor who is suppose to save life with integrity to fabricate what happened and not own up for mistake so that she can save on $ for repair which she could easily afford?
I'm appealing for witness. On that day, there's many cars stopping along there and right in front of Esso station. I hope someone will standup for justice.
Edited by dtpc
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

I have a appeal for witness too. just too new in the forum to start a new topic and not sure where I can go to report this. here's my story

On 29th Oct at 07:19, I was fetching my son to school in the morning. Along Holland Road going towards Orchard (near Esso Station), I was travelling on the middle lane going straight. On the left lane, there was several cars stopped along due to some harzard. Suddenly, a Silver BMW decided not to wait and swing out from the left lane towards the middle lane and hit the side of my car. As I could not stop in time, I drove and parked along the side and took down the drivers particulars. She was apologetic and advised we should go get our car fix with our car workshop. I drove to Kah Motors and did that. A few days after, to my shocked did I realized through Kah Motors that she went to her insurance company and filed that I was the one that hit her in the front by swinging into her lane and she is now claiming her damages against me!!!! Pls help!!!

I'm a housewife driving a Honda Jazz and shés a Doctor driving a BMW. To think that a rich person and a Doctor who is suppose to save life with integrity to fabricate what happened and not own up for mistake so that she can save on $ for repair which she could easily afford?

I'm appealing for witness. On that day, there's many cars stopping along there and right in front of Esso station. I hope someone will standup for justice.

Sry to hear abt ur accident.

Hope u had filed a report besides gettg ur own car fixed.

Moving forward, do spend some $ n install car camera.

Ehm, not sure if putting on Stomp will help.

• Praise 2

upon impact, you must stop immediately and take pix of where the impact was made and how was the car positioned. Failing to do so its your words against hers.

Supercharged

upon impact, you must stop immediately and take pix of where the impact was made and how was the car positioned. Failing to do so its your words against hers.

Bro, go soft on her.

She sendg kids to sch. Accident sure panic then need to send kids to sch, sure abit lost.

My neighbour once told me he changed lanes without checking blind spot n so collided with another car.

He was ok n so was the other driver. He immediately owned up that he was at fault, told the other driver that he would be reporting to his insurance on this.

When he reached the insurance co. and informed them exactly what happened, the insurance co. told him that they would know what to do. He was contacted later by the other driver who chastised him for not owning up despite what he said cos apparently my neighbour's insurance co. challenged the version of events and now pinning the blame on the other driver. My neighbour was furious and scolded his insurance co. but was told that he had no say in this. I actually found it hard to believe his story but he swore it was the truth.

My brother was also involve in a separate accident where the other car beat the red light n collided into him n like the above the story was changed and in the end it was 50/50 liability.

Looks like insurance companies are the devils in disguise based on the 2 incidents I know so maybe this incident the doc insurance co did the same??

Edited by Spring
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4