Hybrid - Toyota prius

Obscurest

Hybrid car although the OMV is high.. but u will be getting around 35% of the OMV mention.. its different from what a normal car is getting which is 55%.. so would be around 8~9k base on a 25K OMV for hybrid.... stream is a nice car.. with a better suspension (double wishbone/multi link).. toyota model using torsion beam / individual coil.. i believe only the Toyota Auris could make it.. & they share the same platform as Lexus CT200

This is really true..

When I tell my friend about the car FC when they ask, they will give u all sort of nonsense when they heard the FC is incredibly low.

Nonsense like...

1. batt will die very fast la..

2. batt die liao, need a lot of money to replace. so back to square.

3. u need to 'pay' the CEVS. so back to square.

4. the car is underpower, expensive and small..

But seriously, in my mind, these nonsense just plain excuses for them to bring down the car.

I don't think I should impress them with my car, as long as the car impress me will do.

Those Prius owners will truly know the strength of this car.

Your friends are not wrong. Its true that the battery does not last long especially in our hot tropical country. It will degrade faster compare to temperate climate country.

If its really need replacement, one time replacement will wipe out all the savings from petrol.

With our coe system and 10 years cert,buying hybrid does not make much economical sense. Maybe you like the design of the car who knows

Your friends are not wrong. Its true that the battery does not last long especially in our hot tropical country. It will degrade faster compare to temperate climate country.

If its really need replacement, one time replacement will wipe out all the savings from petrol.

With our coe system and 10 years cert,buying hybrid does not make much economical sense. Maybe you like the design of the car who knows

Maybe you start commenting about the battery after you have bought the car. <_<

Maybe you start commenting about the battery after you have bought the car. <_<

For this model of car no need to buy, stand at the taxi stand you can find and have the feel of it already :)

• Dislike 1

For this model of car no need to buy, stand at the taxi stand you can find and have the feel of it already :)

So what do you think about the taxi then?

does the battery fails when yr butts is in it?

Edited by L23

So what do you think about the taxi then?

does the battery fails when yr butts is in it?

Nah, i doubt i am so lucky. I believe the chances of the battery failing when your butts is in it are higher coz you own and drive one lol

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

So what if it fails? Can change a new one FOC who cares? There are tonnes of Toyota hybrid all over the world that have worst condition than us.

Do a research before you challenge Toyota Hybrid, millions sold but not much complaint on the battery.

• Praise 3

Nah, i doubt i am so lucky. I believe the chances of the battery failing when your butts is in it are higher coz you own and drive one lol

I think you should only comment based on facts and personal experience. No offence.

• Praise 2

Just wondering... Prius C is no longer on sale at BM?

Could be due to the fact that the facelifted model is due to come in soon.

Read somewhere it will be in Cat B though... that will make it very poor value.

Which no ball humji kia, dislike with anonymous ah? dislike also want to hide your identity Typical keyboard warrior. If can ask your father mother dislike also. Childish

• Dislike 4

I see the Prius C back on Borneo's website.

It still looks like a Cat A COE. They are advestising it with a $20K CO2 rebate.

I think this car will qualify for the $30K rebate from mid year.
Assuming you can stomach the horrible scrap value at the end of the COE, this car to me makes more sense than a Vios or Altis (space and look considerations aside) as is fully equipped.

7 airbags! ABS, stability control, cruise control, GPS/DVD, hill assist, traction control!.... Still hate the back side though...

It still looks like a Cat A COE. They are advestising it with a $20K CO2 rebate.

Assuming you can stomach the horrible scrap value at the end of the COE, this car to me makes more sense than a Vios or Altis (space and look considerations aside) as is fully equipped.

7 airbags! ABS, stability control, cruise control, GPS/DVD, hill assist, traction control!.... Still hate the back side though...

From a CO2 emission, it qualify the $30k rebate. However, there is a rule that you have to pay a minimum of $5k in ARF. In the last round, the OMV is $23,578. Therefore, you will not get $30k rebate, only about $20k. With a $5k in ARF, the PARF will be $2.5k at scrap.

Went to see the Borneo website and I realized that the battery is now nickel-metal Hydride. I thought that the previous model used Lithium Ion? Any difference? The new model looks more sleek though. Nice car for a young couple with no kids.

during my recent trip to Japan, saw A LOT of Toyota AQUA. that's the JDM version of Prius C. To be fair, the car is really small but very slick looking. Test drove the earlier Prius C from BM and i must say am impressed with the performance from such a small car.

The golden question, PIs cars are generally much cheaper than ADs. To be fair, i have own three ADs cars and rather apprehensive on going to PIs.

Any input or even drivers of previous PIs's hybrid? Some hybrid do have issue and were recalled. Such as the Vezel Hybrid. Will PIs cover recalls by manufacturer?

during my recent trip to Japan, saw A LOT of Toyota AQUA. that's the JDM version of Prius C. To be fair, the car is really small but very slick looking. Test drove the earlier Prius C from BM and i must say am impressed with the performance from such a small car.

The golden question, PIs cars are generally much cheaper than ADs. To be fair, i have own three ADs cars and rather apprehensive on going to PIs.

Any input or even drivers of previous PIs's hybrid? Some hybrid do have issue and were recalled. Such as the Vezel Hybrid. Will PIs cover recalls by manufacturer?

My suggestion is that you can rent a Prius C from Smove to see if it suits your needs. I did that and was really tempted to get a Prius C at the end of last year, but due to family needs, I got a MPV instead. Was enquiring about the Vezel Hybrid at the end of last year at one of the PI dealers(in fact, the only dealer I think) about the recall. The boss told me that the recalls were only for the earlier versions of Vezel which was not available and the recall was to simply upgrade the software to optimize the battery, not hardware. The ones sold since then were the ones which had rectification done. I also enquired about the process should recalls still be needed. She told me that should there be a recall, their supplier in Japan will send them the upgrade kit and they will arrange for the rectification in one of the workshops in Singapore. As I didn't commit to buying, I could not ask for the assurance in black and white.

There is also one private workshop that specializes in dealing with hybrid cars. Think you can find from the sgcarmart directory.

↡ Advertisement