What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Coe has been on hovering 70k plus and nobody know when it will drop and new car and used car (2L and above) price is still very expensive to certain people even for 2L and below

for those who currently own a car now and the coe going to expire soon and caught in the middle of buying new or used car

but if the currently own car (2L and above) is in good condition and have been service regularly, will be make sense to renew it if just paying 70k plus for the next 10 years as the new/ used car depreciation is above 10k and above for a 2L car

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

last month reported in AsiaOne that thy are more than 100,000 motorists are in the group of people whose cars are due to be scrapped or renew for another 5 years, and thy are pros and cons too, so God know Coe will be still hovering are 60K to 70+K,

LTA WILL NOT REVEAL any information, much to everyone dismay and tension, even used car association can't recall a time when the hot topic will come around, LTA will only say, let's wait and see further down the road, it's 1-1 exchange for old for new car. [dead]

If one has decides to renew to another 5 years, you lose ALL the Parf value and need to pay half the Coe price in cash, ( no loan here ) , no justification as LTA only sucks up the COE and GST part, the rest i do not want to hear as it's another topic on petrol agenda. . . Oil cartel at play as the Oil barrel drop prices, the cartels drop few cents of up 10cts, drop 0.03 cts for motorists. [hur]

Q is worth the effort to renew Coe for another 5 years ( provided if one regularly maintain our existing car in tip-top condition ),

let's say your loved your metal car so much that you're gonna to search your spare part in Old Klang or Penang for your vintage Saab or Merc car, then that is another stories altogether.

Coe has been on hovering 70k plus and nobody know when it will drop and new car and used car (2L and above) price is still very expensive to certain people even for 2L and below

for those who currently own a car now and the coe going to expire soon and caught in the middle of buying new or used car

but if the currently own car (2L and above) is in good condition and have been service regularly, will be make sense to renew it if just paying 70k plus for the next 10 years as the new/ used car depreciation is above 10k and above for a 2L car

merc clk

bmw 6

merc slk

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I am of the opinion that the higher the car's OMV , the more worthwhile it is to renew . Reason being , a SIMILIAR new car now with a high OMV will be subjected to the tiered ARF of 140% and 180% . Yes, you forgo more Parf rebate if your OMV is higher , but then again if you buy a SIMILIAR new car , you are being subjected to more taxes.

One should renew for 10 years instead of 5 so that the "forgone parf rebate" is spread over 10 yrs instead of 5 .

• Praise 15

Honda, Toyota, Merc,

Evo 9, E46 M3, GD WRX, Accord Euro-R. I think these models would age well. They're the types that would look good and fit in even after 10-15 years past their EOL. Resale value for these will rocket if they had their coe renewed mostly due to enthusiast and collectors demand. There's not much time till these cars join the higher ranks of the RX7, Skyline, Silvia etc. By then, the desirability would double or maybe triple simply because you can't get them anymore. Very much like limited edition rolexes.

• Praise 5

Looking at the news of car population hitting the 1mil mark what do you think the authorities will do? We dun have so many roads and yet the car population keep rising? This will make car ownership redundant.

I think the price has more or less stabilised provided this is the number(car population) that the authorities want to maintain and not want it to rise anymore.

Probaly Japan car more worth renew compare to conti due to lower repair parts and durability

And also where to take loan for the Coe if provider

Utlimately, believe Coe loan is also an issue to consider too

• Praise 1

One should renew for 10 years instead of 5 so that the "forgone parf rebate" is spread over 10 yrs instead of 5 .

Totally agree with this.

Totally agree with this.

Also, if you renew 10 years, at the end of it, you can still renew for the second time, ie 21 - 30 years after first registration.

If renew five years, must scrap your car at the end of this five years.

Though for most people I think it may be hard to renew the second time.

A car lover and you drive the same car for 30 years?

你不是白白的活了吗?

• Praise 4

last month reported in AsiaOne that thy are more than 100,000 motorists are in the group of people whose cars are due to be scrapped or renew for another 5 years, and thy are pros and cons too, so God know Coe will be still hovering are 60K to 70+K,

LTA WILL NOT REVEAL any information, much to everyone dismay and tension, even used car association can't recall a time when the hot topic will come around, LTA will only say, let's wait and see further down the road, it's 1-1 exchange for old for new car. [dead]

what info r u expecting frm LTA?
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Evo 9, E46 M3, GD WRX, Accord Euro-R. I think these models would age well. They're the types that would look good and fit in even after 10-15 years past their EOL. Resale value for these will rocket if they had their coe renewed mostly due to enthusiast and collectors demand. There's not much time till these cars join the higher ranks of the RX7, Skyline, Silvia etc. By then, the desirability would double or maybe triple simply because you can't get them anymore. Very much like limited edition rolexes.

I like these choices , but am a little sceptical about Evo9 and Wrx which are TC . TC engine blocks and pistons undergo a much higher stress than NA so it may not last 20 yrs , depending on how its driven.

For sure I will not renew small capacity engines which are twincharged to way over 100bhp per litre ; eg a golf GT 1.4 charged to 170 bhp , or maybe even a 2L A45 AMG charged to 360 bhp.

From engine durability point of view , diesel is the best candidate , followed by NA , then supercharged / turbocharged.

KNN lah, you guys again all talk only...heeeheee...

I have done it personally.

Just renewed my COE for 10yrs.

No consideration required. Pay and f**k off...i mean drive off....

Muayhahahahah

Probaly Japan car more worth renew compare to conti due to lower repair parts and durability

And also where to take loan for the Coe if provider

Utlimately, believe Coe loan is also an issue to consider too

Brother , next time you renew a cheap Jap car at $70k coe for me to see first ok?

I like these choices , but am a little sceptical about Evo9 and Wrx which are TC . TC engine blocks and pistons undergo a much higher stress than NA so it may not last 20 yrs , depending on how its driven.

For sure I will not renew small capacity engines which are twincharged to way over 100bhp per litre ; eg a golf GT 1.4 charged to 170 bhp , or maybe even a 2L A45 AMG charged to 360 bhp.

From engine durability point of view , diesel is the best candidate , followed by NA , then supercharged / turbocharged.

Which is why I chose the Evo IX and Rex, their EJ and 4G63 engines are tried and tested for almost 30 years and are easy to find on top of that [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

quite sure i would be extending my lau pok car COE for the 2nd time by 2016. this time, the COE premium is my only costs for a car (except road tax, insurance and petrol).

10422032_10204485512591068_6302638761753

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8