What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Twincharged

if renew for another 10 years, what parts should be changed for preventive maintenance purposes?

Just go for servicing regularly, and changed based on what the manufacturer recommends. Just because the car hit 10 years doesn't mean it needs to be overhauled. Remember we only scrap 10 year old cars because the govt set the law that way, it doesn't mean 10 year old cars need special treatment if they have been maintained properly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

To improve your driving experience, gotta start changing those imperfections which you have been tolerating for some times.. Aircon not cold, shock absorbers, engine mounts, torn leather seats, etc. But make up your mind to renew first.

Edited by Optramagnum
  • Praise 1

Personally, if the mileage of car has reached 200k km, i will:

Overhaul auto trans, overhaul engine if burning oil, water pump n radiator change, service aircond system, check engine mounting, front n rear suspension, brakes, hoses, change tyres.....

Then only i will enjoy the car for the extended period of coe....trouble free driving......

I have a rigourous maintenance schedule tats y my coe paid cars seldom caused problems

So far.......

My truck 300k Liao

Everything also change except engine and body [laugh]

• Praise 3

COE for my Civic is up next year. Intend to renew for either 5 years or 10 years. But renew 5 years mean cannot renew further later on.

Please advise me. Would I lose much if I renew 10 years first, and sell the car 5 years later (ie. left 5 more years to drive)?

Thanks a million.

Renew 10years is better

If for some reason, COE plunge to $2 and you want to scrap your car and buy a new one, you will not lose out anything more than a car that renewed for 5years.

You have the added flexibility to drive beyond that 5 and 10years.

• Praise 2

Actually, COE can renew anytime, it does not mean that you can only renew at the end of the cycle.

So, for those who got the 78K COE, now is the time renew COE lor.

There is however, a small penalty, you lost the PARF for that car.  And the rebate rate is capped at 80%.

Not sure if you can renew COE while on loan.

Renew 10years is better

If for some reason, COE plunge to $2 and you want to scrap your car and buy a new one, you will not lose out anything more than a car that renewed for 5years.

You have the added flexibility to drive beyond that 5 and 10years.

• Praise 1

Actually, COE can renew anytime, it does not mean that you can only renew at the end of the cycle.

There is however, a small penalty, you lost the PARF for that car.  And the rebate rate is capped at 80%.

If I renew 10 yrs COE, say $50k. and decided to scrap after 5 years.

Do I get back the remaining COE ($25k) or 80% of $25k?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There is however, a small penalty, you lost the PARF for that car. And the rebate rate is capped at 80%.

Very expensive exercise:

You'd forgo the unused portion of your 78K COE and your PARF.

Maybe better to scrap, get back your COE and PARF, and buy a new car.

• Praise 1

why do you want to sell at a lower price when if you scrap you would get back $63k as COE refund?

Same example, if 1 year ago renewed at 70k, can I renew a fresh 10 years at 45k now n get back 63k? If can how many times can do this when coe falling trend? Any difference to road tax, insurance, inspection betw 1st n 2nd time coe renewal?
  • Praise 1

Same example, if 1 year ago renewed at 70k, can I renew a fresh 10 years at 45k now n get back 63k? If can how many times can do this when coe falling trend? Any difference to road tax, insurance, inspection betw 1st n 2nd time coe renewal?

FIrst time coe renewal u will forgo ur PARF. 2nd time renewal has no impact.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Don't think you will save any $... ssentially, you will forgo the 63K, and would have paid 45k to extend your car's lifespan by another year... And not forgetting the parf you had given up to renew the car's COE 1 year back.

Edited by Aukang
  • Praise 3

Wow. You very smart.

Yes. You should do that immediately. Monday quickly go down sin ming

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Renew early, no refund for the remaining COE. The refund for remaining COE is only for scrap.

• Praise 2

And I think if you renew Coe after one year on the $70k Coe, you will start paying higher rd tax 10% rise per year (it will go up to 150%).

Of course this rd tax rise is nothing compares to losing $63k on existing Coe and having to pay another $45k for new Coe

• Praise 1

I doubt this can be done.. I believe rebate is when you decided to deregister eventually, hypothesis like this had been already worked out before this rule was established....

once again brothers, it's a Lose-Lose for owners like us.... ;-)

• Praise 1

Brothers, correction, should be PQP for May which considered average of Feb, Mar and April PQ.

So meaning can still wait for one more month...

factoring in june pqp, may is still the cheapest. good for bros renewing coe in may or june [scholar]

Renew early, no refund for the remaining COE. The refund for remaining COE is only for scrap.

yup. i renewed in june. current coe only expired on 18 june, so that 18 days got makan by LTA.

not like passport, ICA will give u back the remaining days :mellow:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2