What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

A Getz 1.1 is worth renewing.

You forgo PARF of 5.5k over the next 10 years or $550 a year.

After 15 years your road tax will go to 150% or same tax as a1.6l car.

Parts are cheap, you can also use Kia Picanto engine parts as well as Getz parts.

And if you should crash or total your car, you take back the unused COE.

If your PARF is 50 or 60k and you total your car how much will you lose?

:D

• Praise 4

just look at sgcarmart. you will see what cars in the past have been renewed. For regular cars,(not talking about porsches and ferraris) and you will notice that most of the COE renewed mercedes are still able to move in the market as well as Toyotas and Civics. For the rest of the bunch, you can see that some take ages to resell. So renew wisely, at least if you want to resell, you still can get rid of the car, rather than scrap it.

• Praise 2

Wondering Camry , accord , civic , altis consider cheap jap car to renew COE?

If not, which jap car consider not 'cheap' ' ??

Or for economics scale, renew lower CC car for cheaper depre??

Supercharged

I believed Top Gear did test horsepower of afew 10yrs old supercar (iirc) n found a drop in Hp.

For those who gone n did it, did yr ride exhibit same condition. If so, how did u resolve this issue?

A Getz 1.1 is worth renewing.

You forgo PARF of 5.5k over the next 10 years or $550 a year.

After 15 years your road tax will go to 150% or same tax as a1.6l car.

Parts are cheap, you can also use Kia Picanto engine parts as well as Getz parts.

And if you should crash or total your car, you take back the unused COE.

If your PARF is 50 or 60k and you total your car how much will you lose?

Agree. It is safer to renew low PARF cars which has lower maintenance costs (+ parts availability) as well as lower risk if car is totalled. B&B cars like Getz, Vios, Swift 1.5M, Altis, Colt 1.5 could be potential candidates since their FC is quite low too. I see Vios and Colt as top candidates - heard some people have no problem with them in their 10 years ownership and parts are relatively cheap and plenty (many stockist carry them).

They are also some cars which are quite special/rare as they are already EOL (ie. MRS, S2K). If getting parts is not a problem then renewing them is also feasible. However, their OMV is much higher (~$28K and $40K respectively). Higher end ones like CLK Cab and SLK will also get renewed but at much higher risks and parts will not come cheap.

• Praise 2

I guess it depends which way one wants to look at it.

Low omv means after renewal, we are looking at lower dep/yr .

Higher omv means more "worth it" if we compare with similar new cars with similar omv.

Jap car - usually less money spent on maintenance n repairs, esp toyotas n hondas.

Conti - more comfortable n lux but maybe more on repair parts and reliabilty not as good? Merz n bmw

Unless one buy a car to put in garage or for collection, then road worthiness and reliability will be very important to most of us.

For me, if i have to renew, i will take low omv jap make (lower the dep) , 2l and below ( road tax consideration) , 10 yrs renewal (spread out the dep/yr) on a car that i have driven for sometime and know that it is good and reliable and will be sufficient to serve your family needs for the new 10 years.

• Praise 3

The only reason people want to renew COE is to save money

unless its a collector's car. If people had a lot of money no point renewing

just buy a new car. So its probably better to renew a low PARF car

with lots of parts available.

• Praise 1

Why renew if the depreciation is comparable with new cars? Especially for bread and butter car.

Only make sense to me if renew for 5 years due to cash flow problem.

Performance rides like type r or evolution seems more worth it, since to get anything near their performance in new cars is very expensive.

• Praise 1

just look at sgcarmart. you will see what cars in the past have been renewed. For regular cars,(not talking about porsches and ferraris) and you will notice that most of the COE renewed mercedes are still able to move in the market as well as Toyotas and Civics. For the rest of the bunch, you can see that some take ages to resell. So renew wisely, at least if you want to resell, you still can get rid of the car, rather than scrap it.

SGcarmart mostly r those car dealer renew coe so is common to see toyota n honda as is easy to sell.

I think TS means is car owner himself.

If the car is good,no major accident or whatever,so is worth to renew.

If there is alot of coe car on the road,there will be alot of those spare part in the market,demand n supply.

• Praise 1

Why renew if the depreciation is comparable with new cars? Especially for bread and butter car.

Only make sense to me if renew for 5 years due to cash flow problem.

Performance rides like type r or evolution seems more worth it, since to get anything near their performance in new cars is very expensive.

care to share which BnB model buy new and coe renewal have the same depreciation ?

• Praise 1

Wondering Camry , accord , civic , altis consider cheap jap car to renew COE?

If not, which jap car consider not 'cheap' ' ??

Or for economics scale, renew lower CC car for cheaper depre??

Camry, the chinese businessman Merc, shd be the one. Reliable, parts are available and easy to sell off.

Any model is worth renewing if

1} You are the only owner.

2) Your car is well maintain.

3) Low mileage.

4) You fixed in many features in your car and you don't want to waste.

5) You buy your car when it just launch( at least you can find part easily for the next five year)

6) You don't want to spent $130K+ for a car just for 10yr.

7) You don't have 60-70k down payment.

8) You love your car.

• Praise 2

Nowadays dun need spend 130k for a new car. basic models cost about 95K

Any model is worth renewing if

1} You are the only owner.

2) Your car is well maintain.

3) Low mileage.

4) You fixed in many features in your car and you don't want to waste.

5) You buy your car when it just launch( at least you can find part easily for the next five year)

6) You don't want to spent $130K+ for a car just for 10yr.

7) You don't have 60-70k down payment.

8) You love your car.

• Praise 1