What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

sorry, i heard from fren that the law has changed to 5 years is renewable now?

i'm not sure if is true or not.

TIA

Your fren is half correct. 5 years is renewable but this rule only applicable to commercial vehicles.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

maybe Singaporeans only like new car...very sad. [crazy]

287a_zps0c976ac3.jpg

Heh heh , ya I like this. Heard that pilots like to buy this car , donno whether true.

And the rear looks just like the head of our MRT train.

For me I plan to renew COE because if I buy a new car that is equivalent to my current car, I will need to fork out at least extra $30k as compared to renewing COE for current car. And I prefer to renew COE rather than get a second hand car because my car is reliable and I know it has no problems. Furthermore, I drive very little so mileage is still very low and I am sure it will last another 10 years easily.

If your case warrants for COE renewal after weighing the options, by all means. I'm just saying it will be beneficial to all if more people opt to recycle their COE otherwise prices will only stay high if quota remains low.

Hope more people can see from this perspective. For me I'm prepared to downgrade to a more basic car to recycle my COE next year.

my humble take is that everyone will be looking after his own good, no one will be looking at the "greater good".

Even if we all take your "advice" and do it for the greater good, one tiny policy tweak by the incumbent gov/lta elites will result in the COE to remain high for donkey years.

You are absolutely right, that's hope politicians always win by capitalising on human weakness. Like it or not we are all born selfish (no offence intended).

Just want to offer a different perspective and hopefully convince those sitting on the fence.

• Praise 2

im surprise nobody mention mx5...especially those NA and NBs

This is a hidden gem, not many people know it's true worth as a driver's car. My sister and bro drive one each at one time.

This is a hidden gem, not many people know it's true worth as a driver's car. My sister and bro drive one each at one time.

which series? NA ? NB? NC? ND is nice though...look nice at least hah

maybe Singaporeans only like new car...very sad. [crazy]

287a_zps0c976ac3.jpg

i would have gotten a crx to drvie say 5 years ago.. if it was on sale earlier..

in the end i got a EC8 ... *sobs....

its just a beauty..

Supercharged

i would have gotten a crx to drvie say 5 years ago.. if it was on sale earlier..

in the end i got a EC8 ... *sobs....

its just a beauty..

me 2.

i almost getting myself a CRX 3 years ago until i realised it has NO power steering when i test driving it.

old man lah, No power steering will kill me man.

which series? NA ? NB? NC? ND is nice though...look nice at least hah

NA, NC... former sold to my son, latter sold to outsider

ND should be interesting --- back to basic with modern power plant, just hope it's not too ex.

I have driven NA, NC, found for low speed fun in local roads, NA is a blast, NC maybe more suitable for long runs up country?

NA is very basic but fun

me 2.

i almost getting myself a CRX 3 years ago until i realised it has NO power steering when i test driving it.

old man lah, No power steering will kill me man.

i m driving old van with no power steering... know what you mean about the stress!! [sweatdrop]

having said this, but once the car is moving, it should be ok, right? parking, 3 pts turns are bad.

NA, NC... former sold to my son, latter sold to outsider

ND should be interesting --- back to basic with modern power plant, just hope it's not too ex.

I have driven NA, NC, found for low speed fun in local roads, NA is a blast, NC maybe more suitable for long runs up country?

NA is very basic but fun

Hoping to see ND when i go TAS next year. Looks really cool and small.

Hoping to see ND when i go TAS next year. Looks really cool and small.

TAS has very nice winding roads for driving.... hiring or buying there?

3ec311f779f5a617af235c2c48f947933ebadf7d

Ah so desu ne! this reminded me few years bad i took a train from tokyo but only found out when i reached there that I was one year too early for the TAS!!! LOL

just want to share my opinion with you guys too cause i also interested in keeping COE cars as collection.

i feel that in order to predict which current cars will be the future classic exotics, we have to see what the current exotics have during their time.

e.g.

NA miata paved the way for small roadsters forever.

Civic EGs and EKs created the JDM persona.

supra, Rx7 and Nissan Z series, Silvia has a timeless design.

R33, R34 killed many supercars in their time.

NSX because they were the first JDM supercar

AE86 iconic and classic

what i think might be future exotics worth to renew COE and collect because they either shift the design paradigm or change the performance classification.

R35 due to its dethroning, superpower-killer godzilla performance.

DB9 due to its timeless design

S2000 because they one-up the roadster category with their one of the highest bhp per litre NA engine with high revs, handling and reliability.

LP-670-4 SV because its the last murcie, the rawest murcie, the last lambo before audi had a change to molest the brand.

FD2R probably the last 4 door NA CTR, has one of the higher bhp per litre for a NA.

F430 Scuderia, in my opinion, the last raw ferrari

Edited by Aerosmith
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6