What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Supersonic

of course. Nowadays its all about "monthly-how-much-can-I-fork-out ? "

prudence is so yesterday :D[pirate]

So sad, those who come into this thread are the old school thinking being prudence type, and are so yesteryear. Haha.
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Assuming all else equal, just base on simple maths, Elenatra PARF =6k:

88k - 6k PARF = 82k .........depre per year over 10 years would be 8.2k/year , vs

41k( 3 year depre)+ (69k -6k PARF) =  104k........depre per year over 13 years would be 8.0k/year

your friend save 2.6k over 13 year on depre.  Maths aside, he gets to drive a new car now at lower interest rate. 

this is the most clear cut way to calculate to see if worth it or not, without all the loan encumbrances. however many do not think this way. only top up how much cash and monthly loans going forward. m

• Praise 1

So sad, those who come into this thread are the old school thinking being prudence type, and are so yesteryear. Haha.

mcf pepole most pay cash hor!
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

mcf pepole most pay cash hor!ð¤ð¤ð¤ð¤

I know. But I follow garmen, go cashless, now everyday I so cashless. Sob sob. Edited by Ct3833

I know. But I follow garmen, go cashless, now everyday I so cashless. Sob sob.

wah.....means you have so many cards......i hate this kind of payment using paywave, pay (dont-know-what)......will surely overspend......lagi cialat!

Supersonic
(edited)

wah.....means you have so many cards......i hate this kind of payment using paywave, pay (dont-know-what)......will surely overspend......lagi cialat!

I only have a MRT card and I am cashless, boh Lui ah ! Haha Edited by Ct3833

I only have a MRT card and I am cashless, boh Lui ah ! Haha

means you personal assistant pay for you 1st and chauffered, atas people problem!

Supersonic

means you personal assistant pay for you 1st and chauffered, atas people problem!

Not so good life, typical sgprean lifestyle(not sure if that is call lifestyle), at times take train at times drive to work.

I think its crazy to do that. What for waste hard earned $$ ? It could be put to a better use. Some people thinking no logic leh

He sold his old Elantra for $47K and paid $69K for the new one.
Isn't that a $22K top up?

But the new car with $25K COE will have practically non existent resale value so he has to use till scrap.

Turbocharged
(edited)

of course. Nowadays its all about "monthly-how-much-can-I-fork-out ? "

prudence is so yesterday  :D  [pirate]

I had a friend who purchased a C180 for $155K some time back, and trade din his jap car for $40K.

He kept insisting that he paid only $115K ($155K - $40K) for his C180 and said it's dirt cheap.

This bugger took a 10 yr loan.

Now his C180 has high paper cos of his $60K COE but he is unable to dispose it cos of his 10-year loan.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

If he lose his job,  will you lend him $

I had a friend who purchased a C180 for $155K some time back, and trade din his jap car for $40K.

He kept insisting that he paid only $115K ($155K - $40K) for his C180 and said it's dirt cheap.

Now his C180 has high paper cos of his $60K COE but he is unable to dispose it cos of his 10-year loan.

Supersonic

a Friend just trade in his Elantra for $47,000 after buying @ $88K & drove 85,000Km over 3 yrs.  His New Elantra COE $25k & on the Road $69K.  He got this New Car with just $7K top up. Old Finance Company loan was 4%.  New Bank loan onl;y 2.2%.  He is Happy

3 years old car only can fetch $47k? Seems like lose a lot le? Anyway, i dont know how to calculate also if lose a lot or not?  [:p]

3rd Gear

Your ex-friend may have really gotten a good deal if he could sell off the C180 after a few years for same depreciation as his jap car (inclusive of all interest expenses). In other words, for same depre he got to drive a merc. :)

Supersonic
(edited)

I think its crazy to do that. What for waste hard earned $$ ? It could be put to a better use. Some people thinking no logic leh

What his friend did is not wrong but that is only because his friend has a high COE car. Refer to my calculation a few posts above. Edited by Ct3833

Not so good life, typical sgprean lifestyle(not sure if that is call lifestyle), at times take train at times drive to work.

Life in SG is such for regular joes like us....
↡ Advertisement