Chicken pox - eat what?

So_nice

Down wif CP at the moment...already went to see a GP yesterday and on mc now. Is there any food to take to aid the recovery? Opened to tcm methods too. Also any specific food to avoid? TIA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

eat plain porriage, drink one coconut juice a day.

Some people say cannot bathe. I can't tahan.... I bathed and washed my hair everyday. But take precaution not to scratch the poks. Do it slow and steady with warm water.

Cannot eat chicken, nuts and anything with "toxic" or heaty. [:p]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

Down wif CP at the moment...already went to see a GP yesterday and on mc now. Is there any food to take to aid the recovery? Opened to tcm methods too. Also any specific food to avoid? TIA

Avoid dark soya sauce (old folk's tale) .... [sly]

[:p]

• Praise 1

Some people say cannot bathe. I can't tahan.... I bathed and washed my hair everyday. But take precaution not to scratch the poks. Do it slow and steady with warm water.

ask ang mo doctor, everything can eat, ask TCM many thing cannot eat or do [laugh]

confirm not to eat crab and prawn or any seafood with shell.

some say cannot eat food with black stuff cos it will cause black scar when it heal.

• Praise 2

Shiok man. MC many days.

Avoid food that contain dark sauce. Basically food that are plain. Avoid meat that's high in fats, that slows the healing process. avoid citrus fruits, junk food , peanuts, spicy food, dairy products, bread ......eat porridge lor. Boh bian.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Drink plenty of 'liang cha' ... [smash]

Avoid dark soya sauce (old folk's tale) .... [sly]

[:p]

It's not old folk's tale. My cousin who had chicken pox took dark sauce and that left him with dark chicken pox scars. Doctors can't do anything.

• Praise 1

The fever and body ache..buey tahan. Only day 2

Drink more and sleep more lor. Chicken pox in adult is usually more serious than children.

No fry food, no fast food, no seafood. Steam fish ok.

• Praise 1

Cannot eat chicken, nuts and anything with "toxic" or heaty. [:p]

Apply 'Hazeline Snow' cream on the skin cos the cream got cooling effect and don't feel so itchy. [sly]

But 'Hazeline Snow' cream is fast running out of stock cos the company had stopped production. [:(]

Drink more and sleep more lor. Chicken pox in adult is usually more serious than children.

No fry food, no fast food, no seafood. Steam fish ok.

That's true. The older you get chickenpox the worst it becomes.

yeah, one bottle so cheap and use so long until expired. Pai tan. [laugh]

Apply 'Hazeline Snow' cream on the skin cos the cream got cooling effect and don't feel so itchy. [sly]

But 'Hazeline Snow' cream is fast running out of stock cos the company had stopped production. [:(]

• Praise 1

Plain porridge is the way to go. Lots of water and lots of shower for me. Don't pick at the bumps and just enjoy your leave at home. Not so lucky for most of us as we had it during our childhood days.

• Praise 1

If don't have, just grab calamine lotion. It'll also help with the itch, only side effect is you'll look a little pastry-like. :D

Assume your GP gave you the chicken pox anti-viral? If he didn't you should get the "beat dog stick" and give him a whack. [laugh]

Eat light and drink plenty of water :))

And most importantly, rest a lot :))

Soon, you will be Better liao :))

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1