Dear Mr Prime Minister

Yeobt

Supercharged

Saw this posting on FB. since the company name was mentioned, i think it should not be untrue.

=========================================================================================================

Dear Mr Prime Minister,

My name is Delwyn Yee Zheng Ting, aged 21 and I wish to discuss a very dire issue regarding my father Dallas Yee Kok Keong aged 48.

My father is a very hardworking man who was working for Jaguar Landrover as a manager and was forced to resign by his superior who is a Canadian. This particular superior was a bully. He draws a high salary and would always push all the work to my father who was already very busy but my father was way too good a person to make a fuss with him.

His immediate superior drew a high salary but was not able to perform. He even asked my father how to do excel spread sheet and power point. How is this person a foreign “talent”? To me he is just another bad person making use of my dad! My father tried his best to inform the higher authority about this issue but it didn’t work. This was because the top management were all Westerners. Many of the managers from the company resigned, leaving only my father who still turned up for work faithfully everyday.

3 months ago, my father was called up by his Canadian boss and was told that my father had to either resign or be sacked by the company. The reason he gave was they thought my father would also resign like the rest of the managers. They told my father that the company had already employed someone else to replace him. This was even before my father’s resignation. My father had never thought of resigning. But his Westerner boss and superiors, thinking that he might be a threat to the company, forced him to resign.

My father had no choice but to resign and was told to leave the company immediately. My father was a very good manager who was well liked by his staff. He had worked in the company for 6 years and his performance was always good. But he was forced to resign because his Canadian superior was not happy with him for no reason. His performance appraisal for the past 6 years in the company had been good. His customers were also happy with him. But he was forced to leave the company because these foreigners came to work in Singapore bullied my father.

Thankfully, my father, having a good reputation in the industry, was immediately approached by Jaguar in the Philippines. He had to accept the position because he had no choice. He left with my younger brother and sister and my step mother. I am now studying in Poly and cannot go with him. Now I am living alone in Singapore with my family so far away. Is this fair? Is this fair to me or my dad?

I really hope that you can come up with something to bring justice. Why are so many foreign talents allowed to work in Singapore even when they didn’t have the necessary skills? My father told me that his Canadian superior’s salary was so high that the company could use the money to employ 3 managers like my father. Shouldn’t Singaporeans be given the job? Or are the Singaporeans so incapable that we need to hire these foreign talents to come and bully my father.

I know foreign talents are important. But my father is also a talent. He has 30 years of experience in the industry and has been hard working. Why should he lose his job for no good reasons and now have to leave Singapore to work in the Philippines?

Please understand that I miss my father and my siblings. I am now all alone in Singapore. The foreign talents came in to Singapore and now Singapore talents have to leave and families break up. Is this what Singapore should become?

Thank you for listening to me.

http://therealsingapore.com/content/young-singaporean-pm-lee-please-stop-bringing-anymore-foreign-talents

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Things are not so dire yet

We have not reached the stage where the step mother has to work as maid overseas

• Praise 4

Knn.....self pawn.

his father also go philippines to snatch away the pinoy job.

Maybe 10times of the pinoy pay.

The issue here is "value".

Would the father be able add value to the new company? If so, then the Pinoys wouldn't begrudge him.

Had the Ang Mo boss of the father's added value to the company here? From the article, apparently not.

There is no conundrum here.

• Praise 7

Knn.....self pawn.

his father also go philippines to snatch away the pinoy job.

Maybe 10times of the pinoy pay.

Wahaha......true oso. Next 'appeal' to go viral would be "Dear President Aquino".....

• Praise 2

No full name and IC number? I want to believe lah. Too many fabricated stories out there.

The thing is that this is nothing new. Before the FTs came. Ppl do this like eat rice. When a new boss joins a company he will bring all his kaki, kiss ass and kah kia one by one to join him. It's a team we are looking at. Much like a team in the PM's office. I dunno if this is a good reference but anyway...

The new boss will surely remove those staff that are alien to him to make way for his team. Actually you can't blame the new boss. The father's old boss never take care of him when he moved on to a new company. He never bring along the father to join him in the new company. Why?

Who said life is fair? Anyway this kid still young to understand. It's time for him to learn to be independent and grow up to be a man.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

No full name and IC number? I want to believe lah. Too many fabricated stories out there.

The thing is that this is nothing new. Before the FTs came. Ppl do this like eat rice. When a new boss joins a company he will bring all his kaki, kiss ass and kah kia one by one to join him. It's a team we are looking at. Much like a team in the PM's office. I dunno if this is a good reference but anyway...

The new boss will surely remove those staff that are alien to him to make way for his team. Actually you can't blame the new boss. The father's old boss never take care of him when he moved on to a new company. He never bring along the father to join him in the new company. Why?

Who said life is fair? Anyway this kid still young to understand. It's time for him to learn to be independent and grow up to be a man.

Agree

Thats his view, to me as a boss u may not need to know excel or technical stuff etc. its more about leadership, getting the team together. When someone don't fit to the team, leaders had to do something about it

Agree

Thats his view, to me as a boss u may not need to know excel or technical stuff etc. its more about leadership, getting the team together. When someone don't fit to the team, leaders had to do something about it

Who knows, maybe PM needs a new mechanic manager for his fleet of cars. LoL...

Someone should show the kid a recent thread here....Bad News: Nothing Lasts Forever, Good News: Nothing Lasts Forever. :D

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement