Shisha Smoking Got Banned

Mockngbrd

Gahment cannot earn marney, so banned.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/shisha-to-be-banned-in/1452290.html

SINGAPORE: Shisha is no less hamful than other forms of tobacco use, so the Ministry of Health (MOH) intends to prohibit the import, distribution and sale of shisha (give free can?) from later this month, said Parlimentary Secretary for MOH Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim in Parliament on Tuesday (Nov 4).

e9bdd4ddca04f58f5b57d117f1f9dfe3.jpg

According to the National Health Survey 2010, 7.8 per cent of young adults aged 18-29 years smoke shisha at least occasionally, compared to 1 per cent among older adults. The Student Health Survey found that the proportion of students who used alternative tobacco products, including shisha, had increased from 2 per cent in 20009 to 9 per cent in 2012.

Dr Faishal said that in view of the health risks associated with shisha smoking, and to prevent the proliferation and entrenchment of shisha smoking in Singapore, the ban will be effected later this month.

"However, as a transitional measure, existing licensed tobacco importers and retailers who import or sell shisha tobacco will be allowed to continue importing and retailing shisha tobacco until Jul 31, 2016," he said.

"This allows such importers and retailers ample time to deplete their stock and restructure their businesses away from the shisha business."

- CNA/kk

And what harm has it done? Kampong Glam become hotbed of crime?

Must be some minister's hipster kid go haji lane, then see all these ppl smoking shishas, then think eeeyur, why like that one, so scary. I go home tell mummy daddy...

+ i don't smoke ciggies nor shishas. I'm just against stupid micro-managing policies like this. Doesn't the gahmen have anything better to do? Like go cure some cancers or ebolas.

Dr Faishal said that in view of the health risks associated with shisha smoking, and to prevent the proliferation and entrenchment of shisha smoking in Singapore, the ban will be effected later this month.

Cool story, bro.

When are they banning cigarettes ah?

Must be some minister's hipster kid go haji lane, then see all these ppl smoking shishas, then think eeeyur, why like that one, so scary. I go home tell mummy daddy...

+ i don't smoke ciggies nor shishas. I'm just against stupid micro-managing policies like this. Doesn't the gahmen have anything better to do? Like go cure some cancers or ebolas.

the problem is bro ... that some smokers can be very inconsiderate.

was at spize 2 weeks ago (bedok corner) and even though was seated at non-smoking area, people insist on lighting up. the guy next to me smoked no less than 7 ciggies during the hour he was next to us. unfortunately, the guy didnt give a shit about anyone else, and the staff also dont dare say anything to him (those huge muscle, tattoo kind of guy). just because that a**hole is too lazy to get up and cannot find a smoking table, he insist to be a nuisance to others ... >< even when i got home i was still a bit pissed off by his attitude.

edit: i will add that i used to smoke (occasionally), used to have a cigar now and then and the occasional shisha. im not against smoking.. people are free to do what they want with their lungs. but sometimes people should try to be considerate for others too.

Edited by Sp4wn

knn sisha snoking can ban

all those sls handphone shop give SG bad rep one cannot go and ban abit ah [thumbsdown]

smoking-hookah-like-a-boss_o_857646.jpg

actuallt smoking ban i understand.. i also hate all the smoking beside bustops (by right should be illegal) .. walk past with my baby i also faster run across..

but hp selling how to ban??.. we can dont support that shop with business .. thats all you can do right?

actuallt smoking ban i understand.. i also hate all the smoking beside bustops (by right should be illegal) .. walk past with my baby i also faster run across..

but hp selling how to ban??.. we can dont support that shop with business .. thats all you can do right?

shut down their business lah

take away their licence lor

SG do anything also need licence one mah

the problem is bro ... that some smokers can be very inconsiderate.

was at spize 2 weeks ago (bedok corner) and even though was seated at non-smoking area, people insist on lighting up. the guy next to me smoked no less than 7 ciggies during the hour he was next to us. unfortunately, the guy didnt give a shit about anyone else, and the staff also dont dare say anything to him (those huge muscle, tattoo kind of guy). just because that a**hole is too lazy to get up and cannot find a smoking table, he insist to be a nuisance to others ... >< even when i got home i was still a bit pissed off by his attitude.

edit: i will add that i used to smoke (occasionally), used to have a cigar now and then and the occasional shisha. im not against smoking.. people are free to do what they want with their lungs. but sometimes people should try to be considerate for others too.

But that's not to do with smoking mah. That's down to manners. Need different campaign already.

I also know plenty of smokers who are considerate, go one corner and smoke quietly away from others.

I agree with Mock. Let people do what they want, as long as they don't harm others.

But that's not to do with smoking mah. That's down to manners. Need different campaign already.

I also know plenty of smokers who are considerate, go one corner and smoke quietly away from others.

I agree with Mock. Let people do what they want, as long as they don't harm others.

im also ok with that bro (that people should be free to do what they want) really.- this is coming from someone who used to smoke ... but then maybe i have encountered more inconsiderate people than considerate people lately, so maybe im a little jaded liao :P

the absolute worse was this lady at spize (yes, spize again, dont ask me why some of the people there SUCK), just blatantly smoking while i was sitting with my buddy and his 6mth old kid. knn, not even smoking table. my wife got pissed off and told her to stop it, she took a few quick puffs then put it out. this is the kind of attitude i encounter every now and then :/

im also ok with that bro (that people should be free to do what they want) really.- this is coming from someone who used to smoke ... but then maybe i have encountered more inconsiderate people than considerate people lately, so maybe im a little jaded liao :P

the absolute worse was this lady at spize (yes, spize again, dont ask me why some of the people there SUCK), just blatantly smoking while i was sitting with my buddy and his 6mth old kid. knn, not even smoking table. my wife got pissed off and told her to stop it, she took a few quick puffs then put it out. this is the kind of attitude i encounter every now and then :/

What to do. This country is going down the shithole. All manners are now down the drain.

truer words have never been said :/

It was ok few years back until almost every shop also offer shisha in their shop, then you see whole stretch doing shisha. Just like you see whole stretch of shops in HK either 周大福 or sasa or pharmacy, every turn can see.