Can i deregister a car and leave it at home?

Aerosmith

I think there are taxes involved.

Peter Lim keeps his one and only special Bugatti at Euro Motors.

as in the title?

can i just leave it at home as an art piece?

as in the title?

Yes you can, there are collectors in Singapore who buy limited edition cars and just have them in the basement garage, oil drained and electronics connected to the house mains. Tires are the main issue and it is lifted and rotated every now and then.

I think there is a difference between a car that was never registered and a deregistered car, according to the below you cannot keep a deregistered car

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/de_register_a_vehicle/de-register.html

"Please note that if your vehicle is already de-registered, i.e. due to COE expiry, non-payment of road tax for 12 months, 3 consecutive years of lay-up, etc., you are required to send the de-registered vehicle to our Appointed Scrap Yard Operators for scrap or Export Processing Zone Operators for storage pending export, or export it with the submission of valid export documents to our office (refer to Step 2C(i) to (iv) below for the list of export documents required), within 1 calendar month from the date of its de-registration."

I think there is a difference between a car that was never registered and a deregistered car, according to the below you cannot keep a deregistered car

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/de_register_a_vehicle/de-register.html

"Please note that if your vehicle is already de-registered, i.e. due to COE expiry, non-payment of road tax for 12 months, 3 consecutive years of lay-up, etc., you are required to send the de-registered vehicle to our Appointed Scrap Yard Operators for scrap or Export Processing Zone Operators for storage pending export, or export it with the submission of valid export documents to our office (refer to Step 2C(i) to (iv) below for the list of export documents required), within 1 calendar month from the date of its de-registration."

But can always ask for exemption.. got ask got chance LTA may allow, subjected to their guideline etc. No ask 100% cannot ( Maybe I am wrong )

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

report missing, remove any identification like chassic number and engine number and keep it at home.

i like this idea.

i can't find any problem with keeping a car in your own home, i am shocked LTA disallows it.

another example of stupid regulations.

• Praise 1

TS, if you got space in your house to keep a car, you can afford to extend the COE or if it is old enough, apply for it to be classified a vintage car

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/registering-your-vehicle/registration-of-vintage-vehicles.html

got money does not warrant being a spendthrift. no intention to drive or even start the vehicle. Just intend to keep it for sentimental reasons.

weird laws we have in here, cannot even keep a de-registered vehicle as an antique.

• Praise 1

got money does not warrant being a spendthrift. no intention to drive or even start the vehicle. Just intend to keep it for sentimental reasons.

weird laws we have in here, cannot even keep a de-registered vehicle as an antique.

Imagine everyone keeps their old car, how am i supposed to find parking lot in mscp?

as in the title?

Can... you can use it as study, bonk room, toilet or even as flower bed....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6