Nissan X-Trail vs Kia Sorento vs Mit Outlander

Streamium70

Juz a friendly word of advice: SUVs are heavy. Dun convince yourself that you're lightfooted n all. An underpowered SUV will be a pig to drive n you'll regret. It's not like driving a B&B car. You WILL want power, trust me.

Turbo diesel is the way to go for SUV.

My vote go to Sorento CRDI, too bad it is No more available locally.

↡ Advertisement

I have different option, Sorento will be the last option of 3,

safety and accessories equiped no much different, but

1. Xtrail and outlander both AWD (outlander selectable), Sorento only FDW

2. among of 3 Sorento has the worest FC and haveiest body, even if its bhp is the highest, pickup still sluggish

3. Japanese brands have better reliability

4. Korean brands overstating performance

my 2 cents only

So so true. I feel when people want to buy SUV should really consider AWD only. That is one of the reason why I decided to give CX-5 a miss.

my brain is telling me to get the following in terms of specs by ranking:

First choice, Kia Sorento

2nd choice, Outlander or X-Trail.. In my opinion, both equally ok, just depends which you like..

BUT my heart goes to... Subaru Forestor 2.0xt turbo... But it's not a 5+2.. Sop sop.. But my wife don't like.. But I like.. But car registered in her name.. Cannot go and buy then tell..

Wow, same taste. I also like forester. The difference is my wife also like lol. But in the end after considering and short list a few SUVs, we didn't proceed to get one.

I have different option, Sorento will be the last option of 3,

safety and accessories equiped no much different, but

1. Xtrail and outlander both AWD (outlander selectable), Sorento only FDW

2. among of 3 Sorento has the worest FC and haveiest body, even if its bhp is the highest, pickup still sluggish

3. Japanese brands have better reliability

4. Korean brands overstating performance

my 2 cents only

You are always a anti Korea car person from all your post.

You will be surprise how well the Korea car are selling in Europe.

Do you know that Kia is the first brand in the world to offer 10yrs warranty on engine.

My Father own a picanto , will be 10yrs coming Jan. Through out the years, only do normal maintenance and wear & tear change. The only unexpected failure is the remote alarm installed by C&C.

Do you know that Kia is the first brand in the world to offer 10yrs warranty on engine.

My Father own a picanto , will be 10yrs coming Jan. Through out the years, only do normal maintenance and wear & tear change. The only unexpected failure is the remote alarm installed by C&C.

Yes, I had bad experience to Korean cars,

Past 10 years I owned 2 Korean cars and 3 Japanese cars, maybe my bad luck, this 2 Korean cars created A lot of problems, end up within 3 years sold out, but 3 Japanese cars didn't create any problem, sold out 2 due to my backside itch, another one still service me 6 years.

My dad has the same opinion but ever since I've bought my forte, it has been smooth sailing besides the usual wear and tear and the people who hit my car.

I have also short listed a few affordable 7 seater SUV today when I went car window shopping today..

1. Nissan X-Trail

> The last row is super impractical, defeats the purpose of a 7 seater SUV.

2. Mitsubishi Outlander

> Don't like the looks

3. Kia Sorento

> Waiting for the 2015. Looks kinda nice.

4. Hyundai Sante-Fe

> Nice and has an impressive interior. But still wanna wait for the Sorento and see how.

Went to look at the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and it is super super spacious, and well equip. Super tempted but really wanna own an SUV.. Haha.

Yes, I had bad experience to Korean cars,

Past 10 years I owned 2 Korean cars and 3 Japanese cars, maybe my bad luck, this 2 Korean cars created A lot of problems, end up within 3 years sold out, but 3 Japanese cars didn't create any problem, sold out 2 due to my backside itch, another one still service me 6 years.

5 cars in 10 yrs! so far, i have owned only 4 cars in 19yrs. All Jap. So far so good except the usual wear and tear. My current car is the longest i ever drive given the COE situation now.

Not juz anti kimchi but anti conti. In fact anti everything except jap n honda civic considered luxury car in his books. Go figure.....LOL!

Not juz anti kimchi but anti conti. In fact anti everything except jap n honda civic considered luxury car in his books. Go figure.....LOL!

you'v never seen my posts to praise K3/K5/Elantra and anti Civic/Altis meh, my comments are objective no biased, and not to boast or belittle any brands,

we are grass root level, definitely not able to afford Luxury Merc CGI loh :D

you'v never seen my posts to praise K3/K5/Elantra and anti Civic/Altis meh, my comments are objective no biased, and not to boast or belittle any brands,

we are grass root level, definitely not able to afford Luxury Merc CGI loh :D

Ok if u say so.

if i cannot afford conti suv ..sorento diesel is my first choice , space and power with many gadgets .

sat in the CX-5 before ... claustrophobicness sets in ...

how come no ones talks about Ssanyong suv ? seems to be a good contender leh

if i cannot afford conti suv ..sorento diesel is my first choice , space and power with many gadgets .

sat in the CX-5 before ... claustrophobicness sets in ...

how come no ones talks about Ssanyong suv ? seems to be a good contender leh

agree, Ssanyong doesn't lose those rivals in this category

but it is not common in market, buyers will concern spareparts, maintenance and insurance price

managed to try the outlander today.

3rd row is slightly bigger than x-trial but not as luxurious. there seems to be a lag in the power delivery when you try to step on it. it takes a while before the car gathers the momentum to move forward.

was quoted 140k and an additional overtrade of car +5k. Delivery is March 2015

Just my two cents.

For car, engine is the key, than other things like features....design etc. What drives the machine and which cannot fail....is the engine. Everything else is cosmetics.

Am driving a Sorento 2013 model, turbo diesel, and 75500km later.....and with new tyres...super smooth, super powerful when needed.

I chose diesel because full tank is SG$65 per full tank(after all the rebate and discount with credit card and loyalty card...) Cleaner burn, powerful with amazing torque of over 436NM plus its AWD.

So my bet is on the Sorento, today's kimchi is no longer like yesterday's kimchi.

Cheers.

• Praise 4

would have already change to sorento if not for the dang policies

unfortunately ..no matter how amazing she performs ...for others resale value only matters ...

Just my two cents.

For car, engine is the key, than other things like features....design etc. What drives the machine and which cannot fail....is the engine. Everything else is cosmetics.

Am driving a Sorento 2013 model, turbo diesel, and 75500km later.....and with new tyres...super smooth, super powerful when needed.

I chose diesel because full tank is SG$65 per full tank(after all the rebate and discount with credit card and loyalty card...) Cleaner burn, powerful with amazing torque of over 436NM plus its AWD.

So my bet is on the Sorento, today's kimchi is no longer like yesterday's kimchi.

Cheers.

The obsession with resale value puzzle me.

Cars are depreciative in value. Some more so than the others.

Using it as a basis for deciding what car to buy to me is silly.

I would buy something that I enjoy driving n look forward to seeing it on a daily basis.

Unless cost is the be all, end all to car purchase, then resale value should at the very most be an afterthought consideration.

My 0.1 cents.

• Praise 1

qashqai-vs-xtrail-676x273.png

Qashqai vs X-trail

This is like iphone6 vs iphone6+. LoL... Looks very similar especially the front and different in size.

Anyway will the 1.6L turbo(from Juke) go into these SUVs if we wait a little longer? Maybe for the Qashqai. X-trail is more suited with a 2.0L turbodiesel.

I wonder if the petrol/diesel engines from Renault are reliable.

A 1.6 turbo for the Qashqai is more sensible and appropriate than the 1.2 turbo which many forumer owners here have commented that the 1.2 turbo hesitates to move off from stationary despite flooring the accelerator.

But alas, this move means it would call under Cat B COE.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement