Turn off car DVR when passing customs?

Columbian78

Many cars now have DVRs installed, front and back. At the customs they usually have signs that say no photo or video taking.
Do you guys switch off or take out the wires of your DVRs when at the customs, singapore and malaysia side? Anyone had experienced problems, please share. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Many cars now have DVRs installed, front and back. At the customs they usually have signs that say no photo or video taking.

Do you guys switch off or take out the wires of your DVRs when at the customs, singapore and malaysia side? Anyone had experienced problems, please share. Thanks.

Some people have minor accidents at the customs due to the slow moving cars.

So having your DVR still enabled will be a better idea.

• Praise 2

Custom not bothered... But don't touch your car cam here and there and play with the function when driving into custom.. Else they mistaken that you are turn the car cam angle to take survelence shot..

• Praise 4

do not need to turn off, a few times the officers had seen my dvr onz. but they did not mentioned it.

just use a bro mentioned here, always got clowns who force their way thru and hit our car there better to leave it on..i was hit once at JB custom when a lady driver tries to force her way in, after hitting my car she still says that I cut into her lane....pointed to my DVR and says we got nothing more to say just make our report then she volunteer to ask me send to my workshop for repair.

• Praise 3

there's a difference when the dvr is doing the recording on it's own versus when one operates the equipment when going through the customs in the sight of public and customs officers.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Just don't do anything funny and they won't care. I guess if you do something funny then its just another thing they can use to get you lo.

• Praise 1

Just behave normal, don't fiddle with this and that.

And please don't ask the customs officer whether it is permitted. This may cause further delay to yourself and others as the officers may want to start inspecting every vehicle!

• Praise 3

That time go back camp reservist only 1 out of 5days the guard ask me switch off. I think custom less strict. I doubt there is any dire consequences also.

↡ Advertisement