Esso Hougang closing end Nov, giving out discount vouchers!

Doppel

Farewell Esso Hougang, thank you for serving the residents of Hougang for the past thirty years.

Many thanks to Esso Hougang for giving MCF members the chance of getting these discount vouchers. Wish you good lucks in your next place. Huat ah!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Maybe last day they want to clear their stock on the discount booklet? On sat i went there to pump, they only gave one booklet, despite the petrol station is so empty and quiet. Anyway, even they give many booklets also no use, cause cant use so many. Lol.

yea... if have extra... give away lor...

so funny when i went there... auntie there complain got ppl pump $10... get 1 booklet... pump another $10... ask for another 1... repeat for 5 booklets...

asked auntie for 2 ... she gave me 5!

only kept 1 for own use... others gave away liao :D

• Praise 3

yea... if have extra... give away lor...

so funny when i went there... auntie there complain got ppl pump $10... get 1 booklet... pump another $10... ask for another 1... repeat for 5 booklets...

asked auntie for 2 ... she gave me 5!

only kept 1 for own use... others gave away liao :D

Good for you bro...广结善缘。

• Praise 3

Those who got extra just give away to friends and other MCFers.

I kept 2 for myself and gave away 2 others cos no point to keep more and I don't want to waste it.

For once, i must praise Esso, too bad can't give them 5pts :D

• Praise 8

Just to share, I tried to use both the $5 coupon + $2 scratch & win coupon together earlier, but was told only can use either 1, not both.

• Praise 1

Just to share, I tried to use both the $5 coupon + $2 scratch & win coupon together earlier, but was told only can use either 1, not both.

Wow you fast eh bro, today first day for using coupons.

My tank can't go in $100 petrol so likely will pump $50 each time but that means more trips to the station. I ngiaow want to squeeze Esso so maximise the discount.

Thks for the info [thumbsup]

• Praise 7

I usually fill up on Sunday, but waited till today since still have more than 1/4 tank. only managed to pump $89 so only used 1 coupon.

Hmmm... maybe next time I also try to pump just $50 to get the max benefit ( in terms of % ) .

Thanks

I usually fill up on Sunday, but waited till today since still have more than 1/4 tank. only managed to pump $89 so only used 1 coupon.

Hmmm... maybe next time I also try to pump just $50 to get the max benefit ( in terms of % ) .

Thanks

the nett min $50/- is after discount hor... dont pump $50 zhun zhun... ard 65 shld be enough.. [:)]

the nett min $50/- is after discount hor... dont pump $50 zhun zhun... ard 65 shld be enough.. [:)]

Nope.

Just pumped $50. 24.39L of 95.

Use Citibank dividend. $50 - $7 (14% discount) - $5 = $38

Haven include the cash back and smile points.

• Praise 3

Nope.

!!!! [blush]

my stand corrected! tks! [laugh]

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 1

Nope.

Just to remind all Citi Div card holders, you DON'T get back 5% cashback for amounts less than $50, you just get the normal 0,5%.

So for now, I'll use the DBS Essocard and get straight 17% deduction so for $50 pump, I'll pay

$37-35 only (less $5 and less 17%).

• Praise 10

Just to remind all Citi Div card holders, you DON'T get back 5% cashback for amounts less than $50, you just get the normal 0,5%.

So for now, I'll use the DBS Essocard and get straight 17% deduction so for $50 pump, I'll pay

Good info. Thanks.

Must squeeze back at those blood suckers petroleum companies.

• Praise 1

Nope.

Wow.....OK, thank you.

• Praise 2

I am using the OCBC plus, think got 14%, but ok lah, not that much different for my small car.

• Praise 1

Good info. Thanks.

Must squeeze back at those blood suckers petroleum companies.

ha ha...yes, you are right, we should try to get the most for our $$.

• Praise 1

Ty for sharing

• Praise 1

Nope.

You will not get 5% dividend rebates because you charged less than $50 to the dividend card. Citibank Dividend card must charge minimum $50. You should have purchased coupons or some other things to make up $50.

I just pump $50.00 and paid $36.50 using DBS Esso platinum. I think best deal already.

DBS Esso Platinum

S$50.00 - 17% - S$5.00 = S$36.50 (27% discount!)

Citibank Dividend

If you only pump petrol at Esso, you will need to pump S$64.00 gross to be entitled to 5% Citibank Dividend cash rebate. (Requires minimum of S$50.00 to be charged to your Citibank Dividend CC)

S$64.00 - 14% - S$5.00 = S$50.04 - 5% = S$47.54 (25.73% discount)

If you purchase a booklet of parking coupons everytime you pump at Esso, you only need to pump S$52.40 gross petrol:

S$52.40 - 14% - S$5.00 = S$40.06 - 5% = S$38.06 (27.37% discount)

Note: 5% cash rebate still applicable because you charged a total of S$50.06 (petrol + parking coupon) to your Citibank Dividend CC.

From: http://adviseandadvices.blogspot.sg/2014/11/esso-vouchers-giveaway-s500-off-s5000.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2