"Under Happy" (Workplace Happiness Index)

Scion

ladies and gentlemen, we learn a new word today ----> under happy [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

*last i googled, i couldn't find any definition for it... so it's certainly a newly created word or phrase or whatever you call it [smash]:D

Employees in Singapore are ‘Under Happy’: Workplace happiness survey
20242017.JPG?itok=9HUDKZ_D
Employees chalked up a score of 59 out of 100 on the overall workplace happiness index

Published: 9:59 AM, November 11, 2014

SINGAPORE — A new national workplace happiness survey found that employees here could be happier, after they chalked up a score of 59 out of 100 on the overall workplace happiness index.

The score falls within the band of ‘Under Happy’ (51 to 67) which is between ‘Unhappy’ (0 to 50) and ‘Happy’ (68 to 100).

The survey, conceived by the Singapore Human Resources Institute and consulting firm Align Group, sought to use scientific measures to create the first national benchmark on happiness at the workplace.

It qualified workplace happiness through 28 factors, sorted into four categories — satisfaction, alignment, engagement and well-being.

The survey also found that happiness is related to one’s personal perception of their job and their experience at work. This meant that the ability of the company in promoting pride, positive emotions, sense of achievement and improving its culture and role fit would influence how happy its employees might feel.

Survey findings also showed that workplace happiness drivers are not universal. Different groups of employees would relate more to certain happiness drivers. For instance, women workers preferred a fair and inclusive workplace, and members of Generation Y favoured positive emotions at work.

Over 5,000 respondents took part in the survey, conducted between April and August this year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

ladies and gentlemen, we learn a new word today ----> under happy [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

*last i googled, i couldn't find any definition for it... so it's certainly a newly created word or phrase or whatever you call it [smash]:D

Not happy with the term unhappy, they have to come up with a new term "under happy". Does that make the people happier? [sweatdrop][laugh]

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 7

There is only happy and unhappy in dictionary, so why die die must force and create a new word "under happy" to distinguish the ppl not happy and not unhappy??

Can't they use word like "Satisfactory"? Or "Contended"?

Are they trying to be funny or creative? Or they are just trying to justify the feelings of normal Singaporeans, so as to cover something?

Guess they must come out with word so as to justify their work to make them happy and not unhappy....

Oh well :D

Edited by Ktglfc
  • Praise 3

There is only happy and unhappy in dictionary, so why die die must force and create a new word "under happy" to distinguish the ppl not happy and not unhappy??

Can't they use word like "Satisfactory"? Or "Contended"?

Are they trying to be funny or creative? Or they are just trying to justify the feelings of normal Singaporeans, so as to cover something?

Guess they must come out with word so as to justify their work to make them happy and not unhappy....

Oh well :D

What they are trying to say is that we are just 'under' happy, not really happy at all but slightly niah....

In percentage, should be around 75% ~ 90% happy niah. Not 100% happy ... :huh:

[laugh] = happy

^_^ = 'under' happy (still can manage a very small smile)

[:(] = unhappy

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 4

What they are trying to say is that we are just 'under' happy, not really happy at all but slightly niah....

In percentage, should be around 75% ~ 90% happy niah. Not 100% happy ... :huh:

[laugh] = happy

^_^ = 'under' happy (still can manage a very small smile)

[:(] = unhappy

Thanks, Bro :)

I see... they should just use icons rather than words lor...

A pic icon tells a thousand words :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can be applied more unversally too

The score falls within the band of ‘Under Paid’ (51 to 67) which is between ‘Unpaid’ (0 to 50) and ‘Paid’ (68 to 100).

• Praise 6